Dragon Age Origin, Redone (Allistar/Grey Warden, everything else is free game)

Started by Braioch, January 01, 2010, 01:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braioch

Alright, I've been convinced to take on another thread, moslty by myself, because I've been dying to do this damn kind of story xD. Anyways, Dragon Age: Origins, it's on the 360 and PC. If you don't know it, well I really don't want to explain it, really I don't.

...anywho

The story line is canon, basically just start off as the game does, except really I'm going to start off with everybody but Zevran in the party. But if someone's wanting to be Zevran, we can work him in quick like, so that's fine too. So basically it's pretty simple, you can have one of the characters that are in the original story line, or you can make up your own and run it by me and I'll see who I can get rid of.

Now of course there are rules here, first off, I'm only letting in enough people to cover the number of possible characters in the game. So if you're not wanting a canon character, then we replace a canon character with your original one.

Second, I will be playing as the Male Grey Warden who is the main hero of the game. No exceptions on that one.

Third, I need someone to play Allistar, now this is where we swing away from canon again, in the sense that I'm wanting my male grey warden character paired with Allistar. So whoever wants to play Allistar needs to bare in mind, I'm wanting him in a M/M relationship with my char.

Everything after that can just be discussed. Now obviously if everyone's going to bring in original characters, then we need to do a whole new overhaul on how your character comes in as opposed to how the canon characters came in. So make sure to let me know before that so we can work it out beautifully. Otherwise we'll just start off from right after the large scale attack which equalled Duncan and King death, and onto Lothering. Which means if someone's wanting Morrigan, let me know, or if they're wanting to replace here or something let me know.

Oh and any other pairings after that is completely your choice.

Alright, I've rambled on long enough, post here to let me know, or PM me.

~Braioch~

EDIT:
Alright here's the character list to show what's open, and who's taken what. (Red font means taken, blue means the spot is open, remember you can replace with an original character if you want, just say so on here and send me your character sheet.)

Sten-
Allistar-
Leliana-

Male Grey Warden- Braioch

Ogrhen/Sylvie "Gouger" Depthrum- Shihong
Wynne/???(WIP)- Destiny Ascension
Morrigan- Kate
Zevran- Ryuka Tana
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Destiny Ascension

Alright, I'm hooked, consider me very, very interested. Although I'm not free to sit down for 10 minutes until the start of next week, I'm definitely interested in this.

I'm thinking of going the way of an original character to replace Morrigan or Wynne as a combat mage or a healer; whichever really, maybe a Dalish mage, would be an interesting avenue to poke around in, especially if the party visits the Circle Tower ^_^
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Kate

I would go Morrigan if i can turn into any animal of any gender (and be highly perverted)

Braioch

Alright, so Destiny you'll have to replace Wynne, so that Kate can have Morrigan.

Kate, you can have free reign with whatever animal you want, the game was understandably restrictive on it, but have fun with whatever. Just means I'll have to put this in the Extreme section more than likely which is fine.

Alright, anyone else?
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Crovonovin

I'd love to stand in as a replacement for Oghren.  A dwarf female warrior, probably a berserker/reaver.

Braioch

Works for me, Oghren out, new warrior in.

Of course Destiny and Shihing, I'll need character sheets then, to get a good idea for your characters.

That leaves Zevran, Leliana, Sten and importantly (to me :P) I need someone willing to play Allistar in a M/M relationship, once I get that I'll get this underway.

^_^

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Ooh ooh, Zev! Me, pick me! I'm surprised he hasn't been jumped all over."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Braioch

Ok Ryuka, you're on board then, added you to my new list.

That leaves three spaces open, one of which I need to start, lol.

Oh for anyone who's using an original character, if you're wanting a different entry point then what the character you're replacing, make sure to add that in there. Cuz you know, if you're having an OC, you might want an original entrance as well. If not, then just let me know.

Oh and if anyone's wanting to pair with someone specific, make sure to post it here too.

Obviously, whoever is playing Allistar and my char are off limits....I should probably come up with my own sheet too considering my char has too kinda be original XD
Whoops

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Crovonovin

Sent you my sheet.  I imagine my character would come in long before Orzammar, making the eventual return there particularly...dramatic. 

Canuckian

Is this a free-form game or with a specific system?  I know that Dragon Age is having a deadtree RPG come out in the next little while, but I don't know what system it's for.

Braioch

There is a system in game for both the Xbox 360 and the PC version, but really all I ask is that it's freeform within the realms of teh game. Obviously a bit of alteration or embellishment is fine, but not branching too far outside the realms.

You do know the game right?

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Canuckian

Yuppers :)  I didn't think much of it when I was still all googly-eyed over Mass Effect, but then I started watching the trailers and reading about it and knew it was a first-day purchase for me.

