Quotes, sayings and wit

Started by Captain Maltese, December 24, 2016, 03:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Shadow

Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Captain Maltese

"Always she'd be there. Never in between us. Always in the middle."

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Grainne

Quote from: Nico on March 02, 2019, 12:00:10 AM
"Morality is not the doctrine of how we may make ourselves happy, but of how we may make ourselves worthy of happiness" – Immanuel Kant

I love Kant.

Language has created the word 'loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone.-- Paul Tillich
Be the change you wish to see.
------------------------------------------------

Nico

Quote from: Grainne on September 12, 2019, 05:25:58 PM
I love Kant.
Same! I am a huge Philosophy fan.

"I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn." -Anne Frank

Hintoki

“I’m not telling you to make the world better, because I don’t think that progress is necessarily part of the package. I’m just telling you to live in it. Not just to endure it, not just to suffer it, not just to pass through it, but to live in it. To look at it. To try to get the picture. To live recklessly. To take chances. To make your own work and take pride in it. To seize the moment.”

Joan Didion.

Captain Maltese

"Some times the best you can do is not going to be good enough, but you should still try."

- a smith on Forged In Fire

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

gaggedLouise

"Sometimes, when you're standing so close you're face to face with another man, you cannnot see his face."

-Michail Gorbachev, talking to the press after the 1986 Reykjavik summit, his first major summit with Reagan and an occasion with massive expectations hinged on to the event. The meeting didn't lead to a breakthrough on the arms race, but it may have laid the ground for their later successes. I love the oblique humanity of this quote.

In his memoirs, ten years later, Gorby added that seeing the journalists waiting for them at the end of the hall as they exited the secluded room where the two delegations had been talking about weapons of doom, it felt as if the reporters represented mankind, waiting for some momentous statement, or even to hear its final judgment.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Nico

"Language can only deal meaningfully with a special, restricted segment of reality. The rest, and it is presumably the much larger part, is silence."

(In memoriam) George Steiner, Language & Silence

Redhorn

"Life is a disease: sexually transmitted and invariably fatal."

Neil Gaiman
Ons/Offs
Discord: redhorn_

Despairs

"The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure, instead of having pain and pleasure use you." Tony Robbins
---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

Status: May be slow in replying to messages due to online Uni and job hunting.

Uni graduation: 8/24/25.

Despairs

When life knocks you down. Stand the fuck up and say "You hit like a bitch."
[
---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

Status: May be slow in replying to messages due to online Uni and job hunting.

Uni graduation: 8/24/25.

Captain Maltese

"There's something you don't see every day. A gun ship in your rear mirror." - Jeremy Clarkson

Captain Maltese

"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts." - 'Lawrence Of Arabia'

Captain Maltese

Soft you now,
The fair Ophelia!—Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remembered.

- from "Hamlet"; Shakespeare

Captain Maltese

"In order to know virtue, we must first acquaint ourselves with vice." - Marquis de Sade

Nali

“Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.” - Albert Einstein

clonkertink

"Falling: one of humanities most feared and misunderstood conditions." -The Tick

Saxman172

“The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
-Douglas Adama

Nico

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise." -Victor Hugo

Love And Submission

Miyuki : You're tough. I love tough guys.

Aniki Murakawa : I wouldn't carry a gun if I were tough.

Miyuki : You can shoot without a second thought.

Aniki Murakawa : I shoot fast because I get scared fast.

Miyuki : But you're not afraid of dying, are you?

Aniki Murakawa : When you're scared all the time, you reach a point when you wish you were dead.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

gaggedLouise

"I learnt that the King hath many bastard children, all known and owned" /paid for/

-Samuel Pepys in his diary, 1666 :)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Captain Maltese

"Good luck to you in your holy cause, Captain Sheridan. May your choices have better results than mine. Remembered, not as a messenger, remembered not as a reformer, not as a prophet, not as a hero, not even as Sebastian. Remembered only .. as Jack."

- from Babylon 5

LostInTheMist

"If you ever find that you're the most talented person in the room, you need to find another room."
--Austin Kleon

"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius."
--Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: Chronic migraines are creating posting problems. Posting is slower than usual.

Captain Maltese

"I think a man only needs one thing in life. He just needs someone to love. If you can't give him that, then give him something to hope for. And if you can't give him that, just give him something to do."
- Liddle, in Flight Of The Phoenix

Captain Maltese

"I don't think you are as wicked as you pretend to be."
"I'm not? Good grief! After all the efforts I've been making! How disappointing!"
- from Corto Maltese And The Ballad Of The Salt Sea