Airships and Antiquities: OOC Thread

Started by Trieste, October 18, 2012, 11:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

They say that the  Ida Leigh is cursed. She's been sailing the skies for nearly a hundred years now, and she's been found more than once adrift amongst the clouds. A ghost ship with neither crew nor cargo to be found. Sailors talk amongst themselves, of course, and the legend has it that the ship started out as a pirate ship. She might not be much to look at and she may not be the fastest bird in the sky, no, but she's got some armorsides that can take a beating and carry enough firepower to bring down the Queen's entire Armada, she does. So she flew the skies as a pirate ship, she did, and made a fine living. The Captain of the ship, her name's been lost to the years, but she was a mean old witch of a woman. She took more than her fair cut, saying it was her right and her responsibility as the leader. Well, that didn't sit too well with her crew. They formed a round robin and sore to throw her overboard the next chance they got. The chance came, and the mutineers threw her over like they meant to.

It wasn't long after that a stench followed the ship. It listed to one side in high winds, and it rattled something fierce. The mutineers, who had divided their murdered Captain's booty among them, started seeing strange things on the ship. They could swear they saw her wandering about at night, or standing at the top deck by the wheel, watching. One by one they went mad, and by the time the
  Ida Leigh pulled into port again, they were all dead on deck. Their eyes had been pecked out by the birds, even, so they seemed to stare at you all the time. And hanging in the rigging below the sip, caught in the ropes, was what was left of their Captain. She'd gotten herself tangled in the ship itself, see, and had time to curse each and every man before she starved to death, mad with pain from the fall. Hard to find a crew with the stomach to run a haunted boat, but sometimes a sailor's gotta take work that doesn't ask too many questions...

Hung in the city square in a prominent place is a notice for all to see. By the time it's been seen by enough people to gather some interest, it's a little weathered. Its parchment is battered around the edges, and some of the words are worn. Not enough of them, however, to obfuscate the message written in brilliant green ink: Attention: Experienced ship captain seeks crew for cargo transport. Pay dependent on delivery, split all ways. Departs in one week from Shearsdale docks. Enquire berth nine.

Roles

• Crew Members - Honest folk just looking for work.
    Mutineers - Not-so-honest folk looking to keep the cargo for themselves, if it's good enough. Will be working to eliminate everyone else to win the game.
    Chirurgeon - Having made a mistake and fallen gravely out of favor in the city, the chirurgeon just wants to blend in with the crew members and get to where the ship is going. However, the chirurgen will have the opportunity to save one person from the Mutineers at a time of the chirurgeon's choice.
    Detective - Heard the legend of the cursed boat and has decided to go undercover to find out if the rumors are true. Can investigate one person per night and get a yes or no answer as to whether they are a plain ol' crew member. Nothing more, nothing less. Knows who the Chemist is, however.
    Greenhorn - A brand new sailor on their first voyage. Has thrown in with the Mutineers, but the Greenhorn seems so harmless that they are at no point revealed to be a Mutineer. No one would believe it anyway.
    Chemist - Has accompanied the Detective on this wild chase after a haunted ship, which sounds bloody mad in all honesty, but the Chemist is there and by Jove, they'll see it through. Can choose one other player to eliminate during any night-time round (with SCIENCE, of course). Knows who the Detective is.
    Pirate - Is good at talking people into things, like. Has that way about them that makes people want to believe, see. Can choose any other player (aside from the Greenhorn or Mutineers, of course) during any night round to convert into a Mutineer.
    Simulacrum - Looks like a person, talks like a person, but isn't a real person. They are a likeness of a person made out of cogs, wheels, and the vague desire to eventually become a real boy. Or girl. Is mostly immune at night - not affected by Mutineer attacks, or the Pirate.
House Rules

• The Mutineers won't find out who one another are until the second night, instead of the first. This makes the election of the 'sheriff' role a little more random, and a little more fun for me. ;)
  • I'll probably be looking for anywhere from 15 to 25 players for this.
  • I'll make a more comprehensive list when I'm more awake, and before the game starts.
Who's interested?

• Saffron
  • Kazyth
  • Starlequin
  • Ryven
  • Cyrano Johnson
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Mithlomwen
  • Luna
  • James Moriarty
  • ThatRPGuy
  • SunshineSparkle
  • Sarena
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Remiel
  • Niferbelle
  • Kendra
  • That Girl Analise
  • Valerian
  • Falanor
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Moirae
  • Kyrsa
  • The Last Standing

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Kazyth

... IN!  So in!

