Blood on the Clocktower - A Social Deduction Game of Lies and Fuckery

Started by Praxis, October 02, 2023, 11:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ket

*smooths out the wrinkle lines at her temples and sighs*

I am not wearing anyone else's face!

*footstomps*

Now, please turn in your paperwork. In triplicate.

And join and play with us and stuff!
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Random

Quote from: Praxis on February 21, 2024, 02:49:53 PMWelcome to Season 6 Recruitment!

We are looking for 3 or 4 players!

I'm not gonna try to explain this too much.  IF you're interested, check out the first five or so posts in this thread.  I'm deliberately making you work for this a little just to prove that you're going to engage with the group when you join.  <3

Now a little bit about our current Season 6 confirmed players.

We have an undefeated player (@Random) with a sordid history of lying, deception, lies, manipulating, lying, tom-foolery, jiggery-pokery, argle-bargle,  gaslighting and being very charming and likeable even when she's killing you or your neighbors.  Possibly especially when she's killing you and/or your neighbors.  Oh yeah...sometimes she's on the good team but mostly...she's just evil.  No one can stop her victorious rampage.  Can you do it?  Please?  Seriously please help stop her.

We have our previously undefeated player (@Hatless) who was knocked off her pedestal by Random.  Hatless has an axe to grind and a grudge to bear.  Not the kind of bear you're thinking of.  A different kind of bear.

...anyway! 

Hatless is what you get when Clarice Starling from The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs have a terrifyingly smart baby and then that baby becomes a Warhammer 40K Imperial Inquisitor who then interrogates all of the other Imperial Inquisitors who eventually die from fright and stress over having been her adversary.  She's a problem.  Pray you and she are on the same team.  Seriously.  Find God...or Goddess...or all knowing A.I. and then pray to be on her team.  Then join this game.  Really...seriously.

Oh...and she's "hatless" because her brain is so big, she can't wear normal hats.  Her original username was "IWearBathtubsForHats" but for whatever reason...no one would write with her.

Every game has to have one! A handsome, sexy, magnificent bastard. ( @Remiel )  If you swapped out web-swinging with telling lies with the truth. Then swap out patriotism with telling the truth with lies, Remiel is basically Spider-Man and Captain America...simultaneous like.  When he's got his hand in your pocket, sometimes he's leaving you a delicious cupcake.  Sometimes he's leaving you a delicious hand grenade and sometimes he's just got his hand in your pocket because he's being friendly.  He's a fucking problem...watch out for him.  Like...he's actually a problem.

We also got ourselves the sweet, smart, bookish sort!  ( @Ket  )  You might think, "Oh man...she's sweet and smart and funny and seemingly bookish!  I'm going to trust her completely!"    Yeah...probably don't do that.  She's never even been on the evil team yet and still we're all afraid of her.  It's not a zero percent chance that she killed someone who is sweet, smart and bookish and is simply wearing their face.  Seriously...it's possible.

And last but not least is our game-breaking enigma. ( @c0i9z  )  c0 might be quiet.  So is the dingo that's about to steal your baby from your tent.  So is the ninja swapping out the lid on your double-shot latte with a poison shuriken...you dumb idiot!  c0 will poke up their head turn the whole fuckin' game upside down...regularly.  They are often an inflection point in every game and it wouldn't surprise anyone at all if it was reported that c0 is actually just a world-annihilating, dream-crushing, soul-devouring artificial intelligence.

AND @Caela !!  I need to write her blurb...which is coming!  I blame her for not telling me two weeks ago that she was playing in Season 6 and I'm NOT blaming myself for being an incompetent, disorganized GM...  (GM = Great Man)

But they are all SO nice!

Seriously.  For really reals.

They are always ready to help out, answer questions you might have outside of the game and give enthusiastic high-fives (mostly Random) in game and out of game.

They are without a doubt some of the finest people I've had the good fortune to meet on E.

This is a fun, nuanced, challenging game that will reward you, the more you put into it.

