Rosewood Rehabilitation Asylum (Interest Check/Recruitment)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, October 04, 2014, 10:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

Rosewood Rehabilitation Asylum
Sending You Back To Your Families A New Person

Here at Rosewood we have a promise. “If you respect and trust us, we will respect and trust you.”

We won’t treat you like a child. All our patients are treated with the utmost respect and care, as all of our patients have come willingly on their own with the hopes to get well. All we ask if that you follow the guidelines we have placed in order to help you get better, as well as keep you safe.

We help everything within our range from  paranoia, insomnia, depression, schizophrenia, kleptomania, bulimia, anorexia, to erectile dysfunction. We even have a special program for those switching genders, and those unhappy with their current sexual attractions.   

In Massachusetts, away from other towns, at least ten miles in either direction, a grand building sit. Beautiful in it’s architectural design, it’s furniture comforting, calming, the staff pleasant faced all in hopes to keep their residents as docile, without tranquilizers, as possible. It’s luxurious in it’s own way, though none of the residents have to pay for their stay, neither do their families. As they have volunteered to be there, agreeing to take the new and experimental drugs, their stay is free.

Each of the rooms have three full size beds in them and a shelf with nine compartments to be shared along with personal dressers and a closet separated by colors to signify whose clothes are to be put where. With strict schedules, keeping the flow or normality and systems to help each patient grow as a person, staff is well equipped to handle day to day affairs. Highly educated psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, doctors, and orderlies run the Asylum under supervision of one of the 21st century's greatest minds. Gregory House. (Just a name reference is all.) Plenty of personal time is given each day to make the residents feel as if they have part of their freedom still. After all normality is what feeling Rosewood is trying to instill. With regular diets, exercise, and creative stimulation, Rosewood attempts to help not only the minds of it's patients but their bodies too.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

• Schedule Sunday - Saturday
    7:00 - Morning Checks
    An orderly will be by to politely, not rudely tap or knock on your door, top calmly open the quiet slow in your door to make sure everyone is in their bed, hopefully getting ready for a new day!
    8:00 - Breakfast
    The same menu is given each morning through a two week time period. Serving time is between 8:00 and 8:20. Breakfast will not be given out after 8:20 unless on Doctor’s orders, to keep a bowel movement regular or if a special case had a bad morning start.
    9:00 - Community Group
    Together as a community, despite the color that you have been designated you’ll speak with your fellow residents about setting daily goals, as well as long term goals, what’s brought you to the hospital in the first place though it’s suggested to keep private details between your psychiatrist and yourself.
    10:00 - Individual Therapy/ Artistic Therapy
    Every other day you see your psychiatrist, for the next hour and a half you’ll talk of your thoughts, what led you to this place in your life. Go through routine questions, laugh, cry, or perhaps go through no emotion at all. On the days you don’t get to see your therapist you get to go into the art room, play with musical instruments, draw, write, paints anything that suits your fancy.
    12:30 - Lunch
    Lunch begins promptly at 12:30, usually smaller than breakfast and light. The same menu is rotated through every two weeks, just as breakfast is.
    1:15 - Recreational Therapy
    Alternating between viewing a film, picked out by the Nurses though typically of the book that’s been read to them, and being read a book by Nurse Proctor with the option to follow along, she’s very enthusiastic, recreational therapy is to help build up memory skills. At the end of every week there is a short quiz or sorts about what has been presented.
    2:45 - Grounds Visitation
    Encouraging the patients to keep up with their physical fitness an hour and fifteen minutes of grounds time, whether permitted, is allotted every day. Outside there are swings, a merry-go-round specifically built for adults, as well as a small kick ball court.
    4:00 - Visiting Hours
    Monday - Thursday family members, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, are all allowed to visit for an hour. Though to visit those must be on the list and all contraband items must be removed before hand including cellphones.
    5:00 - Dinner
    Bigger than lunch Dinner is served at 5:00 ending at 5:20 every evening. The menu is rotated through once every three weeks. Though occasionally, if the residents have had a good week as a whole they get take out from one of the closest fast food places. Part of the incentive to do well and help others.
    6:00 - Community Group Closure
    As a whole everyone comes together and speaks of any daily goals they have set or achieved, how their day went, and what they are excited for.
    7:00 - Personal Time
    For three hours, as we respect privacy to a point and acknowledge that each person is a consenting adult the patients are given personal time. They are allowed to watch a movie, play cards, board games, do puzzles, write, though they are not allowed back into the art room.
    10:00 - Lights Out
    Nightly medication is give out at 9:30 and at 10:00 everyone is prompted to return to their rooms and try to sleep. While most people do not fall asleep promptly at 10:00 the medication rarely lets you stay away longer than an hour, allotting for at least eight hours of sleep, the recommended amount.

Staff

Carnage's Character

NameAmber Fernandez

Age 28

GenderFemale

SexualityHeterosexual

Position Psychologist

Personality Like any good psychologist Amber is calm and collected. Understanding with an excellent ‘I see’ face. Her work rules her life most of the time. A little naive Amber believes the best in her patients and is willing to give them the same respect they all deserve, even if they are a little less than sweet with her.

History One of the reasons Amber got hired at such a young age is because of her take on experimental drugs. Amber believes that without them there’s no way for things to get better in the future. Someone has to test them out, why not volunteers? Growing up in multiple towns, bases, and countries, Amber led a fairly sheltered life. Not having a solid idea of the real world until she went to college. How people function outside of a controlled town where everyone has their space and there are no drug addicts down the street that you have to worry about stealing your things.