Haven't played one of these games in ages!

*also hijacks Saffron's /first, to get into the spirit of the thing*
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Ryven

Cyrano Johnson

Airships! Huzzah!

Interested for the Simulacrum.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Beguile's Mistress

Count me in please.  My first steampunk.  Yay!

Mithlomwen

I've never done steampunk either.  Count me in! 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Teo Torriatte

If you guys don't mind having someone who is a total newb at this kind of game, I would love to give it a shot!

Trieste

Quote from: Luna on October 19, 2012, 02:51:48 PM
If you guys don't mind having someone who is a total newb at this kind of game, I would love to give it a shot!

Everyone was a newb once, c'mon aboard. :)

Quote from: Cyrano Johnson on October 19, 2012, 11:03:29 AM
Airships! Huzzah!

Interested for the Simulacrum.

Cool! The roles will be assigned randomly but maybe you'll score it!

James Moriarty

Galactic Druid

Steampunk?! Yes please! Count me in, Trie!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

SunshineSparkle

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Sarena

I'd definitely be interested. :)  Although, my experience with steampunk leaves a little to be desired.
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Lord Mayerling

Remiel

I love Steampunk.  I love Mafia games.  How can I possibly refuse?

Niferbelle

Kendra

ok it's been forever since I played in a mafia and I've been aching to get my teeth into some steampunk ;)

I'll give it whirl :)

That Girl Analise

Galactic Druid

I'd like to take a moment to call dibs on the position of the ship's cook. Thank you!

Ryven

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on October 20, 2012, 03:46:54 AM
I'd like to take a moment to call dibs on the position of the ship's cook. Thank you!

*glares*  One cook for 15 - 25 people?  You'll kill yourself.  I will be in the kitchen as well.

Valerian

I'll take a spot if there's still room.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Falanor

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Ryven on October 20, 2012, 09:09:51 AM
*glares*  One cook for 15 - 25 people?  You'll kill yourself.  I will be in the kitchen as well.

*votes* I think Ryven is a mutineer!   :P I kid, I kid...

I imagine That Lovely Girl Analise will want a spot in the kitchen as well, we could all work together!  ^^

You know, I've never done a chef in a steampunk setting before. I'll bet we could come up with all manner of unique appliances in that setting.

Hey Trie, is this going to be more of an Eberron/Miyazaki kind of steampunk where magic is a big part of society and technology, or a more realistic route, where it's all steam tech and industry? Either way is fine with me, it just determines how crazy my culinary contraptions will be.

Ryven

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on October 20, 2012, 09:43:24 AM

I imagine That Lovely Girl Analise will want a spot in the kitchen as well, we could all work together!  ^^

You know, I've never done a chef in a steampunk setting before. I'll bet we could come up with all manner of unique appliances in that setting.

Hey Trie, is this going to be more of an Eberron/Miyazaki kind of steampunk where magic is a big part of society and technology, or a more realistic route, where it's all steam tech and industry? Either way is fine with me, it just determines how crazy my culinary contraptions will be.

*snerks*  I want an automaton made out of a commercial stand mixer ^-^

Mr Bigglesworth

As long as it doesn't start before November first, I'm in if there's room!

desert ashes

If there's still room, I'm interested in playing. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Trieste

I love Eberron - it's pretty much my favorite system setting ever. <3 I also have a weakness for Rube Goldberg type contraptions, and I think it would be cool to see how people play it. I hadn't really written magic into the intro, since magic can sort of mess with the balance of something unless it's strictly for flavor. I think I'd prefer it to be a rare thing, and see what people can do with steam tech and science. >.>

Quote from: Mr Bigglesworth on October 20, 2012, 11:24:07 AM
As long as it doesn't start before November first, I'm in if there's room!

Eeek, I had planned on starting it maybe sometime next week. Depending on how many people sign up, larger games tend to move a little slower than smaller games, so if there are a bunch of people it might not require your attention more than once every 24 hours or so. It's kind of what I like about these games, that they don't necessarily demand your attention ALL the time.

Kye

I would love to play if there's still room for one more.

The Last Standing

If you still have space, I'd love to hop in.

That Girl Analise

Quote from: Ryven on October 20, 2012, 09:09:51 AM

Hey hey hey! What about me?

