Deus Ex: Monstergirl Revolution

Started by ShadowFox89, February 06, 2013, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

The year is 2120CE. In the year 2086, an advancement in cybernetics, genetic engineering, as well as a refinement in the human understanding of the occult brought about a new species of being; the monstergirl. At first, these girls weren't even considered citizens. Claimed to lack an intelligence comparable to humans, they were used as sex toys, guards, and maids. Then, things changed when the first monstergirl-human children were born. The fact that they could produce viable children with humans meant they were given second class citizenry.

Becoming recognized citizens of the world didn't change much. In the modern countries, USA, the EU, Australia, monstergirls were given low paying jobs unless they took up positions as the concubines to the very rich. In most other countries, they do not even get the chance to work in anything but a position of sexual exploitation. Being immune to sexually transmitted diseases, they remain in their roles as guards, maids, or sex toys. Males born to monstergirl mothers have it easier. While they have some minor traits inherited from their mother, claws, fangs, catlike ears, they are still considered human and have every right that it entails, but also inherit the immunity to sexually transmitted diseases.

In this fast growing world of cybernetics and sorcery, there is one company that is a rising star. OphaniCorp, located in Chicago, Illinois, is one of the pioneers in cybernetics and sorcery, having an almost 75% hiring rate of monstergirls.

Alright, there's the fluff. Here's the crunch. Obviously, this game is going to be inspired by Deus Ex: Human Revolution. With monstergirls thrown in of course. I plan on using the Legend system, which you can find here. It is simple, it is easy, and outside of combat there will very few rolls needed to be made.

Level would be 6. Ability generation is your choice: 16, 14, 14, 12, 10, 10; 26 point buy; 5d6 6 times taking the top 3. You shouldn't have any odd numbers with your abilities.

And that's about all you need to make a character! I still haven't decided if I will be having this as a small group game (3-4 people) or a sandbox game. If sandbox, I'll need a co-GM or two to help keep me relatively sane.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Basic application sheet:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b] 16-34. First generation monstergirls are going to obviously be older, while the second generation of girls are going to be 16-18. Humans can be of any age 16 and up. Androids/Gynoids can be of any age.

[b]Race:[/b] Any type of monstergirl you can think of is applicable. Humans will obviously have the human race, and if you want to play an android, you will need to play a Sentient Construct.

[b]Class:[/b] Any class within the main PDF is available for use. If you would like to use homebrew material, please ask first.

[b]Background:[/b] Keep it long enough to be interesting but short enough to fill in blanks when needed. 2-3 paragraphs.

A note on the term Monstergirl: Although monstergirl is used throughout all posts referring to such, there are both male and female variants.

How a Monstergirl is made: First Generation monstergirls are created through an intense regiment of genetic engineering. This process is excruciating and often leaves the girl mentally broken with no will of their own. Almost all 1st gen girls have a series of chips planted in their body. One to track them anywhere in the world, another to monitor their vitals, and a third to overload the pleasure and pain centers of their brain, giving them intense pleasure or mindwracking pain.
2nd gen girls have it much easier. Most often, then are born from a human father and a monstergirl mother. However, there are a few born from a monstergirl father and human mother. In modernized countries, they receive a locator and monitoring chip, implanted in their bodies. Those born in third world countries or the slums or backwoods of modern countries are not so lucky. Sometimes, they are raised to loving parents. More often however, they are raised in groups for a single purpose and are never taught much outside of that.

More to come.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

Hey, 89.  Saw this and immediately jumped onboard - though more for the Deus Ex than anything.  Do you mind if I re-use my character from the previous attempt at this type of story?  Or do you want me to re-work up the character again?

ShadowFox89

You are free to use your character from the previous story. I've got more fluff info I wanna type up, but that's mainly about sorcery and how it impacts the world.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Going to give my tentative interest, though one of my other RPs may force me to withdraw it, depending on how it goes. Having said that, is 'monstergirl' a single, uniform race, or are there different variations? Also, how monstrous are said monstergirls?

ShadowFox89

Well, to give you an idea of how they'd look: http://mjm202036.pbworks.com/w/page/8689470/Monster%20Girls%20Encyclopedia

Ignore the fluff for most of them, but that should give a good idea of how they appear.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

I'm in as well.  Might be a bit before I make my character, though, been busy lately.  I'll make a rogue of some sort, likely using their explosives track, but I haven't picked a race at all.  (She's definitely going to be a monstergirl, though.)

Datawych

Name: Belle. If she ever had a last name, it has been lost.

Race: Lamia (aquatic serpent subtype, capable of movement in water and on land) [First generation]

Appearance
Height: 5'2" (though measured from head to tail she's over 18 feet long)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green

Class: Sage

Background: Belle was originally human, but has been through such extensive trauma to transform her into what she is now that she no longer remembers. Her family had always had problems with money, so Belle agreed to be one of the first wave of test subjects that would become monstergirls in exchange for her family being taken care of. The last contact any of her family had with her was a note she left on the day she disappeared.

