A interest call: 3.5 DnD Unique Devil/Demon Campaign in Hell/Abyss (closed FULL)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 08, 2011, 06:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 09, 2011, 12:45:35 PM
Hmm.  Let's see if this concept will work...

Step One, begin with a Pleasure Devil, from Fiendish Codex II.  CR 11, 12 HD, basically a more powerful, seduction-oriented Erinyes.

Step Two, take all six levels of the Fiend of Possession prestige class from the Fiend Folio.  CR 17, 18 HD.

Step Three, find some way to increase the caster level on its innate spell-like abilities by 4. (Homebrewed variant of Practiced Spellcaster?)

Step Four, using the rules on p. 156 of Libris Mortis, apply the Lich template, creating a Lichfiend.  CR 19, 18 HD.

Step Five, if allowed, use the rules on p. 156 of Libris Mortis as a guide to apply the Demilich template, creating a Demilichfiend. CR 25, 18 HD.

Step Six, fill in the last two CR with something cool.  Phantom template, Monster of Legend, or even just 4 more HD.  Whatever's appropriate.

The character will be named Demilich, and it'll be awesome. ;D

I was either going fiend of possession or using a cohort with it, brachina was one of the creatures i was looking at too.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 09, 2011, 01:40:07 PM
I was either going fiend of possession or using a cohort with it, brachina was one of the creatures i was looking at too.

That's not a bad idea. Free bonuses, and you can't be possessed by other people.

Zaer Darkwail

Just a note about leadership; you cannot get it. Same deal with Landlord.

Instead I have mechanic for something which grants benefit of both but I need think and tool them while. But basic gist is that each unique demon/devil gets five imp/quasits (based on their respective planes ofc) to harvest soul energy which is used as form of currency by you guys to improve yourselves or create something.

Besides that you got abyssal/hellish retinue, basically minions. But amount is based on your rank which is basically 'your social status in abyss/hell'. Rank cannot raised by stats, soul power or feats, but by deeds which are considered suitable/worthwhile or source of respect in abyss or hell. Doing or suffering events which are opposite of that lowers your rank (and so can loose minions loyalty and folks leaving you after while of your rank is not restored).

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 09, 2011, 01:29:41 PM
As note spell-alike abilities CL is based on your HD. Anyways your CR 19 with pleasure devil which is Demilichfiend. You have 8 class levels then to choose (but your 12 HD). But if you take +2 more CR for +4 more HD (and so become 16 HD creature), you can then get 6 levels as fiend of possession and so be 22 HD creature (yay for one epic feat).

Actually, CL is only based on HD if it doesn't have a listed CL in the monster's entry.  In the Pleasure Devil's entry, it's listed as CL 17, so that's what it stays at, regardless of whether or not the Pleasure Devil's HD increase.

For the Lichfiend template, I'm allowed to qualify without spellcasting if I have at least five at-will Spell-Like Abilities and a CL of at least 11.  Meanwhile, becoming a Demilich requires Level 21 spellcasting.  The Pleasure Devil has nine at-will Spell-Like Abilities, so following along with the Lichfiend's prerequisites, I'd be able to get the Demilich template if I raised the CL of my Spell-Like Abilities to 21, if you decide to allow it to work that way.

After that, I just need a way to increase the Caster Level for my spell-like abilities by 4.

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 09, 2011, 01:40:07 PM

Ah.  Well, if you don't want to double up on a prestige class like that, I could certainly fill in that slot, if you'd like.  Or one of us could use the Fiend of Corruption prestige class instead...

TheGlyphstone

QuoteJust a note about leadership; you cannot get it. Same deal with Landlord.
Easy come, easy go.

QuoteActually, CL is only based on HD if it doesn't have a listed CL in the monster's entry.  In the Pleasure Devil's entry, it's listed as CL 17, so that's what it stays at, regardless of whether or not the Pleasure Devil's HD increase.

Which can be very odd at times - Krakens can cast Control Weather at CL9th, but Control Weather is a 7th level spell with a minimum CL of 13th.

Kunoichi

That is rather odd. Oo;

So...  Anyone know of any ways for a monster to increase the caster level on its spell-like abilities? ^^;

Snake

Yeah. more HD.

BTW can we play a human base with half-fiend then a slew of other templates on it?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Snake on December 09, 2011, 01:55:56 PM
Yeah. more HD.

BTW can we play a human base with half-fiend then a slew of other templates on it?

Except, as established, extra HD don't change your CL if the creature defines a specific CL that's not already =HD.

And heavily templated human = booooooring. ;D

Snake

hmmm yep indeed. but yeah that's what I was thinking. something kind of like how Yusuke in YYH toward the end went like uber demon on everyone.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Snake on December 09, 2011, 01:59:53 PM
hmmm yep indeed. but yeah that's what I was thinking. something kind of like how Yusuke in YYH toward the end went like uber demon on everyone.

Still, boooooring. You can play a human in any game, you can't play a Half-Farspawn Psuedonatural Dire Badger in any game.

Snake

I've never been much for playing monsters other than something like a dragon :3  That and I'm just not having much in the way of interesting combinations

TheGlyphstone

That's easy to solve. Just take an Imp with 5 class levels, then apply the Half-Dragon template to it 10 times - totally legal, and you've got 51 different types of dragon to pick from.