Galactic Druid

You were totally included, Girl!

That Girl Analise

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on October 20, 2012, 01:17:08 PM
You were totally included, Girl!

There is a possibility I jumped on the quote button and didn't read further.

Ryven

Quote from: That Girl Analise on October 20, 2012, 01:18:54 PM
There is a possibility I jumped on the quote button and didn't read further.

Good fun will be had by all!

Trieste

... but not good clean fun, right? 'Cause I won't allow that nonsense in my house, young man. >.>;

Kazyth

The Kazbeast is involved.  Clean fun and Kazbeast do not mix.  Dirty fun, however, is a near and dear friend.

Ryven

Quote from: Trieste on October 20, 2012, 02:59:17 PM
... but not good clean fun, right? 'Cause I won't allow that nonsense in my house, young man. >.>;

Do I ever have clean fun?  Honestly?

Beguile's Mistress

Falanor

Quote from: Ryven on October 20, 2012, 03:30:00 PM
Do I ever have clean fun?  Honestly?

Shower sex doesn't count as clean fun?

Ryven

Trieste

I need three more of my slots filled and then we'll get started. :)

Sarena

I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Trieste

Ryven

That Girl Analise

Quote from: Trieste on October 20, 2012, 02:59:17 PM

What is this "clean" fun of which you speak? Cleaning is not fun, it is a chore that keeps me off E.

Beguile's Mistress

...and gets you dirty in a most boring way.

That Girl Analise

Mr Bigglesworth

Eeek, I had planned on starting it maybe sometime next week. Depending on how many people sign up, larger games tend to move a little slower than smaller games, so if there are a bunch of people it might not require your attention more than once every 24 hours or so. It's kind of what I like about these games, that they don't necessarily demand your attention ALL the time.
[/quote]

Sign me up. I'll be a little less attentive until 11/1, but ill be here

Trieste

Okies! I put your name back on the list.

If I don't get any more people in the next 24 hours, I'll start it up tomorrow night. If I get more people, I'll start it when I have an odd number. :)

Trieste

Okie dokie, looks like we're gonna get this showboat on the road. I'll be sending out role PMs and making the first post later on this evening. Please keep an eye on the game thread!

Sarena

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world

Trieste

I think I'm going to use this thread as an OOC thread, just in case there is a need for more than the Tavern of Ghosts.

We have us some chatty bitches, so I suspect it'll be fine.

Autumn Sativus

The tavern is open for everyone as well! ;D I'll have to find that wench costume so I can serve drinks with this many people. :o
Us against the world

Trieste

Teo Torriatte

Oh cool. I wasn't sure if the tavern was just for people playing in that game, so I haven't really been reading that one.

I hope I do ok in this one, though, I'm excited but a little nervous since I am just feeling my way through things.

Beguile's Mistress

Hey!  Watch where you stick those fingers. ;D

Trieste

*bounces around the thread crazily*

I'm a little rusty. Hope this goes well. ::)

Remiel

Quote from: Luna on October 22, 2012, 09:34:10 PM
Oh cool. I wasn't sure if the tavern was just for people playing in that game, so I haven't really been reading that one.

I hope I do ok in this one, though, I'm excited but a little nervous since I am just feeling my way through things.

We were all new to this once, Luna. :)

Starlequin

Quote from: Trieste on October 22, 2012, 09:45:54 PM
*bounces around the thread crazily*

I'm a little rusty. Hope this goes well. ::)
I'm sure things'll get slick quick. O:)

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on October 22, 2012, 09:41:24 PM
Hey!  Watch where you stick those fingers. ;D

*pulls back her hands* who, me? I wasn't touching anything *giggles*

Quote from: Remiel on October 23, 2012, 01:07:01 AM
We were all new to this once, Luna. :)

Mm yep! Just be gentle with me if I screw up? (I'll try not to tho)

Kendra

It's been ages since I played a mafia game I pretty much feel like a newb myself again ;)

morning all  ;D

Teo Torriatte

Morning,  Kendra!

I hope my post was ok... I wasn't sure how elaborate the intros were supposed to be, but the first couple were fairly elaborate(and very nicely written) so I tried to follow suit.

Remiel

*Steals Kendra's top hat*

Quote from: Starlequin on October 23, 2012, 01:43:21 AM
I'm sure things'll get slick quick. O:)

Yes! Because of all the, you know, LUBE everywhere.