"I'm doing it because I don't see any other choice. You may never see me again, but that doesn't mean I don't love you. - Belle"

Now, as far as Belle is concerned, she's always been a Lamia, and will continue to be one forever. The intense genetic modification process has left her with an incredibly subdued personality; it is incredibly difficult for others to discern her mood, and she seems to experience neither highs nor lows. Despite this, she still feels her emotions incredibly acutely. The trauma of her transformation has simply left her unable to emote effectively. The only time Belle's mood changes noticeably is during sex acts, which makes it easy for those around her to make the assumption that she is completely content with her position as little more than a living sex toy.

Though submissive to anyone who asserts any degree of dominance over her, Belle's true loyalties lie with those who treat her best. She always does her best to protect those she cares about with her (primarily defensive) magic.

****Since she's a first gen monstergirl I'd be totally willing to make her a sort of live-in maid/sexual servant to another character, if someone's looking****

Personality: Belle's personality is incredibly flat, though anyone who spends time with her and pays enough attention will come to realize that it isn't exactly her fault. Originally objecting to being treated as less than human, Belle quickly came to accept this fact and learned to enjoy her position as a sexual object. However, sex will often leave her physically satisfied and emotionally numb, and others find figuring out what she is really thinking/feeling incredibly difficult when she is in this state.

Character Mechanic Stuff
Class: Sage
Sage's Wrath: Arcane Lore
Canto: Red Hymn
Space, Discontent: Lungbreaker

HP: 72

Speed: 65 ft

STR 14 (+2)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 18 (+4) [KDM]
INT 18 (+4) [KOM]
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 14 (+2)

Good Saves: Fortitude, Reflex

Feats: Wake (racial), Breakneck Pace, The Earth Cracks (30 ft tremorsense), The Sky Empties (30 ft teleport)

Skills: Arcana, Athletics, Diplomacy, Medicine, Nature, Vigor

Items:
Magelock Revolver: Ranged[Close], [Arcane][Brutal 3] (Spells deal 3 + 1 for every 2 levels), Greater weapon (+2 to attacks with spells), Drinking weapon (heal for half the damage dealt, to a maximum of level/2).

Alacrity Implant Package: Lesser Light Armor (+3 AC), Streamlined (+10 movement speed).

Vitality Equalizer: Burnished Phylactery (25 + 5 / level ft range)

I wasn't sure where else to put this, since there doesn't seem to be a good place to host character sheets. I used the 5d6 (keep 3), adjusting for odd-numbered ability scores.

UPDATE: Added ability scores, feats, and skills

ShadowFox89

Looks good. Something I forgot to clarify- First generation girls were initially human girls, who had their genetics altered into what they are now.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 09, 2013, 12:07:53 AM
Something I forgot to clarify- First generation girls were initially human girls, who had their genetics altered into what they are now.

Yeah, that's what I thought. That's why I made mention of her last name; she had one at one point, but it's been so long since anyone (including herself) cared what her last name was that it has been sort of forgotten.

ShadowFox89

Figured, but just wanted to make sure :)

If you need help making a background, PM me or I can be found on AIM.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Looks good Datawatch. Just one thing I want to note, is that you should still be capable of doing a job. Everyone is going to be part of OphaniCorp's primary security team, which will have them looking into the corporation's interests in locations around the world.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 11, 2013, 01:50:20 PM
You should still be capable of doing a job

I was planning on her being some type of medic or physician, since the magic she possesses is primarily focused on helping/protecting allies, rather than harming enemies.

ShadowFox89

Okay, just didn't want anyone to feel useless :)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

So, I'm thinking I'll make a catgirl rogue.  I like the explosives track for my offensive choice, not sure what defensive track to go with.  Or, I may start with another class and multiclass into the rogue explosives, not sure.  If anyone's got suggestions for multiclass options/feats/items, I'd like some input.

As for her background, I'm thinking along the lines of someone who was forced into being a sex slave pretty much from birth, being taught how to be a nice little girl while growing up and forced into sex as soon as she was old enough.  She managed to escape a few years later, and now goes from city to city, blasting her way into anywhere there's something worth stealing.

Not quite sure what she'll be like sexually, to be honest.  I'll think about it more later.

Anyway, the picture I want to use for her: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1796656

Sethala

Is there a place like plothook to host Legendary sheets?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

89?  I'm thinking of switching up one thing on my character sheet - one of her taken skills is History.  I'm thinking with the Deus Ex angle, I'd want to change that over to Engineering, since Medicine is already taken and I figure we'll run into a few bots along the way.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, looks interesting. Need study that document more thoroughly though.

Datawych

Question. If one of the options for ability scores is 5d6 (3), then wouldn't it be possible to have odd-numbered abilities? But you said we shouldn't have any odd ability scores.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, wonder same. Would 17 rounded up or down with 5d6 (keep 3)?

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Datawych on February 14, 2013, 07:49:07 PM
Question. If one of the options for ability scores is 5d6 (3), then wouldn't it be possible to have odd-numbered abilities? But you said we shouldn't have any odd ability scores.

If you have an odd ability score from rolling, you make take 1 from that odd score and add it to the odd score to another roll. If you have an odd number of odd scores, then you should round down.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Also, since there aren't racial entries for various types of monstergirls (obviously), what should we do about racial ability score bonuses/penalties? Just don't worry about them and use the flat ability scores?

ShadowFox89

You can write one up if you feel you're up to it. Or use an existing race. Or just use human and not worry about it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A