News:

Main Menu

Guilty Pleasures...

Started by Inkidu, September 26, 2008, 08:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

You know those video games you wouldn't want anyone seeing you play. One rule it cannot be an Adult Only game or the equivalent.

Harvest Moon.

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Greenthorn

*looks left...looks right...*

Shining Force...beat it so many times, yet I keep playing it...even bought it for my Wii...*sighs*

Lilias

All sorts of Mahjong (or any alternative spelling) tile games. Especially Fortuna II. I bounce about like a six-year-old with each new level unlocked. Yes, I'm a complete geek with no life. Bite me.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Inkidu

Quote from: Lilias on September 26, 2008, 09:01:10 AM
All sorts of Mahjong (or any alternative spelling) tile games. Especially Fortuna II. I bounce about like a six-year-old with each new level unlocked. Yes, I'm a complete geek with no life. Bite me.
*Chomp* Lilias tastes like chicken! ^~^
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lilias

Quote from: Inkidu on September 26, 2008, 09:11:16 AM
*Chomp* Lilias tastes like chicken! ^~^
The other white meat! 8) *kronshe*
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Lady Annabelle

*REALLY, REALLY needs to get the two Shining Force games for her Genesis.*  I heard those games are great...

I'm a bit embarrassed that I really enjoyed Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure.  That was fun, witty, clever and insanely girlie.  Also, I played a lot out of Final Fantasy X-2 and I thought it was a good game.  Not the deepest story in the world, but the battle system was incredibly fun and I liked all the sidequests.

If you like a game, you really shouldn't feel ashamed about it.  Don't let other people dictate what game you should like.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Inkidu

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on September 26, 2008, 10:48:43 AM
If you like a game, you really shouldn't feel ashamed about it.  Don't let other people dictate what game you should like.
Sadly it's not a perfect world. It doesn't mean you shouldn't like it. It just means you don't want your friends to know. Come on I play Harvest Moon! Not exactly Halo 3 there now is it. I play that too though.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on September 26, 2008, 10:48:43 AM
*REALLY, REALLY needs to get the two Shining Force games for her Genesis.*  I heard those games are great...

I'm a bit embarrassed that I really enjoyed Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure.  That was fun, witty, clever and insanely girlie.  Also, I played a lot out of Final Fantasy X-2 and I thought it was a good game.  Not the deepest story in the world, but the battle system was incredibly fun and I liked all the sidequests.

Part two isn't great...I didn't like it actually.

Cherri Tart

FF X-2 is the best! really, all those cute costumes and such! normally i'm not big on those kind of games, but i played that one twice just to open up all the different changes of clothes *blushes*
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Inkidu

Quote from: Cherri Tart on September 26, 2008, 02:00:29 PM
FF X-2 is the best! really, all those cute costumes and such! normally i'm not big on those kind of games, but i played that one twice just to open up all the different changes of clothes *blushes*
*Fights off the urge to go into why it's name is Final Fantasy, despite the historical prospective.* It was geared toward the female audience.

Will

The first Final Fantasy was so named because the company that produced it was going bankrupt, and that was supposed to be their last game.  Fortunately for them, it ROCKED!!!  And it was hard...hardest FF ever, I think.

I would say my guiltiest pleasure would be...pokemon.  I hate myself now...:(  I played them on an emulator though, so I could save states.  It makes catching them a lot easier, and fighting too.  That's right, I'm a cheater!!!  So what?!
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Inkidu

Quote from: Will1984 on September 26, 2008, 02:27:09 PM
The first Final Fantasy was so named because the company that produced it was going bankrupt, and that was supposed to be their last game.  Fortunately for them, it ROCKED!!!  And it was hard...hardest FF ever, I think.

I would say my guiltiest pleasure would be...pokemon.  I hate myself now...:(  I played them on an emulator though, so I could save states.  It makes catching them a lot easier, and fighting too.  That's right, I'm a cheater!!!  So what?!
That's the obvious historical prospective angle.

King_Furby

Rumble Fighter. I like the game, but i admit it's dorky.

Oniya

I adored Spyro and Ripto's Rage, and add me to the list of the people who enjoy Shining Force.  I play it while waiting for my little one to come off the school bus, since that's any time between 4:15 and 4:40.

I love old school games, and I'm a little annoyed that even the discount/trade stores around here stopped carrying PS1 games.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Greenthorn

*whispers*

Sonic the Hedgehog too *sighs*

Oh and every damn Mario game.

::)

Rozalia

Hey I love the anger that Harvest Moon can bestow upon me.  I would have to say out of my entire collection the most guiltiest pleasure I still enjoy this day is Virtua Tennis for my Dreamcast.  The fact that you can unlock Tesla is just too much fun!

Caehlim

It's not something I keep from my friends since we all share the same guilty pleasure but playing morrowind or oblivion, ignoring the main story arc and working solely to collect awesome outfits. You watch us play one of these games and someone will suddenly cheer "Yes, I finally found a set of gloves that matches my shirt!"

We've downloaded so many extra clothing packs for those games.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Caity

Only other computer game I play is the Sims II, and that's been months.

I also play on a Harry Potter rpg.  :p 

But I'm not ashamed of either of them.

Inkidu

Quote from: Caity on September 28, 2008, 09:01:01 PM
Only other computer game I play is the Sims II, and that's been months.

I also play on a Harry Potter rpg.  :p 

But I'm not ashamed of either of them.
Well then you're not supposed to post them.
Just Kidding ^~^

Caity

Nyah.

*sticks tongue out at you*

Inkidu

Quote from: Caity on September 28, 2008, 09:03:22 PM
Nyah.

*sticks tongue out at you*
Feel shame darn you! Feel it!  :-X

Caity

Inkidu

Quote from: Caity on September 28, 2008, 09:15:40 PM
*dies*

(of shame, of course)
Gah! Don't feel that much!  :'( *Cpr Cpr*

Caity

Whew!

That was a close one.  :p

Inkidu

Quote from: Caity on September 28, 2008, 09:24:20 PM
Whew!

That was a close one.  :p
And I got to partake in the medical version of making out! ;D