New Interest Thread Template

Started by Snow Nymph, February 27, 2014, 11:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow Nymph

Current Status: Looking for RP Partners (in response to request threads only)
Please do not reply to this post, and if interested, send me a PM instead

O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335355.msg15951869#msg15951869

The Pitch

~~~Add Pitch Here~~~

We could use a system, or go freeform, whatever the GM is comfortable with, really.

Content may include but is not limited to:
Non-con: human/exotic, violence, humiliation, abuse, corruption, gangbangs, blackmail, clothing damage

Notable Points:
***Please embed images in every post***
~I play by forum posts *only*, with PM's for OOC~
~I will not use any IM service, for any reason~
~Third Person/Past-tense writing only~
~Long-term games only~

---Excessively short PMs while planning our RP is a major turn-off---
---It can't all be sex, there must always be a meaningful plot---
---Do not refer to my character as "you" in or out of the RP---

Post Length
Consider two to three solid paragraphs minimum. Longer is appreciated when you feel so inspired and I will generally attempt to match what I'm given.

Post Rate
Depending on my schedule I can be a little inconsistent in this area, so I've become just as flexible. I can sometimes keep up to a daily pace, while other times I won't be able to return to E between 6-12ish days. My ideal partner would feel comfortable, life permitting, to respond to most posts within a week, though occasional posts within two weeks is fine. Please let me know what you are anticipating in your first PM.

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures!
I absolutely require a pictures in every post! Character portraits are a must, but maps, scenery, and sexy positions are sometimes appropriate. I am happy to help find and format images as needed. GM's, Character rosters in the first post for reference are doubly appreciated. I can provide examples and possible formatting for this.

For Player portraits, both player and GM need to draw inspiration from the main character. For GM portraits, the only portraits that both should need to agree to are romance interests or other exceptions that require main character attraction. Otherwise, the world is the world, not everyone needs to appeal to the player (and agreeing on every portrait is a logistical nightmare).

Misadventures and NC content
I'm going to be insisting on NC content here - with a variety ranging from mild to more extreme. In a Misadventure, I prefer NC as a consequence to failure opposed to death and graphic violence, though other consequences like losing equipment, reputation, etc. also help to illustrate the struggle of adventuring. Sometimes our heroine will emerge from danger unscathed, and on rare occasion she may be beaten down, captured, and abused for days. The exact details of this we can discuss beforehand.

However, Misadventure or otherwise, I'm not interested in NC scenarios that conclude with the character enjoying it. In my opinion this is unrealistic, trivializes it, and can sometimes even romanticize it. NC should affect the story and the characters appropriately. Aspects of it may prove physically enjoyable in some circumstances, but it should pale in comparison to the overall emotional trauma that should come with such a dark affair.

In the case of corruption themes, a growing appetite to sexual desire is one thing, but there the character should genereally seek to experiment with consensually encounters. If for whatever reason the story ends up having a greater occurrence of NC, and should the player feel it appropriate that their character finds continued offenses less traumatic over time then that's totally reasonable.

Romance
Though not necessary here, should it come up I typically prefer FxF - but not exclusively. The occasional male character will interest me, but I'd very much prefer to discover that in-game rather than plan a FxM romance ahead of time. In general, if romance is not a major theme I feel it's best to just play normally and see where romances begin to bloom organically.

Our Heroine
For the most part, out heroine should possess the following attributes:
Motivated: someone with a strong desire to press forward and doesn't shy away after a few failures.
Attractive: someone whose appearance tends to draw the attention of those around them.
Innocent: someone who doesn't treat sex casually and in some areas may prove a bit naive.
Heroic: someone who is willing to risk themselves to save a friend, perhaps even a stranger.

World-building
To players in games I GM, I'm happy to world-build cooperatively, but I may have strong opinions on some details.
To other GMs, I'll follow your lead, and I'm happy to help as much or as little in the world-building as you like.

Non-minimalistic PM's
I mentioned this in the bullet-points but its worth repeating. Putting a lot of effort into a PM trying to build the foundation of an RP only to get a one-liner response is a serious turn-off. As is getting any response that doesn't progress the planning of the game or answer any questions I may have asked. As I see it, little engagement in planning foreshadows little engagement in RP, and reason enough to pull the plug.

Other RP Thoughts

Plot Concepts
~~~Content~~~

Interested?
Lovely! Please include the following information in a PM (need not be in a list format)~

~Role: Are you interested in player or GM roles?

~System or Freeform: Would you like to use a system or play it freeform?

~Post Rate: What do you anticipate to be your general response time?

~Plot & World-Building: Any story or setting ideas particularly grab your interest?

~Kinks: What would you like to see? Extra bonus points if you checked my on's/off's.

~Pictures: More or less confirmation we're on the same page here. If you would like help with images, let me know!

~Additional Thoughts: Any other thoughts, ideas, or requests?