Aside from some serious level-grinding moments (like Orzammar) when it felt more like a dungeon-crawler than an RPG, it was a stellar title.  I fell into the typical BioWare trap where I got so involved with the characters that all the combat bits felt like a chore to get me to the next conversation I could have :D

As far as E-Land here goes, I'm straighter than an arrow so I don't think I'd be a good match for your Allistair, but I'll give the ol' grey matter a bit of a whirl and see if I can't come up with something for this setting. 

I should point out that I have a strong affnity for Morrigan and Leliana.  I refuse to believe that I'm the only one who thinks that Bioware tried too hard to make Morrigan the 'bad girl' of the story.  Leliana is the loopy one of the group by far.  After peppering her target with enough arrows to turn it into a demented porcupine, "I tried to be merciful!"  just aren't the words of a sane person :D

Braioch

Well bear in mind that you can just replace one of the other characters with your own original creation, just make sure to have an entry idea ready and a whole sheet as well.

If you can't do M/M, that's obviously quite fine, as I can't do M/F, so I understand. If you're wanting your character to get with Morrigan, you'll have to talk to the one controlling Morrigan, I.e Kate....and uhh prepare for perversion on her part too apparently xD

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Canuckian

Quote from: Braioch on January 02, 2010, 01:56:45 AM
Well bear in mind that you can just replace one of the other characters with your own original creation, just make sure to have an entry idea ready and a whole sheet as well.

Where can I get one of these character sheets?  Or is it just a text write-up?

QuoteIf you're wanting your character to get with Morrigan, you'll have to talk to the one controlling Morrigan, I.e Kate....and uhh prepare for perversion on her part too apparently xD

Hmm.  That depends.  Kate?  Do you have that sexy Australian accent Claudia Black gave to Morrigan? ;)

Braioch

I'll leave that last bit for her to answer xD

Anyways the character sheet is standard name, age, race, appearance, skills, background/history, etc

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Canuckian

Gotcha.  Well, I'll kick-start the brain and see what it disgorges.  I rarely use it so it takes some time to warm up :)

Destiny Ascension

What about magical spells? Are we going to limit ourselves to what the game offers or expand it to include practical uses? Like using fire to light torches or something, or using a magical staff to act in way of a torch?

Also, PM'd you my sheet. Sorry its so weak, I put it together in all of 15 minutes, I'll work on it today.
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."

Canuckian

Personally, I don't see why.  Fire is fire, and it should burn tinder as easily as it burns the Darkspawn.  Though much less fun :p

Kate

i have not played the game but have read about it a lot

can anyone give me some guidelines on what spells i can have (if i do want to change into creatures ... i know its perverted but i do want to change into a male wolve and a male horse if i can for sexual roleplay issue ... not sure waht other spells i can have.

If others prefer i didnt play her like this (ie as a perverted selfish little bitch) i can drop out and let another more suitable assume her mantle -

Canuckian

Morrigan was limited to three shapes in-game: Giant Spider, Bear, and a swarm of Flying Insects.  Whether or not these are the only shapes the spell allows or if it was for gameplay purposes, I don't know.  The rest of her spells are more offensive in nature than healing.  If this was Star Wars, Morrigan would be the Sith Witch instead of a Jedi Knight.

As for how you want to play her, Morrigan IS a perverted selfish little bitch.  With a few angsty moments tossed in for good measure.  Personally, I'm not into beastiality or even furries/anthros.  If one of the other players is interested, you're still in luck :)

Destiny Ascension

Just as said above, yes your description on Morrigan is extremely close.

As for Shapeshifting, the skills in game are extremely limited, since she admits to changing to a cat and wolf in dialogue. I assume, she can shapeshift into anything she studies. Its likely behavior and appearance study, so watching a spider or wolf going about its thing would be the best way. So in theory, she can change into anything.

Other attacks Morrigan uses are mostly curses and elemental damage. Fire, ice, earth and lightening are the elements though they are basic. Morrigan more dove into less nice arts of magic, such as hexes and curses that(In real world descriptions) cause enemies to suffer from severe nightmares, like hallucinations, and even to lose motor skills and depth perception, even brittling bones or something alone those lines to make them less likely to attack, less likely to recover from an attack, and even to the point of a complete mental meltdown.

Crovonovin

I'll say now that I'm quite receptive to the things you're suggesting Kate, so don't feel put out from the get go with that particular kink.

Wolfy

I'd say I want to be an Original Blood Mage/Battle Mage..but..o3o Seems I wouldn't fit in. xD

Kate

well i was expecting to be rejected because of my perverted tastes...

i think i may cause some character conflincts in the party (one already mentioned they are not huge on beastiality - which my character would gladly do if i control her).

So i guess the other parties make a decision if you wish to give this role to another or not...

Crovonovin

As I said, I am perfectly find with it.  If others are not quite so open about it, I'm sure I can...accommodate you as needed.  ;)