You don't even know how much you deserve to play this game...but you do.  You deserve it!

WHY DON'T YOU WANT WHAT YOU DESERVE!!???!?!?!
Post here, or shoot any of us a PM if you have questions.

...because it's too good to be lost on the previous page.

JOIN US.

Envious

Praxis

FyreFoxx

Current Status: CLOSED
 Den of Iniquity (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Scrolls and Shinies (Story Cafe) Inactive

Praxis

Quote from: FyreFoxx on February 23, 2024, 12:09:12 PMExcuse me?! Don't forget mine!

I'm gonna blurb you too!

I'm going to blurb Caela, Envious and Fyrefoxx all together!

I suspect I'll need some energy drinks...

Envious

I'm positive you can handle us. If not, we can certainly handle each other.

*wink wink wink*

Random

We only need one more person to kick off season six of Blood on the Clocktower.

ONE MORE PERSON.

Could that person be you?

Of course!

Blood on the Clocktower will provide all the opportunity for lying and fuckery your black heart desires! Reach out to any one of us for answers to any questions you may have, or to say, "You son of a bitch, I'm in!"

JOIN US.

Rainwood

I'm down for this. Never played anything exactly like it before (except Ten Candles, if that's remotely in the same ballpark?) but it looks like a ton of fun.

Random

RAINWOOD! Yay! I’m going to @ you in the OOC thread, come over and say hi!

Praxis

Quote from: Rainwood on March 07, 2024, 12:56:15 AMI'm down for this. Never played anything exactly like it before (except Ten Candles, if that's remotely in the same ballpark?) but it looks like a ton of fun.

\o/

Amazing!

Info is enroute.

Kara Danvers

Damn, this is already full isn't it? I messaged Praxis on discord, but I got caught up with RL. 
~ʜᴏᴘᴇ, ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ~
 ~ᴋᴀʀᴀ ᴅᴀɴᴠᴇʀꜱ~

Random

Random

Quote from: Remiel on March 07, 2024, 04:55:34 PMMobilize the TAC teams.  We got a live one!

*speaks into an imaginary walkie-talkie*

TAC team mobilize, repeat, TAC team mobilize. Over!

Praxis

Quote from: Kara Danvers on March 07, 2024, 04:14:47 PMDamn, this is already full isn't it? I messaged Praxis on discord, but I got caught up with RL.

You're in @Kara Danvers !

I've got you.

I'll send you a bunch of info as early as tonight...no later than tomorrow morning.  :D

Check out our OOC and jump in and say hello.

Don't show fear or doubt.  They can smell that and it makes them want to bite.

Praxis

Quote from: Random on March 07, 2024, 04:57:53 PM*speaks into an imaginary walkie-talkie*

TAC team mobilize, repeat, TAC team mobilize. Over!

Target acquired and secured.

Morality realignment will commence in variable window of 2 to 12 hours.

Marumor

I'd be interested in giving this a try if y'all have room in the future. It sounds fun! :)

Remiel

Hey Marumor!  We just started a game, but here's the game thread if you'd like to spectate!

Don't fret, though!  Games tend to run only a few weeks, so I'm sure that the next one will start soon enough if you're patient!  And in the meantime, watching a game in progress is a good way to get a feel for how Blood on the Clocktower works.

Marumor

Random

Hey @Marumor ! Here's a link to the Blood on the Clocktower Wiki with loads of information. There's also some great videos out there that show you how the game works, like this one!

Looking forward to adding you to the mix!

Marumor

BlueOrange

I got so excited I posted this to the game thread by mistake! (Apologies for any ghost notifications it may have caused during the 30 seconds it was up.)

I’d like to play when that becomes an option, I’ve played before in person and on Discord, and the game thread shows clearly that fun is being had!

On a related note: Are you allowing Traveller characters?

Remiel

Hiya, BlueOrange!  We're currently on Day Two, but we'd definitely love to have you in our next game!