News:

Main Menu

All of my rage

Started by Bioluminescent, February 12, 2012, 01:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bioluminescent

Anyone else ever accidentally refresh a page they were using to make a post to an RP? Just lost about an hours worth of typing. I am slightly frustrated. From now on I'm typing in MS Word and copy/pasting to E.

All of my rage.
Nanotechnology transcending biology, this is how the race is won. By my hands, the sons of man. Understand, execute the plan.
Speed up the accelerating returns, cause carbon doesn't work. I want to evolve and operate at terahertz. So bring on the knee of the curve and let's transcend biology.

Kye

That's happened to me more than once.  According to what internet browser you use I'd suggest looking into the Lazarus add-on.  It keeps a log of what you type so that if something like that happens you can retrieve it. 

Bioluminescent

Thanks, I just grabbed it. Can't help me now, but I'm sure I'll slip up eventually and it'll have my back next time. =P
Nanotechnology transcending biology, this is how the race is won. By my hands, the sons of man. Understand, execute the plan.
Speed up the accelerating returns, cause carbon doesn't work. I want to evolve and operate at terahertz. So bring on the knee of the curve and let's transcend biology.

Secretwriter

I have long been writing in Word then copying over, well before coming to E. It started for that very reason, and for the fact that I have dial up and the slowness has, in the past, cut long posts in half. Word is my best writing companion lol

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

DudelRok

Quote from: Bioluminescent on February 12, 2012, 01:26:48 PM
Anyone else ever accidentally refresh a page they were using to make a post to an RP? Just lost about an hours worth of typing. I am slightly frustrated. From now on I'm typing in MS Word and copy/pasting to E.

All of my rage.

You do that enough times and you'll start keeping it on your clipboard (copy) or dumping it in word first.

We've all been there, man. We've all been there. :(

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Mister Grimm

Ugh. That is the worst. When that happened to me in the past, I would just lose all my muse for the day. Especially when it was a lengthy post. Smaller post I'm fine with losing, but when you type up something that is paragraphs long and then *poof* it's gone, it just feels like you lose a small part of your soul.
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

Iniquitous

+1 to MS Word. I've been typing up posts in that and then ccp them for years now though my reason for starting there is my obsessive need to have grammar and spelling as close to perfect as I can get it.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Garou

I know the feeling  ;D That's why I always make big posts in Word first.  It happened me one time, but it will not happen again

ChocoMuffin

Oh I hate when that happens! Absolutely HATE it! Especially after you've gone over it for spelling mistakes and such...it really does suck...MS Word or Notepad is what I usually use.