To the realm of the Fantastic! [Everyone's welcome]

Started by klamity, November 02, 2010, 12:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klamity

Hello there everyone!

I have a yearning for some good ol' fantasy style role play. Whatever you fancy, I can do my best to play opposite to you, whether you be a pirate on the high seas stealing from the Empire's war ships for the enemy, a princess in search of a noble knight, or even a knight in search of a princess. Whether you be assassin or healer, barabarian or demon hunter and anything imaginable, (trader, beggar, child, noble take your pick people!) of any race imaginable, (I draw the line somewhere, far along the way) I will do my VERY BEST to play your opposite. Or maybe you'd like to turn it a bit, and play my opposite.

There wont be a game system in place, so keep it realistic. Dont be 'god modding' or anything like that. I will take the roll of the 'Dungeon Master' what have you, unless you would like to play that roll. Im open to pre-made worlds: keep in mind I may not be familiar with them (+Dragon Age, ++ World of Warcraft). For freeform worlds, feel free to make up your own starting setting, and Ill take it and run from there.

Thanks for reading folks!

Boudicca

Hi Klamity! :D

I'd love to roleplay with you, fantasy settings are certainly my sorta thing.

How would an original world suit you? One in which we make up the rules, based on other universes that we're familiar with? I've got a hankering to play a powerful sort of female, perhaps a goddess or high-end witch/mage/druid-type, so lots of magic and the like going on there. Would that appeal to you at all? :D

klamity

Quote from: Boudicca on November 13, 2010, 12:58:46 AM
Hi Klamity! :D

I'd love to roleplay with you, fantasy settings are certainly my sorta thing.

How would an original world suit you? One in which we make up the rules, based on other universes that we're familiar with? I've got a hankering to play a powerful sort of female, perhaps a goddess or high-end witch/mage/druid-type, so lots of magic and the like going on there. Would that appeal to you at all? :D

Thats fine Boudica. But if you wanna play a goddess and we are going to play this is a 'dm' style of rp, then it may be difficult for me as you are a goddess.

Quote from: KaylaM on November 13, 2010, 06:32:48 AM
I'm also interested; I enjoy fantasy settings a lot and am very open to a variety of settigns and situations. What sort of fantasy setting were you looking at (High/low/sword-and-sorcery/etc) and what sort of characters would you be after? Humans, elves, goddesses, whatever?

Basically im fine with tossing ERTHING in and going with it. You can play whatever you want. If you want to specify a setting feel free or ill make one up.

Boudicca

Hi! :D Can you explain the 'dm' style of RP, please? I don't think I've come across it before. ^^

klamity

The 'dm' style is me reffering to the way Dungeons and Dragons is played out: with a 'DM' or 'Dungeon Master', an omnipotent type of figure that can control everyone.

With that being said Im not going to, or you, take over the other persons character. It means that I can play any character really, in addition to playing my own character. It simply means one of us would have a greater flexibility to affect the story, meaning that it makes it easier to follow a plot line instead of 'going with the flow' of events.

Boudicca

That certainly sounds interesting. :D If you've got the patience to write with someone who's new to that style, I'm certainly up for it.

Perhaps then, instead of a goddess, a druid priestess would work? She'd have some magic, but not as much power as a goddess would. ^^

klamity

Alright then Boudica, feel free to start unless you want me to. If you want me to Im going to need info about your character and such. If you start, you can basically define where we play.

Boudicca

Could you perhaps start it? :) It'll give me a better idea of how this type of roleplay works. ^^

My character is called Calliope, she's a druid priestess with basic elemental control, mostly of the earth. She's in her mid-20s, long-haired brunette (often worn in a braid) with blue eyes and a lightly tanned complexion.

Do you need to know anything more than that?:)

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: klamity on November 14, 2010, 11:50:44 AM
Alright then Boudica, feel free to start unless you want me to. If you want me to Im going to need info about your character and such. If you start, you can basically define where we play.

dont mind if I join in, do you? I only have a few places to play in, and sometimes it takes a while between posts.. already have a fantasy creature I wanna play with^^

klamity

Feel free spellbound, but like Boudica if Im starting the I need at least some basic info.

Give me a while to get a feel for something Boudica, then I will start up a thread and post a link here.

Boudicca

klamity

Hey Boudica, Sorry for taking a while to..well..NOT reply, but I was wondering if you guys are still wanting to do anything?

bend

Count me in... I'm a fan of D&D and the likes. I'd love to play a female former slave who managed to run away after killing her masters. She's very indipendent and strong-willed, but wild and stubborn.
- A&A - On & Offs -

klamity

Alright Bend, sounds good. Welcome to E by the way. Maybe you'd like to wait until you get approved and move this to an adult board? Your choice.

bend

I'll see... But it doesn't mean I can't play here too... Although I have tons of other roleplaying games going on...
- A&A - On & Offs -