Kendra

morning Luna ... I seriously do love that avatar of yours ;)

*steals Remiel's big gun*  >:)  XD

what good is all the lube in the world to you now  ;D

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Remiel on October 23, 2012, 08:01:19 AM
*Steals Kendra's top hat*

Yes! Because of all the, you know, LUBE everywhere.
Lube?  On an airship?  Sliip-er-ry!

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: Kendra on October 23, 2012, 08:42:22 AM
morning Luna ... I seriously do love that avatar of yours ;)

Aw thank you!

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on October 23, 2012, 08:52:37 AM
Lube?  On an airship?  Sliip-er-ry!

Well.. something's got to grease all the tools on board, right?  ;D

Beguile's Mistress

'Tis true.  Just don't squeeze too hard.  It could squirt right out of your fingers.

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on October 23, 2012, 09:21:33 AM
'Tis true.  Just don't squeeze too hard.  It could squirt right out of your fingers.

Sometimes that is half the fun!

Ryven

*Puts on his big, puffy chef's hat*

For added humor:

Beguile's Mistress

What do you expect on a bouncy airship?

Ryven

Beguile's Mistress

*laughs and hands you chocolate sauce and a spoon*

Chocolate sauce fixes everything. ;D

Ryven

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on October 23, 2012, 03:15:01 PM
*laughs and hands you chocolate sauce and a spoon*

Chocolate sauce fixes everything. ;D

As long as it's not Hershey's.

Galactic Druid

So this is what an NA thread looks like =P

Teo Torriatte

Not sure what you mean... I thought we were discussing airship maintenance... *whistles innocently*

Kendra

Quote from: Ryven on October 23, 2012, 02:53:05 PM
*Puts on his big, puffy chef's hat*

For added humor:

ZOMG!! that is just hilarious  ;D
is that one of the chef's on the ship?  ;)  XD

here's a wee bit of cute innocence to keep the ships maintenence crew ...clean  ;D

desert ashes

*Peeks in.*

Sorry for the delay in my vote! 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Trieste

desert ashes

Spankings you say?  *Perks!*

I could be much sorrier. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Lord Mayerling

Beguile's Mistress

Aw...  Now you can join the captains haunting the ship.  I was looking forward to having you around.

Trieste

Mr Bigglesworth

Remiel

Starlequin, that was an impressive bit of character narration.  When reading your post I imagined the voice of Sam Elliott (who I'm pretty sure is the voice of the Chevy truck commercials) reading your words aloud.

Beguile's Mistress

I liked it, too, even if he did vote against me. ;D 

Starlequin

*blushes* Thanks, guys. I think Remiel's was better, though. I try to put little details in my posts to breathe a little life into them, but mine always end up feeling kinda generic to me. And I didn't actually have a voice actor in mind when I was writing, but damned if I don't hear Sam in my head now too! :P

Trieste

I personally would like to hire Stephen Fry to follow behind me and narrate my whole day, with quips in between and all that good stuff.

I mean, I don't think I'd ever have a bad day ever again.

Ryven

Quote from: Trieste on October 27, 2012, 02:47:10 PM
I personally would like to hire Stephen Fry to follow behind me and narrate my whole day, with quips in between and all that good stuff.

I mean, I don't think I'd ever have a bad day ever again.

This.  Right here.  Money well spent.

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Trieste on October 27, 2012, 02:47:10 PM

This, but with either Morgan Freeman or James Earl Jones.

Starlequin

I think I'd like to have the voice of Carl Sagan as my subconscious narrator.

Teo Torriatte

Beguile's Mistress

Carl Sagan is good and I could have millyuns and millyuns of anything. ;D  If it can't be him I'll have Sam Elliott.

Remiel

On the other hand, imagine [noembed]Gilbert Gottfried[/noembed] narrating your life.  That would be totally frickin' hilarious, right up until the point it drove you to commit a murder/suicide.

Beguile's Mistress

I'd spend my life with perpetually wet underwear.

Trieste

* Trieste pokes the non-voting people with sharp sticks.

Galactic Druid

As soon as I get my PC back, I'm voting. It'll be no more than a few hours. Sorry everyone!!

Beguile's Mistress

Galactic Druid

I really like the idea of the posting deadline you've announced, Trie. I use one for Claw and Fang to ensure it stays moving, and it works very well.