Adamantine
Amethyst
Arboreal
Battle
Beast
Black
Blue
Brass
Bronze
Brown
Chaos
Chiang Lung
Chromium
Cobalt
Concordant
Copper
Crystal
Deep
Emerald
Ethereal
Fang
Force
Gold
Green
Howling
Iron
Li Lung
Lung Wang
Nickel
Oceanus
Pan Lung
Prismatic
Pyroclastic
Radiant
Red
Rust
Sand
Sapphire
Shadow
Shen Lung
Silver
Song
Steel
Styx
T’ien Lung
Tarterian
Topaz
Tun mi Long
Tungsten
White
Yu Lung

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 09, 2011, 01:49:22 PM

Ah.  Well, if you don't want to double up on a prestige class like that, I could certainly fill in that slot, if you'd like.  Or one of us could use the Fiend of Corruption prestige class instead...

I don't mind it, I also think you wanted demon and I wanted devil anyway.

Snake

Yeah but no. I prefer humanoid type ones like an Erinyes or Incubus with a stack of templates
since we can literally use anything.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 09, 2011, 01:49:22 PM
Actually, CL is only based on HD if it doesn't have a listed CL in the monster's entry.  In the Pleasure Devil's entry, it's listed as CL 17, so that's what it stays at, regardless of whether or not the Pleasure Devil's HD increase.

For the Lichfiend template, I'm allowed to qualify without spellcasting if I have at least five at-will Spell-Like Abilities and a CL of at least 11.  Meanwhile, becoming a Demilich requires Level 21 spellcasting.  The Pleasure Devil has nine at-will Spell-Like Abilities, so following along with the Lichfiend's prerequisites, I'd be able to get the Demilich template if I raised the CL of my Spell-Like Abilities to 21, if you decide to allow it to work that way.

After that, I just need a way to increase the Caster Level for my spell-like abilities by 4.

Hmmm, I allow you raise your CL with the all spell-alike abilities if your HD goes past 17. 17 is just your racial profiency with it but I see little reason for very advanced pleasure devil not gain further prowess when their HD surpass the CL.

So as special ruling; if any spell-alike abilities have fixed CL amount it now matches your HD if HD is greater than CL of the spell-alike ability.

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 09, 2011, 02:38:49 PM
I don't mind it, I also think you wanted demon and I wanted devil anyway.

True, but when I chose a Brachina over a Lilitu, I decided to go for a devil game instead. ^^;

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 09, 2011, 02:45:30 PM
Hmmm, I allow you raise your CL with the all spell-alike abilities if your HD goes past 17. 17 is just your racial profiency with it but I see little reason for very advanced pleasure devil not gain further prowess when their HD surpass the CL.

So as special ruling; if any spell-alike abilities have fixed CL amount it now matches your HD if HD is greater than CL of the spell-alike ability.

Ah, so I can increase my HD by 4 for the remaining 2 CR, and that will allow me to qualify.  Alright then. ^^

Now for one other question.  For the Lich's Phylactery and the Demilich's 8 Soul Gems, do I have to spend money out of my own starting gold to purchase those, or do I get them for free?  Because each one costs 120,000 gp, which is really costly... ><;

Zaer Darkwail

Immortality is not cheap dear ;). But to be gentle I let you have the phylactery made and the gems for 25% of normal price.

PaleEnchantress

I think my character is going to be a self proclaimed god of beauty and tyranny. Lives under the abyssal sea and has tentacles from the waist down as well as plack tendrels which make non functioning wings.

Step 1: Take a Radiant Idol - Chose a domain to represent my Godly portfolio (probably lust , tyranny, pride ect)

Step 2: Apply Templates - Half Water elemental, Phenric, Unseelie, Terror Vampire, and Vampire Lord

Step 3: Take 3 levels of master Vampire

Step 4: Add 8 Outsider HD (we decided it was 2 outsider HD for 1 cr increase right?)

Step 5: Use my Cult ability to keep high in the soul trade and raise humanoids like cattle to be plucked harvested and devoured at my whim. All under the hellish oceans within my "godly" domain.

Actually Can I have a piece of property on Godstreet in the city of Dis?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 09, 2011, 02:45:30 PM

I like this lots. CL20 Control Winds is da bomb.

Also, I get 3 Epic feats. Why do Epic feats have to suck so much? :-(

Karasu

SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 09, 2011, 03:05:16 PM
I like this lots. CL20 Control Winds is da bomb.

Also, I get 3 Epic feats. Why do Epic feats have to suck so much? :-(

You can take non epic ones in place of epic ones though i dont know why you would.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 09, 2011, 03:06:55 PM
You can take non epic ones in place of epic ones though i dont know why you would.

I know. But that's not much of a consolation.

Anyone know of a way to suppress/negate Freedom of Movement? I've got absurd grappling bonuses, and would like to make use of them.

...hmm...would Permanent Emanation work for a Spell-Like Ability instead of a spell? I think I'm going to ply the 'flying squid of doom' theme a bit further as the lord of a storm-themed Abyssal plane, and being surrounded by a constant tornado would be cool.

Karasu

I wonder if I should post an actual god I had and his Kitsune friend >>
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

TheGlyphstone

Probably not. Gods are a whole nother kettle of fiendish fish, and have no bearing on this game anyways.