Advertisting "Multi Platform" RPGs

Started by Daril, February 06, 2017, 03:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daril

The GM of one of the RPGs I'm interested in joining has offered to host both play by post games on Elliquiy and off forum Roll20 games set in a common setting.  Currently he is advertising the game in the off forum role plays subforum due to the Roll20 aspect.  As someone who is more interested in participating in a play by post game on Elliquiy itself, I'd like to see the game advertised in one of the subforums where such games are normally advertised (I know I don't normally look in off forum roleplay requests).  Would it be acceptable for the game to have a second recruitment thread to account for the GM offering to host play by post games on Elliquiy as well as off forum games via Roll20?

Oniya

Yes, he could absolutely list it in both places.  He could even make a link in each one to the other one in case someone (like yourself) happens to see it in the 'wrong' section before they see it in their preferred section.

Example:  'If you prefer a play-by-post format, see my interest check (url=link to pbp interest thread)here.(/url)'  (and vice versa for the Roll20 thread)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17