Any One Piece fans? - Marine needed

Started by Kaizen, August 26, 2010, 02:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaizen

We're going to need a marine or two for the RP.  If interested please post either here or on the OOC thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=80741.0

Feeling out the scene to see if anyone is interested in joining/starting up a One Piece RP.

My idea is to start everyone without any devil fruit powers, and as we journey we will eventually come across some fruits.  Character development/strength should progress as the RP goes

I am also receptive to any ideas/collaboration.  I would like this to be a group effort RP where everyone (or a majority of the crew) has a part in deciding the story direction instead of a single GM.  However the main goal should eventually lie somewhere within the Grand Line as that is where all of the best action will be.  Once enough interest is shown, an OOC/plot thread will be started and we can discuss details.

DKDBSD

Erm are we able to choose the devils fruit we get? Do we have to have a devils fruit and when is this set exactly?

Kaizen

It is not mandatory to have a devil fruit no.  Players could be swordsman or cyborg like Franky...  Any new concepts are welcome.

In the story, I think there was a book that told what each fruit was, we would need that book or a similar guide - or a NPC that would know which fruit was which could tell the players.  Otherwise it would be random with paramecia (sp?) and zoan more common than logia types.

If the majority of players want to start out with powers, then that would be okay. 

DKDBSD

Quote from: Kaizen on August 27, 2010, 06:57:51 AM
It is not mandatory to have a devil fruit no.  Players could be swordsman or cyborg like Franky...  Any new concepts are welcome.

In the story, I think there was a book that told what each fruit was, we would need that book or a similar guide - or a NPC that would know which fruit was which could tell the players.  Otherwise it would be random with paramecia (sp?) and zoan more common than logia types.

If the majority of players want to start out with powers, then that would be okay.

I see well I wouldn't mind earning it but I'd want my girl to acquire a very specific one. It's one I created for her I will be frank it is inspired by Byakuya (of Bleach's) power. I'm still in the midst of making differences the hard part is thinking up technique names. XD I have two named (well more then that but the other ones are kind of uber moves and thus would be unavailable so early on.) in a nutshell I'd want a specific one which I called the "Hira Hira no Mi - A logia Cherry Blossom fruit.

Kaizen

Interesting fruit!  I don't see why you couldn't have it, as long as you maoderate the strength and learn techniques as we go.  Perhaps that could be our first quest to get your fruit.

Ideally, I would still like two more people to join up, but if you're interested, we can start soon - probably monday and pick up people as we go.

Wolfy

Blarg..I'd join in...

Not sure what kind of Fruit I'd like, though...either Logia or Mythic Zoan.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Kaizen on August 27, 2010, 10:55:34 AM
Interesting fruit!  I don't see why you couldn't have it, as long as you maoderate the strength and learn techniques as we go.  Perhaps that could be our first quest to get your fruit.

Ideally, I would still like two more people to join up, but if you're interested, we can start soon - probably monday and pick up people as we go.

Yeah I like to moderate character growth anyways. I'd also have a marine character in pursuit. Really I'd be using two One pie versions of two of my existing characters.

Kaizen

that's 3, very good!  Like I said in the fist post, I want this RP to be a collaborative effort. 

Are there any plots either of you would like to develop or discuss?

Wolfy

Dunno...I was thinking about having my guy be a swordsman who ate the Yamato No Orochi Mythic Zoan...who uses the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi sword..well...as his sword. O_o (You see, said sword was found in the Orochi's tail by Susanoo...so I figure my guy can pull it out when he wishes. :P)

But then again, I'm still not set on the idea just yet. o3o

DKDBSD

Quote from: Kaizen on August 27, 2010, 11:11:09 AM
that's 3, very good!  Like I said in the fist post, I want this RP to be a collaborative effort. 

Are there any plots either of you would like to develop or discuss?

Well I'm going to give it a whirl for this one as well (as plots change based on the circumstances) but my two initial characters Kimiko and Kain (aka Katsu) are twins one a pirate one a marine. With Katsu wanting to stop Kimiko and there father (I think I estimated as a low key grand line pirate possibly low key new world. So strong but not at the same level as the uber pirates. Possibly the equivalent strength as say the White beard commanders.

Erm Wolfy that seems a bit insane maybe you could elaborate?

Wolfy

Hmm?

The Yamato No Orochi is a legendary Mythical Creature, much like Marco's Phoenix. It's a dragon with 8 heads and 8 tails. Inside one of the tails is a sword, The Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, which is a legendary, god-like sword in Japan. o3o

What's not to get?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Wolfy on August 27, 2010, 11:21:21 AM
Hmm?

