Looking for an M for a 1950-1960s spy scenario

Started by RedEve, January 24, 2014, 07:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

Okay, I have tried to run this game on two previous occasions as group games.
I now believe it is better suited to - and has more chances at being successful - as a one on one game.

The basic story is such: in the early 1960s, the CIA set up an operation on Sasteban, a Caribbean island ruled by a left-wing dictatorship with ties to Moscow.
They do not want to get too deeply involved, but they do want to help the local rebels as best as they can in overthrowing the currently military dictatorship.
To this purpose, they hire a free-lancer to work together with their own operative on the ground as well as the rebel leaders.

The male player I am looking for would be assuming the role of this operative. I will not fill in too many of the details regarding his background.
His back-story should at the very least conform to this though: he is British, he is in his late 30s/ early 40s and he had a career in either intelligence or the military.
For the past five or so years he had been working as a free-lancer, mostly for western governments.

Now in terms of the game, it will be a classic sexy adventure. Our hero will meet several alluring women (played by me), as well as execute daring missions (the first of which, I can already reveal, will be to blow up a strategically important bridge).

I want this to be a game that focuses on post quality, not quantity. So I would expect one, occasionally two posts a week, but each post should be in the 800 words range.

To give you a slight pre-view of the female cast, here is a peak:

Name: Norma Van Buren
Role: CIA operative
Background: Norma is the CIA agent on the ground in Sasteban. She is one of the very few field agents working at the time and this is her first assignment. As such, she is very eager - some might say overeager - to make a good impression. She is almost as crazily committed to the cause as the rebels themselves are. She was recruited by the agency whilst in college and is a adequately skilled agent. She speaks good Spanish - the local lingo - is a fairly good shot with a pistol and thinks well on her feet. Her main weakness is her total lack of real in the field experience.

Name: Juanita Garcia Diaz
Role: El Presidente's girlfriend
Background: With very little in options for young women if they want to escape poverty, some choose to latch onto the wealthy men in power. This naturally means to face the hate and scorn of the rest of the population. Juanita has used her youthful beauty to get the attention - for now - of Marco Ramirez, the generalissimo turned presidente. Her physical attraction towards a man more than three decades older than her is limited, but the lavish life-style inside of the presidential palace as well as the never-ending supply of expensive gifts makes up for that.

Edited the post to add the map of Sasteban.
Sasteban City is the capital and the stronghold of the dictatorship. The rebel activity is strongest in the North (mainly around Puerto Villamil and Play de Oro). They have made strategic incursions near San Cristobal as well, though with little success so far. They also have a rather large hidden compound on the Eastern island.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list