Trieste

It was hard not to post a last call on like Saturday... I have to keep in mind that the weekends are not E-time for everyone. :P

Kye

Sorry! I had a tabletop game yesterday that kept me away from the computer. >.>

Cyrano Johnson

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaggghhhhhhhh *splash* "FOOLS!"

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world

Cyrano Johnson

(Cyrano's ghost wails and rattles its chains. Nothing to see here...)

Trieste

Trieste

* Trieste kicks her feet back and enjoys the flurry of plotalicious plotting.

Trieste

Busy bees.

Someone's gotta be first.  ^-^

Falanor

Right then...let's get this party started.  ;D

Trieste

Sarena

Kye

Galactic Druid

Sarena wanted me to let you guys know she's sorry for a short post, she's having some serious tech issues and had to do that from a phone.

As for me, I...don't have an excuse.
* ThatRPGuy hides.

Kendra

hi hi, sorry for being oh so quiet here in the OOC >.<

hope everyone survived the Freaky festivities  ;D

Ryven

Valerian

Wait, so was she the Pirate, the one who could convert someone to the Mutineers' side?  I need to make sure that I have her name the right color!  *flails*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

Yes. The Mutineers will show up as just Mutineers. xD

Kendra

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on November 01, 2012, 11:01:38 AM
Sarena wanted me to let you guys know she's sorry for a short post, she's having some serious tech issues and had to do that from a phone.

As for me, I...don't have an excuse.
* ThatRPGuy hides.
You have a short post and no excuse?

Ryven

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on November 01, 2012, 08:28:08 PM
You can have them in exchange for a body part. ;D

Thunderdome!  Two (wo)men enter!  One (wo)man leaves!

That Girl Analise

A worthy death, I think. I was going either that day, that night, or the next day either way, damn voting patterns.

Kendra

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on November 01, 2012, 08:28:08 PM
You can have them in exchange for a body part. ;D

Quote from: Ryven on November 01, 2012, 08:40:48 PM
Thunderdome!  Two (wo)men enter!  One (wo)man leaves!

when it comes to coffee and cute pj's ... I fight tooth and nail  >:)
no those aren't the body parts I'm gonna lose either :P lol

Quote from: That Girl Analise on November 02, 2012, 12:07:31 AM
A worthy death, I think. I was going either that day, that night, or the next day either way, damn voting patterns.

a worthy crew mate ;)

Ryven

Quote from: Kendra on November 02, 2012, 05:04:59 AM
when it comes to coffee and cute pj's ... I fight tooth and nail  >:)
no those aren't the body parts I'm gonna lose either :P lol

a worthy crew mate ;)

I'm cagey and I will fight dirty!

Valerian

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kendra

Quote from: Ryven on November 02, 2012, 07:07:38 AM
I'm cagey and I will fight dirty!

Oh bring it on ;)

will have Darren throw you a bone to distract you  ;D  >:)

Quote from: Valerian on November 02, 2012, 08:56:43 AM
*ponders selling tickets*

XD ;D

Ryven

Quote from: Kendra on November 02, 2012, 09:32:49 AM
Oh bring it on ;)

will have Darren throw you a bone to distract you  ;D  >:)

XD ;D

I have a bone to pick with him anyway.  ^-^

Kendra

Quote from: Ryven on November 02, 2012, 10:05:29 AM
I have a bone to pick with him anyway.  ^-^

wasn't that the other way around  >:)

Beguile's Mistress

Remiel

*steals the Pirate PJs while everybody is distracted by the fight*

Beguile's Mistress

Thank providence I still have the shirt! ;D

Ryven

Quote from: Remiel on November 02, 2012, 02:42:11 PM
*steals the Pirate PJs while everybody is distracted by the fight*

Who says we were fighting yet?  *snags said PJs and runs off*

Kendra

Quote from: Ryven on November 02, 2012, 10:48:01 PM
Who says we were fighting yet?  *snags said PJs and runs off*

*puts out foot and trips up, snagging pj's, winking and skipping off*  8-)

Ryven

Quote from: Kendra on November 03, 2012, 01:55:17 AM
*puts out foot and trips up, snagging pj's, winking and skipping off*  8-)

*distracts with images of John, taking said PJs back and disappearing*  ::)

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: Ryven on November 03, 2012, 09:44:58 PM

*pops up out of a gopher hole, snickers to herself as she grabs the PJs and then vanishes back down the hole*

