Abyssal PC Looking for a Home

Started by Elohim, June 29, 2008, 03:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elohim

Creation is not the place it once was, it has been wracked by pestilence and creatures from outside creation.  It’s tyrant kings were thrown down, and replaced by the less then perfect Terrestrial exalted, who flounder and stagnate as they do their best to immitate the old god kings.  Now, the Ananthema return...  The Lunars from the wyld tainted wastes, the Solars once more have begun to exalt acting as shining paragon’s of perfection, the Sidereals continue to manipulate the world behind the scenes, but another type of Exalt has seemingly appeared.  The Abyssals, dark mockeries of the solar heroes.  They are flesh eating cannibals, soul eaters, stuck between life and death, armies of the dead spring up at their command, and the corpses of their enemies only serve to strengthen their retinue. 

But, what did any of this have to with a woman who’s former name was Annabelle.  She was a simple, attractive woman, a warm hearted lover to her partner Morrigan, who was a gentle hearted woman.  They adopted a young girl, orphaned by conflict and named her Lyta.  It, should have been a perfect life, but it was not destined in the loom of fate.  Annabelle, was something special...  She had potential, a nebulous destiny, that would eventually be cut short.

Someone, took an interest her.  A Dark figure encased perpetually in soul steel armour.  Known to some as the First and Forsaken lion. 

The young woman had been a well known martial artist in the early days of her life, she won tournaments, and had often been hired to act as a body guard for wandering nobles who couldn’t afford the protection of a Dragonblooded.  Unfortunately, her days of combat came to and end when she met Morrigan.  She put down her weapons and retired, to live a simple life in a little village, far away from the throng, where she could forget her days as a warrior and just, spend her days lounging in her lovers arms. It wasn’t long until they adopted a child to share in their joy, as they lived off what the warrior had horded in her days as a mercenary.

The Lion did not approve.  But, she was only a mortal another would take her place, and the flow of ghosts to the Underworld would increase once another like her entered the fray. 

But, Paradise did not last...  The guild came seeking more flesh for trade.  Morrigan and Lyta, resisted to the last, while Annabelle tried in vain to get through the throng of warriors, and watched, as they were cut down to show the rest of the lot, what would happen if they resisted.  Annabelle fell not soon after, the multitude of blades, and arrows in her flesh finally sapped the will from her body.

The Lion was pleased...  And he made her an offer that she couldn’t refuse, accept the black exaltation, become his vassal, and gain vengeance for those that had killed her lover and child.  There was no hesitation, only rage.  That night, the earth was stained red with blood.  The multitudes of warriors were wiped away, with fists and fangs.  Anabelle was no more, and Broken Hearted Nightmare now stalks creation.

She soon found herself led to the under world by another, and there she was taught what she was,  she learned the ways of her deathlords.  Now, she acts as his fist when the time requires it...  But her free time is spent tearing apart the guild piece by piece wherever she can find it.

(I'm willing to discuss power level,  and I'd also be willing to change the Deathlord who she serves if it was best for the story.  I'd be willing to go solo,  or multiplayer)

Zaer Darkwail

I would be intrested join abyssal exalted game if it would come to be :). In first edition tough (dont have books for second).

Elohim

I'm really only interested in it being a second edition game.  I've more second edition books then first,  and,  well...  my old abyssal book has seen better times.  It'll be hard to find all the old pages.

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, I see. Well cant be player nor DM because I dont have any second edition books and only first ones. Of course if we just throw out the window all the rules and roleplay the situations and just decide limits of your chars powers I could be GM then. But it would ask change Deathlord from Lion to Raiment of Tears.

Elohim

Thanks,  but I actually want to use the book.  Sorry.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, good luck finding a partner :).

Shadowz

Colour me interested in this one... It sounds like the sort of thing I can get my teeth into, I am a bit of a beginner with the whole Abyssal editions but put my name down if you think there is a role for me in this one

Elohim

Aww come on,  two female's of the lesbian persuasion.  Someone out there most want to run a game. 

HairyHeretic

I've run a 1st ed Abyssals game, but haven't GMed under 2nd yet. The campaign was very much player driven .. I gave them a basic plot to start with, and then ran just ahead of them. What sort of game are you looking for?

Actually, I should say I've run 1 and a bit. I'd a short lived Abyssals game on RPoL as well.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Elohim

Are you offering Hairy?  If you have a bit of experince with the game from first ed,  I wouldn't mind.  I haven't actually played much second ed either,  and Shadowz is new to the system.

HairyHeretic

Looking to get a better idea of what you're wanting before I say yay or nay.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.