Knights into Darkness (starwars RolePlay for anyone)

Started by Dramen, January 15, 2010, 03:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dramen

They made their way towards the dark area, or at least what felt like the dark area of the city. Torkin had suggested that go this way as a first idea, actually hoping someone would have a different idea to consider. But the truth was that this was the best way anyway. He shrugged as they went on.

Paugus

As they make their way through the city on foot, it's clear that they're already in the slums.. high above them cars float through their traffic, while down here most people scurry about on foot or in speeders. Tyran murmurs very quietly. "What a dump... reminds me of where I grew up." He taps his blaster on his side, reassuring himself. "Well, at least the Darks aren't running the city or anything.. yet."

Dramen

"Right at least we don't think so," Torkin said in response to the comment. "A city like this can hide many things as I'm sure you know."

Suddenly he stopped. A gasp from Vizzal suggested she felt it too. They were very close to the source of this area's dark force presence. He turned to Vizzal, "Which way do you say we go?" Then he looked at Tyran, "Can you feel anything near here? Anything strange at all?"

Torkin knew the man wasn't a Jedi but that didn't mean he wasn't somewhat force sensitive. And even non-force sensitives could feel some dark presences.

Lyell

Oh Vizzal did more than gasp. Beneath that robe she shuddered,rubbing her arms as her tails quiverd. Gut instinct, haunting chills, those in tune with the force recognized it as a message, usually being that something is wrong. Vizzal glanced up but could divine nothing other than traffic and city lights. "Not above us. Perhaps below?" she querried as she glanced groundward. "Tyran? In your scannings have you come across cities with underground facilities?"
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Paugus

Tyran looked between the two Jedi curiously. "I.. huh. It just feels.. dark. Depressing. We -are- in an alley." He follows Vizzal's gaze down, frowning. "I.. there were a few strange readings from below, I thought it was just seismic activity, or something. Earthquakes. But..." He reaches up and brushes the hair out of his eyes, looking up to them again.

"They could've been caused by shielded underground facilities, to block off scans. I was wondering why they always just cut out.." He looks around. ".. I don't know where to go from here. Can you two find an.. entrance, or something, some way to at least get us inside?"

Justme

*Ranit  was lounging in a darkened doorway hiding from the gangs of boys who roamed the slums looking for trouble. Shed been found once and that was once to many. It was only luck that she had been able to escape with nothing more than ripped clothes and a busted lip and that was a few years ago before she started to look more like a girl . Her black hair done up in a tight braid that hung to her mid back. Her brown eyes flickered over the trio "What a dump... reminds me of where I grew up." she heard one of them say and instantly went on the offensive it wasn't much but it was HER home he was insulting. Well if he was going to insult it he would have to pay a toll. She stuffed her braid down inside the back of her shirt as she stepped from her hiding spot and moved towards them from behind. A first glance would have her appearing to be no more than a child, a slight figure smaller than even the smallest of the trio. Dressed in well worn patched shapeless clothing that hung on her small frame  a gray hooded cape thrown over one shoulder. Bumping into the mouthy man she glared at him " Watch where I'm walking!" and moving quickly past him some small trinket of his coming with her. She would stop and look at her prize once she was safely away. No need alerting him by running.

Paugus

Tyran's fingers twitch as he walks, anxious for trouble. Next thing he knows, a small slip of a child bumps into him from behind, staggering him a little. He blinks, visibly confused as she scootches past them, yelling out "Watch where I'm walking!" He stared at her for a few moments, wondering how the heck that made sense. A very quiet "Wait.." Suddenly he patted himself down quickly, focusing around his belt - ah. He squatted down slightly and moved forward quickly and quietly, moving to just behind her as she reaches a corner to freedom. He reached out a hand to grab the back of her clothing.

Dramen

Torkin had been focused on trying to get to whatever the source of all of this was when Tyran had turned around. A quick glance showed that he was going after a girl. That seemed strange. It was the girl that had just walked by them. Finally the haze cleared in Torkin's mind and he remembered her bumping into him. She snatched something.

Torkin didn't want to get involved in one way or the other. He simply turned to Vizzal and crossed his arms across his chest, "Well, this should be interesting."

All of the criptic stuff about finding the darkness could wait a few minutes. They needed Tyran's knowledge plus this could prove fun to watch.

Justme

* Ranit was almost to the corner and safety when she felt the tug at her cape pulling her back into the alley . She immediately stepped back stomping on his toe,  Her elbow going back to dig into his ribs. A growl erupting from her throat to make herself sound more fierce. No doubt, had she been taller or himself shorter her long nails would have raked across the mans face. Luckily for him she couldn't*

Paugus

He grunts as her elbow slams into his ribs. "C'mon now, none o' that." He shifts out to the side slightly, tugging hard on her clothes to get the girl off balance, twisting around to try and follow her down to pin her to the ground.