Kendra

Quote from: Ryven on November 03, 2012, 09:44:58 PM

*gasps* that is very underhand mister :P mhmmmm *is distracted*

Quote from: Luna on November 04, 2012, 05:58:51 AM
*pops up out of a gopher hole, snickers to herself as she grabs the PJs and then vanishes back down the hole*

LOL
nothing could distract me from seeing Luna pop up from a gopher hole ... too much in awe to give chase .. that and I can't cope with tight spaces  :-\

*pushes Ryven towards gopher hole* go on after her and get them ;)

Ryven

Quote from: Kendra on November 04, 2012, 05:28:53 PM

*gasps* that is very underhand mister :P mhmmmm *is distracted*

LOL
nothing could distract me from seeing Luna pop up from a gopher hole ... too much in awe to give chase .. that and I can't cope with tight spaces  :-\

*pushes Ryven towards gopher hole* go on after her and get them ;)

I'm not getting dirty for some PJs.  I'll just buy some at the store.  ::)

Sarena

I'd be careful diving into those holes, y'all.  Starlequin might mistake you for a gopher.  ;D

Starlequin

Don't worry, darling. I'm very picky. I get mine imported from an upscale country club.  :P

Trieste

Did he just call Sarena 'imported'? >.>

Sarena

Ryven

Quote from: Sarena on November 04, 2012, 06:57:55 PM
I'd be careful diving into those holes, y'all.  Starlequin might mistake you for a gopher.  ;D

I don't think Star would like me diving into any of his holes anyway.  ::)

Starlequin

Well, you're not going to find out with an attitude like that, now are you? O:)

Ryven

Quote from: Starlequin on November 04, 2012, 07:29:39 PM
Well, you're not going to find out with an attitude like that, now are you? O:)

And what attitude are you speaking of? ::)

Starlequin

All those negative assumptions... ^-^
*considers a moment*
Hm, or maybe not so negative... :-[
Ah, well. Carry on!

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world

Kye

I wonder where my body ended up.... >.>

Trieste

I kinda heard Cyrano makin' some funny noises below-decks. . .

Kye

.... at least someone has found some use for it!

>.>

<.<

E has warped my mind.

Trieste

Only enough that you got the intent of what I posted. >.>

Kye

<.<

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I did.  I'm not nearly disturbed enough by it.  :P

Remiel

:o

Hrm.  The game just got a little more interesting.

Valerian

I was going to console myself with the fact that I didn't vote for her, but that won't help much if we keep going like this.  :P
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

I find the PMs flying around fascinating.

Kye

*eyes the newest in game post from Trie*

Was I resurrected?  :o

Trieste

Valerian

Maybe we could have a seance like in Saffron's game and try to contact Kyrsa's spirit.  :D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

Kye

Kendra

very interesting turn of events indeed  O:)

Trieste

Please note that since we have about half the players we started out with, I'll be paring down the voting time appropriately. Up until now, I usually put up the last call around 48 hours. I'll probably put it up now closer to 24 or 36 hours (haven't decided yet).

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. :)

Mr Bigglesworth

Oh bother, the baddies got me in both games now.  A spectator I am now...

Trieste

Sorry Mr. B. There will probably be another game running after Airships concludes, especially if VI and A&A conclude at the same time or close to one another.

Mr Bigglesworth

No worries, I did make it to the end of Millers Hollow :-)

Valerian

Ack!  I just discovered a mistake on my spreadsheet!  *fixes in a panic*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mr Bigglesworth

I've wondered how many people keep spreadsheets for these games...

Sarena

*raises a hand* Erm...I like spreadsheets.  8-)

Valerian

I kind of don't like spreadsheets, at least the setting them up part.  But they're pretty much a necessity for me in these games, otherwise I'd be even more lost and confused than I am now.   ::)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

I should start using a spread sheet.  Hmm...

Valerian

Just make sure you don't accidentally switch two votes around like I did.   :-[
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mr Bigglesworth

Vote changes had me confused at first; I found a pretty good way to deal with that, though I'd be surprised if I got through an entire game with no mistakes.

Valerian

*nods*  I'd like to figure out a better way of handling vote changes, but what I'm doing works all right for now.  I'm trying a new sort of spreadsheet in conjunction with my previous method this time through, so it's bound to need some tweaking.

