Zombie Roleplay [interest check]

Started by Inkidu, February 22, 2009, 07:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

A free-form game with room for about four people. In the spirit of Left 4 Dead, but more realism. I've got some story.

Pretty stock as characters go I'm playing the Police officer, not looking for military types, unless retired like Bill, that doesn't mean old by the way.

Story:

Pavilion Military Sciences is contracted by the United States and it's European allies (Not letting the U.S. take all the blame.) They create a serum that gives soldiers increased speed, reaction, perception, and other things. Until someone died in field testing. That's when it got nasty. The person didn't stay dead. They got up and bit and killed half the squad. They were shipped back to Pavilion R&D in Hobb's Pass a metropolitan area around D.C. (Fictional). The outbreak stems from there. Now the fun part.

The "Zombies"

1. Do not rot. They will not present as zombies more like PCP wired psychos.

2. Blowing their heart out will put them down, but not kill them. The serum regenerates from anything but severe cranial trauma. So they will get up in an hour

3. Bites are not lethal. It requires a chemical release upon death to make it viable for zombification. Adrenaline can push the zombie gunk
out and thus the person is healthy again.

4. The virus mutates rapidly. It can cause different zombie creatures to appear. It rapidly evolves. So the head might no longer be the sweet spot.

It will never be waterborne or airborne.

-IT doesn't effect animals yet.

Interested? I'm not going to go profile heavy, and the party will never be more than a building apart once they join up. To help it move along. It's just free form highly descriptive use good judgment and no god-modding. Bites aren't lethal remember. Oh and some NPCs in the spirit of Dead Rising would be fun, no? :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Paladin

Heck yea. I own L4D and love it. I call Military!

Inkidu

Quote from: Paladin on February 22, 2009, 08:31:00 PM
Heck yea. I own L4D and love it. I call Military!
Veteran only. Unless your going to go weekend warrior. Because the bulk of the military comes pre-infected with a purer strain so adrenaline doesn't push it out.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Paladin

Inkidu

Quote from: Paladin on February 22, 2009, 10:10:26 PM
hmm How old of a Vet?
Desert Storm or maybe he never saw action. That's sort of why the soldier doesn't work. You could be a private merc or something I guess.

Paladin

Desert Storm works actually. Still young enough to look good, but old enough to  have been around the block.

BigBuckBob

I call Louis!

How about an average guy, business suit, works out on weekends, bored with life, and way freaked out by everything. The guy that will probably wander out into the open to flag down a helicopter, even when the older, wiser military guy tells him to stay put.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Inkidu

In the spirit of not making this a L4D total ripoff would you be happy playing a doctor? Still business-like, or a repairman or something.

BigBuckBob

I guess I had the aim backwards. Sure, I'll go with repairman.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Inkidu

Quote from: Buchanen on February 23, 2009, 12:39:21 PM
I guess I had the aim backwards. Sure, I'll go with repairman.
Well I mean it's in the spirit. Lone group of survivors making there way through a city various campaign-like scenarios. It's more like Resident Evil, with a Dead Rising style of humor (When applicable) and slapped with the L4D label.

Looking for a couple of people willing to play female characters.

Destiny Ascension

Hmmm...I'm tempted, I really like zombie scenarios, but the described zombies aren't really zombies.

What kind of game is this? Is it story driven or is it start and go, story parts come with it?
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Inkidu

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on February 23, 2009, 04:38:24 PM
Hmmm...I'm tempted, I really like zombie scenarios, but the described zombies aren't really zombies.

What kind of game is this? Is it story driven or is it start and go, story parts come with it?
Zombies are zombies because they represent the mob in it's purest, most unstoppable form. They're like the ganados from RE 4 or whatever the hell is in RE 5. Even the zombies in L4D don't even bite. Not a dang one.

There is a general story but it's very influence heavy.

Destiny Ascension

Quote from: Inkidu on February 23, 2009, 04:55:06 PM
Zombies are zombies because they represent the mob in it's purest, most unstoppable form. They're like the ganados from RE 4 or whatever the hell is in RE 5. Even the zombies in L4D don't even bite. Not a dang one.

There is a general story but it's very influence heavy.

Well, ganados from RE4 aren't zombies though, they are just under some kind of mind control and the same with the ones in RE5 I suspect, they aren't really zombies. I consider zombies dead then undead, as opposed to infected by some parasite or something.

None the less, I guess I'm interested enough to sign up.

Med student anyone? :P
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Cuffs

I'm very much interested in playing, and I'd be willing to play a female, despite my man-ness, if there's still room for one more.  I could play a tattooed punk chick, a typical housewife, or anything else you had in mind...
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

Inkidu

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on February 24, 2009, 12:04:55 AM
Well, ganados from RE4 aren't zombies though, they are just under some kind of mind control and the same with the ones in RE5 I suspect, they aren't really zombies. I consider zombies dead then undead, as opposed to infected by some parasite or something.

None the less, I guess I'm interested enough to sign up.

Med student anyone? :P
Sure.

amazonmarie34

hi all!

Looks like you've got your pack - but just in case somebody drops out...I'm interested.  I could play either a female cop (some weapon/fighting experience, but not a lot of real action) or a soccer mom with a mean baseball bat?

Inkidu

Quote from: amazonmarie34 on February 24, 2009, 09:56:40 AM
hi all!

Looks like you've got your pack - but just in case somebody drops out...I'm interested.  I could play either a female cop (some weapon/fighting experience, but not a lot of real action) or a soccer mom with a mean baseball bat?

I could take you on. I need a reporter type anyways. If you want to, course

Cuffs

I guess that means I'm out, and you've reached your 4 person cap.  *Tip of the hat*  Farewell, then.
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

Ixy

Don't know what it is about zombie scenarios lately, but they seem to be very appealing :)

I'm not sure who's in, who's out, etc. at this point, but I would like to at least express interest if there's any way I could fit in.  I can provide a character concept, and would like to get a feel for the writing style you'll be looking for from the players.

On a sidenote-- I'm not terribly familiar with Left for Dead, but from what I've seen it's fairly combat-intensive.  I can dig it-- but I will definitely look more for backstory, personal horror, and tension.

Any chance?  I'll IM a quick character sketch.  Thanks!

Inkidu

Guys I'm sure each of you have your hopes set on this so PM me some character descriptions and backgrounds, though after Ixy I'm not accepting anymore people unless one of the former drops the role play. That means Adan can come back if he wants and play a dude, again if he wants. I didn't realize getting this down would be so hard but it allows for some two party work I've always wanted to do. So I'm also thinking about appointing a co-captain or even a GM if he or she can teach me a system.

Inkidu

Just a question:

How many people would quit if I had to make it system?

BigBuckBob

As long as you don't randomly bring out a crazy complex system that involves square roots and pi sided dice, I'm game.

And now I want to make a system that does that.
No I don't, that hurt.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Buchanen on February 24, 2009, 11:18:06 PM
As long as you don't randomly bring out a crazy complex system that involves square roots and pi sided dice, I'm game.

And now I want to make a system that does that.

Hybrid.  Web published game.  Don't do it. 

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Inkidu

Inkidu

I'm waiting for some character descriptions