Lyell

Vizzal turned her head slowly to Torkin in disbelief. Once she realized he was being serious, she placed a pair of fingers to her forehead and shook her cranium slowly. "The things you suspect to be interesting more often than not lead to trouble." Still, she didn't necessarily do anything to help Tyran or stop Ranit.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Justme

Ranit was forced to the ground be the much larger mans frame. The action bringing up all sorts of buried memories. She leaned up and attempted to bite whatever was close enough to do so baring that head but him. And at that point  she wished desperately for some of her luck. Which happened in the form of a nearby piece of plasticrete rising off the ground to smash against Tyrans skull not enough to actually hurt him seriously but enough to startle him and make him feel it. The girl didnt see it rising niether would Tyran. All she would know was that her "luck" was there to save her once more. She couldnt be the dark they were looking for could she?.. No if she had been Tyran's brains would most likely have been splattered  across the pavement.

Paugus

Tyran finally started to feel like he could get the girl under control enough to start talking when a chunk of plasticrete smacked him upside the head. He grunted with surprise, trying to twist around to see what it was while keeping Ranit pinned - his eyes away from Ranit's head meant his hand didn't move and she was able to sink her teeth into his fingers. "Agh! Damn it!" Ripping them free he quickly sits back onto her legs, shoving the plasticrete out of the way. "Calm down, will ya? We're not going to do anything to you, just give back the damn holovid!"

Justme

Glaring at him, she pulled something from her sleeve, throwing it as far away from the man as she could. Her hope was he would go to retrieve it leaving her free to run the other direction. Hopefully to disappear before he found it to be no more than an old news-disc. She wasnt to happy to give that up but his disc sound much more profitable.

Paugus

Tyran wasn't lying when he said he'd grown up in a place like this. "Nice try, kid. Now go grab it and bring it back to be in my hand. Oh, and you see those two over there?" He hooks a thumb towards the two Jedi. "Prolly more trouble than you wanna deal with. They're waitin' for the opportunity to give ya a good punchin', but I ain't gonna let 'em -unless- you give me the holovid back. Okay?" He looks.. mean. Obviously it's -very- important to him.. he slowly gets off her legs, moving to block her exit so she can go fetch whatever she threw into the corner.

Lyell

Vizzal for the moment watched Ranit with a somber face. Upon eyeing the plasticrete rise off the ground, she was reminded of the fate that may have befallen her had the council not found her. While certainly not very imposing looking on her own, the Twi'lek could have been hiding a myriad of devices beneath that coat.

Dramen

Torkin watched the whole scene unfold with calm enjoyment. The permacrete surprised him though. Not the fact that she hit the Merc with a slab of permacrete but the fact that she did it with the force. He walked up to the girl and said. "How about coming along with us? We are searching for some things around here that you might have insight into. What do you say?"

He ignored the looks he got from everyone around. She was native and force sensitive plus didn't have the set viewpoint of the Jedi. It was obvious that they needed her with them. Obvious to him at least.

Justme

She glared around at the trio. The female Twi'lek blocking one end of the alley the loudmouth the other and the .. she didnt have a rude nickname for him yet but she was sure she would have one given enough time   giving her an offer she felt she wasnt going to be able to refuse. She edged around him warily as she moved to the news-disc picking it up and palming it without thining back into her sleeves. Looking about the three she grimaces slightly. " Like I have a choice?... " If they thought she was going to come along peacefully she would soon se them straight a small grimace stealing over her features.

Lyell

Vizzal eyed Torkin with half lids and raised brows. "Have you, lost your mind?" Her eyes turned to Ranit. "No offence, but..." She guestured twords the plasticrete. "untrained force powers weilded with emotion are about as unwieldy as a bantha herd in a thunderstorm."

Justme

She looks at the Twi'lek blankly obviously not understanding the nature her "luck" has taken. But catching her words to the man she grins at her. "You mean he has one?....My Ma always said.. you cant miss what you never had.. Same  goes for loosing things "

Paugus

Tyran lets out a snort and then laughs quietly, eyeing Torkin and murmuring "Well she's spot on there."

Dramen

Torkin laughed off their comments. He knew it was risky taking on an untrained force user but it also could be helpful in their current situation. He eyed them all, "I assure you I know exactly what I'm doing. This might be the key that leads us exactly where we want to go."

He turned and looked in the direction they were going before then turned back to the group, "Shall we my new friends?" He caught the glance from Vizzal, "And old friends of course."

Lyell

Vizzal absently rubbed her forehead again. She felt a headache comming on. Not one of ill-condition, no. Just one of needless complication. "I am beginning to question my previous assessment of that, yes." Came the reply to Ranit's retort and grin. Her furrowed features unelenting, her glance moved up to Torkin again. "I certainly hope you know what you're doing."

Paugus

Tyran rubbed his cheek, murmuring. "I've got a bad feeling about this..." He blinked, and beckoned to Ranit. "And oy. Holovid. Oh, and... what's your name, kid?"

Justme

She eyed him warily passing over the news-disc. She thought about lying  but decided against it something about the three letting her know she was outmatched. She would have to bide her time. " Ranit" .. Just because she would concede they have the upper hand doesnt mean she has to give everything away for free. She grinned a bit. The wanted to go to the ruins?... Well She'd let them wander a bit before selling them the information they were looking for. she'd only been down below once or twice herself and it wasnt an experiance she was eager to repeat.