Her parents, a mother who was a military psychiatrist, and her Father a Drill Sergeant in charge of getting troops ready for deployment. At the age of 17 Amber graduated from High school and a  week after her 18th birthday was enrolled in college. Even though her Mother disapproved of her studying psychology Amber only felt that it was right. Graduating top of her class a few years later Amber did small time work before finding Rosewood Rehabilitation Asylum.

Patients

Carnage's Character
Name Sophia Rivers, Andrew Walter Michaels

Age Sophia is 23, Andrew is 26

GenderFemale, Male

Sexuality Sophia and Andrew are both heterosexual

Disorder Dissociative identity disorder

PersonalitySophia is a sweet girl, happy-go lucky with a whimsical way about her. A very clever girl Sophia didn’t graduate early or top of her class, but she never failed a test and her grades never dropped below that of an ‘A’. A little more on the reserved side, despite what her face would suggest, Sophia keeps to herself, has since she was a child.

Andrew is a rough and tough guy. He’s stubborn, cocky, and full of himself. He likes women, drinking, and fighting. Andrew dropped out of school when he was 13. Wasn’t no life for him. He could work on bikes, didn’t need no schoolin’ to teach him that.

History Sophia is a case study. Having been one few diagnosed with DID she volunteered to go to the hospital after Andrew almost killed a man who insulted him. As a young child Andrew was always in the back of Sophia’s mind, never coming out for other people to see. At the age of 13 when puberty hit, every now and then Sophia’s Mother became horrified at the things Sophia said and did. It was as if Sophia blacked out, she’d blink and suddenly start crying from the awful headache.

At 19 Sophia moved out of her Mother’s house into her own apartment. She was selling paintings, drawings, and dresses that she made. It brought in pretty good money. Sophia got into a car accident though. Died for a little over 1 minute. After that Sophia kept even more to herself. So people couldn’t see when Andrew took over.

Born in 1949 Andrew was no momma’s boy. Momma ran off when he was just a little kid, bout ten or so. Daddy taught him all he needed to know, yes sir. One older brother, no good school going piece of trash Jerry, left not too long after Momma did. Left Andrew alone with Daddy. Not to say that Daddy did things to him but there are points in Andrew’s life that he’d rather not remember. Or tell anyone about for that matter. Ain’t none of ye damn business anyway.

Rest of Andrew’s life he spent working on cycles. Gotta love a good cycle right? 1963. That’s the year for cycles. 1965 ain’t to bad but good luck finding any parts now days. Don’t know what the fuck this girl’s got going on.

Will you ever be cured? Hell no! Have you seen this little broad? She’s never going to get rid of me.

Staff Character Sheet

(Photo- preferably real)
Name
Age (anywhere from 25 up)
Position (Doctor, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Nurse, Orderly)
Personality
History (Includes thoughts on experimental drugs)

[float=left](Photo- preferably real)
[/float][b]Name[/b]
[b]Age[/b] (anywhere from 25 up)
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Sexuality[/b]
[b]Position[/b] (Doctor, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Nurse, Orderly)
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]History[/b] (Includes thoughts on experimental drugs)

Patient Character Sheet

(Photo preferably real)
Name
Age (18-102)
Disorder (What's presumably wrong?)
Personality
History (Must include reason for coming to Rosewood)
Will you ever be cured?

[float=right](Photo preferably real)[/float]
[b]Name[/b]
[b]Age[/b] (18-102)
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Sexuality[/b]
[b]Disorder[/b] (What's presumably wrong?)
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]History[/b] (Must include reason for coming to Rosewood)
[b]Will you ever be cured? [/b]
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Almondus

I'd be interested playing as either a worker there or a guest, possibly both!

I'll be keeping an eye on the tread.  Good look Carnage.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

LSWSjr

Keen to submit both a staff member and a patient in the next few days if this gains some traction.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

AmbrosiaPudding

Thank you all for your interest. I've been doing a fair bit of research and I hope to have a character sheet, of my own characters, for everyone to look at in a little while.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

I've edited my character into the first page for everyone to see!

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Rel Mayer

Diesel Heart

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

AmbrosiaPudding

I'm glad to have everyone!

Now, I don't see this getting outrageously out of hand. After all there are in a controlled environment. But, you never know, there could easily be BDSM elements, as well as NC considering orderlies, Doctors, nurses and the like.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Etherealgirl

Diesel Heart

Etherealgirl

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

AndyZ

Do you prefer sheets sent to your inbox or just posted here?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: AndyZ on October 08, 2014, 11:58:34 PM
Do you prefer sheets sent to your inbox or just posted here?

If you'd inbox them that'd be great!

When I get home I'll edit all the accept characters into the first post and I'll create an OOC.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Etherealgirl

persephone325

This looks like a more thought out, and better planned, version of a game I ran when I first joined. ^^

I'd totally be interested in joining as a patient. Maybe having a doc or nurse later on.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

AmbrosiaPudding

Just a note, as it says in the first part all patients have to come on their own free will.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AndyZ

Lux12

I'm curious though the part about experimental drugs has a me a bit concerned. There are certain things I do not like being done to my characters, so I'm undecided, albeit interested as of now.

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories