Calling all Heroes and Heroines!

Started by Sabby, May 23, 2008, 06:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Looking to build a party of Super Heroes and Heroines for a freeform, GMed game. Create your own and do battle in an epic campaign that will involve a lot of interesting fights and unpredictable destruction.

The style of GMing used is perfect for a game with no ruleset. You simply write your action, and me, the GM, will step in to write what becomes of it. Try throwing your Hero-Centric Projectile Weapon at an enemies head, its the GM's call whether or not it hits and kills it, hits and puts them on their back but leaves them alive, hits and makes them discharge their gun, blowing part of a building away and causing it to topple, or misses entirely.

The story is as follows (includes standard corniness and a small degree of rip-off material)

A great factory was built in space long before man walked the Earth, by an intelligent race that is now long dead. Built around a star, trapped forever in a state between exploding and fading away, it has unlimited energy, and will produce limitless armies for whoever controls it. For someone to take claim of it is to start a clock to universal dominance.

The race that built it had fought to extinction over its control, and it was decided by their enemy that the factory be shut down. They took apart its Core, breaking it into four hundred pieces, and scattered it into space.

Now, the factory has come alive again, activated by the dying hand of a lone member of its creator race, kept in storage for millions of years. Now awake, but powerless, the Keeper, a VI, is quietly assembling the villians of the universe to gather the four hundred pieces and restore the factory to power.

All but ten have been found. And they have been tracked to Earth.

Spider

Theme of game? (apart from large scale destruction?)

Adult/sexual content?

Powerlevel of characters? Scale from batman to superman(or insert stronger hero here)

Sabby

There can definitely be sexual content if theres a need :) I'm not barring it, but it won't be Tentacle Monsters and Orgasmo-Rays. It will probably be a 4 to 6 man/woman team so they can be fairly powerful. Think along the lines of Wolverine and Spidey level. Awesome, but can be put on their back if not careful.

It will mostly involve a hasty gathering and organizing of a Hero HQ to track the movements of the enemy and intercept them to prevent them getting the Core Shards, so it can go world wide.

RubySlippers

I think I can resurrect my favorite superhero ,yes I do male ones now and then, the mighty hero, BAMPH!!!

He can Teleport (hence the name since in the comics teleporting has BAMPH by them) and natural body armor, claws, natural life support (he can survive in space naturally) and web shooters invented by the mighty teammate The Brain- The Smartest Human Alive of the legendary team The Inhumanoids. They fought off alien invasions before and he was sucked at the end of the last campaign in 1997 into a singularity. So he could pop into your universe. Well he destroyed a alien superweapon the Megaplasma Cannon and well I was moving so he went out saving the planet but didn't exactly die just disappeared.

Villians and Vigilantes is a fun game I randomly rolled his powers save the web shooters which was invented later.

Vandren

Could definitely be interested here.  Generally I favor the "normal" super--tech and/or martial art based (ala Batman, Iron Man, etc) or stealth focused--but it sounds like either could be worked in easily.  I'll consider it more fully, for when I get back (June 7th, EDT).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Arlyn

I think I'd be interested in this one... I haven't RP'd a hero character since I once owned that palladium game for such a setting.  Heroes Unlimited, I think it was?  Anyway, this could certainly be very fun.

GrinningHound

This sounds fun.  I love superheroes, and less dice and rules is always a go (though I do enjoy system games like D&D and M&M)

Sabbat, when you say power level from Batman to Superman.....you do know that Batman is a top tier hero, and beats Superman nearly every time they fight. :P

I'm just being picky.

I don't have an idea right now, but I usually like metamorphosis types (HULK) or human type 'freaks', like cyborgs.

The plot sounds like Knights of the Old Republic, and the Star Forge....

Sabby

I wasn't the one that said that :P Ananasi did. And yes, I needed a reason to have important objects scattered about that every villian anywhere wanted, and the Star Forge's Core just felt right.

Ezekiel

Definatly, going to get in to this one, Gonna ressurect my Mastermind from CoV, "Work Force" :P

Aillairina

I'd absolutely love to get in on this. Have to dust off my old Soviet CoV character that I absolutely loved. Not really a hero, but she doesn't have to be a villain either. Especially if Mother Russia is threatened :p
Ons and Offs!
"Stop exploding you cowards!" -Zap Brannigan
"The fact that you have sent him here just goes to prove that you are the leading asshole in the state!" -Harriet Van Johnson

GrinningHound

I like the idea of playing a villain, a mastermind type who always has crazy plans to control the world and stuff, but he hates this factory, and everything it stands for.

It isn't human power, he will not let it have anything to do with Earth, with what he considers his project, his planet to conquer.  The factory's power insults his power, his plans, and he wants to destroy it so that only his might will have an influence on the planet.

This, of course, forces him to work with the heroes, possibly against other villains, but that will provide interesting roleplay and character development. ;D

Ezekiel

Quote from: Aillairina on May 25, 2008, 01:15:19 AM
I'd absolutely love to get in on this. Have to dust off my old Soviet CoV character that I absolutely loved. Not really a hero, but she doesn't have to be a villain either. Especially if Mother Russia is threatened :p

... <3 I got a Commie Hero too :3

Sabby

Grinny, I absolutely LOVE that idea :)

Ok, theres enough interest it seems, so I'll restrict it to a 6 Hero(ine) team. The way it will play is each player will have an introductory thread, where they roleplay how they become involved against the GM controlled world. Typically, someone approaches them with a contactor and tells them of the situation and that their skills are needed, and around the same time, the area is attacked by search parties.

So even a hardass that wants nothing to do with the whole thing may see his run down city he calls home attacked, and the thread will follow them saving it and then answering the call to join up with the others.

After all 6 are done (they will be running simultaneously) the real game will start. There will be no players to oppose you, just me as the GM controlling all enemies and developments. This way, it will handle much more like a focused video game campaign.

Now, some of you are fairly new, with low post counts. This is a group game so I'll need some assurance from everyone that I don't already know is reliable. Get working on your characters, and if everyone has a good one and can prove I won't regret signing you up, I may just take you all :)

And I'll be posting an OOC thread so you can all exchange ideas and balance your team, so if everyone is working on Hulk/The Thing type Heroes, we'll know before hand and can try and balance it out.

Sabby

GrinningHound

Don't get me started on the Hulk.  He is very complex, and is much more than a smashing machine.

Besides, he totally outclasses the Thing.  Not even close. ;D

Sorry, I'm a dork, and the Hulk is my absolute favorite superhero/villain/force of destruction.

mcontroller

How do you feel about:

1) Planet Hulk

2) World War Hulk and

3) Red Hulk?  Just curious.

Sabby

Ok, a few spots have been taken, but we need someone to take up a particular role. If anyone is interested, go to the OOC thread linked in this topic and let us know.

Basically, all we need from this character is an aggressive, forward nature, preferably female, with a teleporting ability much like Night Crawler, and retractable blade somewhere on the arms, like a curved blade that can extend from the top of the wrist.

Elohim

Hmmm, that's pretty specific Sabbie...  if I could have a bit more lee way in making the character "Mine."  I might be intersted...

Sabby

Well, all we really need to keep is the teleporting ability... so aside that, go nuts I guess :)

Elohim

actually it looks like ruby has your teleportation skill down,  so you sure you even need another PC? 

Sabby