The sheer number of roles over in VI is an awful thing to deal with, I must say.  :P
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mr Bigglesworth

For the vote changes I have some color-coding rules, so if a duplicate voter happens in a round, it changes to a hideous color - then I just go find the previous one and put an "X-" in front of who they voted for, so I can still find the history, but don't end up counting too many votes, and anything with"X-" shows in yellow so I can find the flip-flop people easily.  I spent way to much time on it - haha.

Remiel

I'm usually pretty good at keeping track of who voted for who, but every now and then I'll be thrown completely off guard.   *ponders creating an unnecessarily complicated algorithm*

Trieste

... *hugs her OneNote notebook for GMing Mafia games*

Valerian

I could ponder creating an unnecessarily complicated algorithm... but I would have to stop there, as I'm quite sure I wouldn't be able to follow through.  :P
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kendra

my system is easy ... I scroll back :P
or close my eyes and point my finger at the screen randomly to vote LOL

ok I totally don't do that  O:)
::)

oooh I need to go shower ... I is treacherous scum >.<

;D

Remiel

Quote from: Valerian on November 08, 2012, 03:19:36 PM
I could ponder creating an unnecessarily complicated algorithm... but I would have to stop there, as I'm quite sure I wouldn't be able to follow through.  :P

Well, something along the lines of James Moriarty's Trustworthiness Index:

- Voted for someone who turns out to be innocent: -1
- Voted for someone who turns out to be guilty (early): +3
- Voted for someone who turns out to be guilty (late): +1
- Has been voted for by someone who turns out to be innocent: -1
- Has been voted for by someone who turns out to be guilty: +2
- Has been voted for by someone who turns out to be guilty, but it is obvious that said guilty person was sacrificing himself: -3
- Acknowledges being a special role: +1
- Acknowledges a specific special role: +5
- Acknowledges a specific special role, is subsequently contested by someone else claiming to be the same role: -5

I'd better stop.  My head is spinning already. @_@

Teo Torriatte

I'm still trying to get the hang of the social aspect of these games... way more than I had first thought there was. I will tackle the logic bits in the next game or two, methinks.

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world

Trieste

I made an exception to accommodate a player. Was just coming over here to post an OOC note.

Remiel

Wait a minute...what happened to Saffron? I thought she was immune to the Mutineers?

Trieste

Remiel, did you see the post above yours? :)

Trieste

Kendra

am totally going to haunt you guys :P

;D

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Kendra on November 12, 2012, 04:06:33 AMam totally going to haunt you guys

If you haunt a certain point in the rigging, you can get a great view down Niferbelle's shirt.

The More You Know...

Kendra

Quote from: Cyrano Johnson on November 12, 2012, 07:05:03 AM
If you haunt a certain point in the rigging, you can get a great view down Niferbelle's shirt.

The More You Know...

oh really?!
*goes to hover in the rigging*
oh I totally agree  >:)
nice view  ;)

Ryven

At this rate, the mutineers are going to take over the ship.

Kendra

*waves from the rigging*

will keep an eye out for any from up here :P

Remiel

Quote from: Cyrano Johnson on November 12, 2012, 07:05:03 AM

The More You Know...

That's almost enough to make me wish I was a ghost.

Niferbelle

*casually unfastens another button and lets her shirt fall open a little more*

Cyrano Johnson

*a ghostly, rhythmic sound plays through the rigging for just a moment... some crewmembers will later swear that it sounded like someone fapping... *

Galactic Druid

Nifer's next button seems to undo itself, as far as she knows...

So hey, fellow ghosts!

Kendra

*captains telescope disappears only to be seen hovering in the rigging*
ahhh much better view now  >:)
what?! even as a ghost I still only have the one eye :P
;D

pffft mutineer ghosts go down the other end :P

;D

Valerian

Hah!  I was right!  I knew those nasty Mutineers would take their revenge on me.

...Of course, being dead makes it a touch harder to gloat properly.  :P
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Argh.  I hate sitting here watching helplessly!  *panics*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Mr Bigglesworth

Quote from: Valerian on November 15, 2012, 02:15:55 PM
Argh.  I hate sitting here watching helplessly!  *panics*

+1 - Being dead is really frustrating, especially when you know stuff  ::)

Trieste

Sorry, guys. :)

I very much enjoyed that, though.

Starlequin

Ahh, victory is sweet.
Like cinnamon rolls served up on a platter of kitten smiles.
...And I totally called Kaz as the Greenhorn. Just sayin'.

Trieste

Ummmm, it's in there.

It's been there the whole time.

Always.

Starlequin

Trieste

Ryven

Muahaha!  I knew Remiel was up to no good. ^-^

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,

Niferbelle

I'm very glad I don't have to give Starlequin a pinch. Fun game everyone!

Ryven

Mr Bigglesworth

Ryven

Quote from: Mr Bigglesworth on November 15, 2012, 07:09:43 PM
So how did Val know?

She didn't, but before she died, she basically told me all her suspicions (which turned out to be true), Remiel being one of them.  I then told others about this to pass on the knowledge. ;D

Kazyth

... Ryven was next on the hit list, too.  >_>

The ladies we were trying to save for plundering.

Ryven

Quote from: Kazyth on November 15, 2012, 08:25:59 PM

I figured that part out quickly which is why the panicked PM went out to Mith, Star, and Nif. ;D

Sarena

It would have worked too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!  *shakes fist*   >:) I was planning on saving dear Star for last and keeping him as my pet.

Starlequin

*blinks*
Uh, Trie? I think you might've discounted earlier. I'm sure Ryven Kaz somebody got more votes than Sarena.
Welp, looks like the game aint over, folks. Back on da boat! *lines up behind the trusty Cap'n*

Teo Torriatte

Good game, everyone! It was a blast, and thank you to Trie for running it!

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Kazyth on November 15, 2012, 08:25:59 PM

*perks*  Did someone say plundering? 
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

Quote from: Mr Bigglesworth on November 15, 2012, 07:09:43 PM
So how did Val know?
Val knows all!

Well, okay, no, I didn't know.  Ryven summed it up pretty well.  I was quite sure I was toast the next night, though, hence the sharing of the suspicions.

But I can often sense when Remiel is being sneaky.  <.<
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

Quote from: Mithlomwen on November 15, 2012, 09:55:18 PM
*perks*  Did someone say plundering?

Of course!  After all, what else would Mutineers do but turn the airship into a Pirate Airship?  And pirates do so love to plunder the ladies!  Well... I do at least.  Pirate or no pirate.

Valerian

Hmph.  I didn't get plundered, just thrown overboard.  :P
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

You would have eventually!  What we didn't tell anyone is that we set up nets under the ship to catch our victims and toss them into cryosleep until we controlled the ship and could plunder at our lesiure.  *nods sagely*

James Moriarty

Quote from: Kazyth on November 15, 2012, 10:01:48 PM
You would have eventually!  What we didn't tell anyone is that we set up nets under the ship to catch our victims and toss them into cryosleep until we controlled the ship and could plunder at our lesiure.  *nods sagely*

+1 BOOOOP BEEP BOO... Er, sorry, wrong thread... <.<

Trieste

* Trieste appears in a haze of glittering binary.

Who summons the genie of-oh, it's just JM. Crap.

Valerian

Um.  Oh.

Guess I'm in cryosleep, waiting for rescue.  Or something.  <.<
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Quote from: Kazyth on November 15, 2012, 09:59:48 PM
Of course!  After all, what else would Mutineers do but turn the airship into a Pirate Airship?  And pirates do so love to plunder the ladies!  Well... I do at least.  Pirate or no pirate.

Next you'll be saying that instead of eating dinner you'll be eating Pirate dinner.  You'll drink Pirate rum while you Pirate dance to a Pirate song.  Regular plundering isn't good enough for you.  No, it has to be Pirate plundering.  Do you know how messy all these Pirate shenanigans can get?  I suppose you don't care how much it's going to cost to clean the poop deck, do you?

Kazyth

Nope!  For I am always the Beast, but only sometimes a Pirate.  And sometimes a Gangster, occasionally a Werewolf.  Once in a while a Thorn.  But at the core, always a Beast.  And we like it messy.

Ryven

Quote from: Kazyth on November 15, 2012, 10:19:07 PM
Nope!  For I am always the Beast, but only sometimes a Pirate.  And sometimes a Gangster, occasionally a Werewolf.  Once in a while a Thorn.  But at the core, always a Beast.  And we like it messy.

So just replace the word 'pirate' in my previous post with the word 'beast' and it still applies.  Some one still needs to clean the poop deck!

Trieste

Quote from: Kazyth on November 15, 2012, 10:19:07 PM