Hemingway's Barbarian Thread [ M/F, F/F, MUL ]

Started by Hemingway, November 07, 2012, 08:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

I very much enjoy barbarian-themed games, in the vein of ( but not necessarily using the setting of ) Conan the Barbarian. You know the type: A world reminiscent of our own ancient history, around the time of the Roman Empire. It can be either a version of our own world, taking place in a lost time period of which there is no historical record ( as is the case with the Hyborian Age of Conan ), or an entirely fictional fantasy world. The essential thing is that it's a world of barbarians, empires, mystical secrets and hints of magic.

The Barbarian and the Land on the Riverbank: The barbarian in this case is a traveler who finds himself in a kingdom resembling Egypt, or more a more generic Nubian one. The other character would be a powerful local woman, most likely a sorceress or a Queen. In either case, there are several ways the story can unfold. My two main ideas ( though I am open to other suggestions ) would involve either the barbarian being captured and enslaved by the woman, and having to free himself, and turn the tables on her. Or she may contact him, being an outsider, to perform some task for her. Once the task is done, he returns to her for a reward, but is cheated, and has to flee. He returns later, at night, but instead of it turning into some sort of brutal revenge plot, a strange, secret romance develops between the two.

If anything in this thread interests or inspires you, send me a PM, and we can work out the details. I expect I shall be adding ideas as they occur to me.