DEA Seizes 2000 AD Comic Con Stock

Started by Callie Del Noire, July 26, 2010, 09:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Why?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/07/22/dea-seizes-2000ad-san-diego-stock/

QuoteMaybe the Thrill Power was just too much for USA law enforcement officers to take in.

But without explanation, the Drug Enforcement Administration has seized and held all of the UK stock that 2000AD/Rebellion had flown over for Comic Con.

They were hoping to have Judge Dredd Megazine 30o for the show – and are still hoping that things will be resolved – but as now, they only have their line of graphic novels for the US market.

Mind you, have you ever tried smoking a copy of the Megazine? All those printing fumes? Maybe someone has a point…

HairyHeretic

I can't wait to hear the reason behind this one.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Scribbles

Too addictive. E's next, I hear.  :P
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Oniya

From the comments at 'Bleeding Cool'

QuoteDid the DEA agent, as they were seizing the magazines, say, "I AM THE LAW" ?

Anyone else find it funny that a comic book about an oppressive police state that has outlawed even caffeine got seized by the DEA?

Although, the comics were apparently released later.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17