Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure: Interest Check (Closed-See recruitment thread.)

Started by Prosak, November 27, 2017, 04:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosak

Quote from: Andol on November 30, 2017, 05:23:56 PM
Oh he would probably be better as an antagonist to ally. Charles is easily the type to fall under the good guy going about things in the wrong way trope if need be. So if that would make for an interesting start the story line I am game... sort of like in Diamonds are Unbreakable having a lot of this. Plus Charles could then afterward be useful to the heroes for patching them up, in a real medical sense I guess...

I was just using Johnny as an example. Basically he can't move his legs and needs a wheel chair. Difference is he uses his stand to make him mobile while Johnny used the Spin I think. I am not far enough along in Steel Ball to get that part well enough. Of course using it to do this cost him, so yeah, but he has prepared. Put that wheel chair to work in a sense for over the top Jojo James Bond style storage moments. XD... Nothing major, fun stuff all around. 

Oh and I have edited it now...

Ok! sounds good lol. Being a medic is handy, though The Wave would have the ability to heal others. To a degree.

Oh, I see. Makes sense.

And I can see that, cool beans. Well then I do accept Charles and Unforgiving. However, I was wondering if you can describe to me how it travels through shadow a little bit more. Is it moving quickly through other peoples shadows? Or teleportation through other peoples shadows? Not to make things difficult for you, just after reading it again I want to make sure I understand exactly what you were going for.

Gateman: Thanks, lol. I will have to check it out. ^^

Andol

What do you mean by that question Prosak? How what travels through the shadows? I have to admit that questions sounds confusing... could you give me a bit of context. Like if you mean with the whole tentacle thing, I guess it would be kind of how Black Sabbath does it in a sense. Like a submarine I suppose is a good way to look at it, in one and out the other as long as it is done within the rules of the stands power. 

Prosak

Sorry did not mean to confuse you: I was just mainly asking you to elaborate a bit on this "It also has the power for one of its tentacles on its back to dive into its users shadow and out of another person’s shadow, but only under the condition that its user has touched the other person directly and its user shadow has had contact with the other persons shadow as well." Is the tentacle teleportation to the other shadow or moving between/through the shadows?

Gateman

sounds kinda like a wormhole type deal to me; tentacle goes in shadow A, dives through subspace, and emerge through shadow B once a connection has been established.

Andol

Uhhhh well... you see... hmmm... Trying to think of a way to put that. Really the best way I can describe it is the tentacle in question striking down like a whip into Charles shadow, and coming up from the shadow of whomever he has fulfilled the conditions on to attack them. Kind of giving him a way to attack an enemy where he can be ambiguous about it being him. I mean he is used to being bumped into by people, and such an action would probably bring shadows into contact for a moment. Now that I think of it... kind of gives off a Shear Heart Attack vibe if used right.

Sort of like that Gateman, but it wouldn't be a method that the pair could use for such travel.

Oh and speaking of weak stands... you mean like Survivor much Prosak... XD

Also throwing this out there... If you like the idea Prosak... I was thinking our Jojo needs to be another female Jojo... because lord knows Jolyne was one of a kind in that metro-sasuge fest. XD

Gateman

Right, right. I figured that that was a given, since my power does the whole travel through shadows shtick.

Prosak

Oh! Ok, that actually makes a lot of sense. Basically, Charles shadow is the entry point and the targets shadow is the exit. Like a Wormhole. Lol, oh dang Survivor. ^^ The literal example of a weak stand turning out to be truly powerful since Dio described Survivor as the weakest stand he had ever seen haha.

And now, here is the city I thought up. The fictional Paradaisu City: The Yaeyama Islands are an archipelago in the southwest of Okinawa Prefecture, Japan, and cover 591.46 square kilometres. The islands are located southwest of the Miyako Islands, part of the Ryukyu Islands archipelago. For this universe It's series of islands are treated like a resort for tourists and is a series of vacation hot spot's. In this universe, there is one extra island within the Yaeyama archipelago. This island is called Bara Island (Roses Island.) And on this island sit's Paradaisu City. (Paradise City.)Instead of the city of Ishigaki, Paradeisu serves as the political, cultural, and economic head of the Yaeyama Islands. A large city with a great economic upturn due to it's popularity as the hottest place to visit for any vacationer to Japan. It is mainly a Japanese city but it is also a city filled with foreign culture and is often times referred to as the Los Angeles of Japan. It is a beautiful gem, however it is tarnished form the inside. While it looks pretty, it is a hard and un-affordable place to live for the rural locals. And because it's city and prefecture's government is constantly controlled and bought out not much changes for the better. The real people in control here are company after company full of corporate fat cat's with global expansionist agendas. Buying out land and property from families that lived in the area for generations. And they take this land by practical force if necessary. In order to expand businesses and corporate gains.

Edit: Feel free to tell me thoughts

Lux12

I wish to get in on this. I need to pick out which random stand concept I've had rattling around in my head to use.

Prosak

pdragon

I think the best "under powered" stand hands down is Vitamin C from part 8. It has a really short range and all it does is make things soft...it's the most terrifying stand I've ever seen.

Also for those looking to find pictures for their stands: Yugioh. I kid you not the number of yugioh designs that apply perfectly for stands is uncanny. The kind of weird "turn everything robotic/humanoid" design philosophy that konami takes meshes up really well with Araki's aesthetic.

And I think the location is good. Also I know you said you'd be providing the enemy npcs, but what would you think of letting people pitch minor villain stand users? Kind of like the "monster of the week" encounters that fill out between major villains.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Prosak

For the most part yes I did plan on npcing a lot of the villians, but I am not at all opposed to enemy stand users being made/played by players. :) . Just do try to be fair when playing them against other players, ya know? My rule of thumb is keeping pm contact in pvp scenarios. It in fact would give me a bit of a breather to have enemy stands sometimes played by interested players.

Gateman

I'm always down to ply a throwaway villain

Prosak

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279027.msg13718764#msg13718764   < This link will take you to the official recruitment thread. And this following link to the Accepted Characters page, please put your accepted characters in the thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279026.msg13718762#msg13718762