The Yamato No Orochi is a legendary Mythical Creature, much like Marco's Phoenix. It's a dragon with 8 heads and 8 tails. Inside one of the tails is a sword, The Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, which is a legendary, god-like sword in Japan. o3o

What's not to get?

I never said I didn't get it I said it sounded insane. I guess with moderation it would work because I just remember a cannon captain has that combination. (Swords and Mythical Zoan) Drake I believe. Pretty good considering my One Piece OC's (only one of them was created for One Piece though).

Kimiko (dancer styled combatant - Hira Hira no Mi)
Kain ( Swords man styled. I initially gave him his official main sword but in the most recent version he's yet to obtain it (father has it) and currently wields a cutlass and an unusual Katana. (Created in that rp) He has minor Haki control i've never rpied this form long enough for him to acquire control.

Felix (Apprentice CP9 member  he has a chimp called Jack (lame) wants a monkey Zoan fruit and due to is partly pacifistic nature would initially be only a master of Soru, Rankyaku and Geppou (so only one of the offensive manoeuvres. Thats mastered by the way. I haven't had much chance to use him yet.)

Elena (Newly gained a One Piece style I've not used her yet but she's supposed to be an Amazon with Glaive Snake Bow and Haki. )

The latter two would be Kains subordinates in a "Crush the uber pirates" styled Marine crew

Kaizen

Quote from: Wolfy on August 27, 2010, 11:16:03 AM
Dunno...I was thinking about having my guy be a swordsman who ate the Yamato No Orochi Mythic Zoan...who uses the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi sword..well...as his sword. O_o (You see, said sword was found in the Orochi's tail by Susanoo...so I figure my guy can pull it out when he wishes. :P)

But then again, I'm still not set on the idea just yet. o3o

I can see it happening.  I like the idea about the character being able to produce their own weapon. Please develop a little further so I can understand better.  How will you moderate the character's strength?  I see it being pretty badass right from the start, but my idea was to have the characters develop and grow in strength as the story progresses.  Also could you please describe your character's hybrid form?

Quote from: DKDBSD on August 27, 2010, 11:17:16 AM
Well I'm going to give it a whirl for this one as well (as plots change based on the circumstances) but my two initial characters Kimiko and Kain (aka Katsu) are twins one a pirate one a marine. With Katsu wanting to stop Kimiko and there father (I think I estimated as a low key grand line pirate possibly low key new world. So strong but not at the same level as the uber pirates. Possibly the equivalent strength as say the White beard commanders.

I like the concept of having a sibling chase the crew.  Why would the sibling want to stop us other than the fact they were a marine and we would be pirates?  I also like the idea of haveing a more powerful ally (your character's father) that could step in and add to plot.  - Do I have it right or am I misunderstanding?

Wolfy

Actually, X. Drake has an Ancient Zoan that lets him become a Dinosaur. o3o

Then again, I could also go with a Mythical Zoan that allows the transformation into a White Wolf who controls the Sun (So, fire, heat, that stuff) or Nature (Plants, etc.), Ala Amateratsu from O-Kami.

And..I dunno how I would moderate his power. lol.

But, as with most Zoan users (Especially now) I'd figure that he would have had said powers long enough to control his transformation more, thus being able to only change certain body parts at a time if he wished.

You've also go to understand that the Yamato no Orochi is MASSIVE (like, Literally, it's full form would take up at least 1/8 of a Normal Island. Lol) So..he probably won't go into Full Form that often if I choose to go that route. :P

But yeah..Hybrid form would be something like sprouting Dragon heads, Tails, Feet, hands..scales, etc, etc.

Of course, at full power, said scales would be as hard as steel..with one vulnerable spot (As with most dragons) where the scale is reversed. o3o

DKDBSD

The story is kind of emoish but in a nut shell because of people who left Kains fathers crew Kain believes all pirates are scum (fair enough logic really) he wants to stophis father and his sister to elevate the shame on his family. Basically the father initially trained Kain in swordmanship and is the reason for his methods and believes (IE a crap swordsman doesn't deserve a good sword. Similar to Kuina ( I just realised that similarity actually) XD but different reasoning. Emo story short villiage was destroyed all the women were taken (after that Kain joined the marines and Kimiko eventually escaped from her buyer how gave her, her fruit. (The length of time is quite big ie captured as children.) Sorry that's a bit of a "mouthful"

Erm so far I've seen no distinction (stated in the series ) between mythical and ancient

Wolfy

Ancient lets you turn into Extinct Animals.

Mythic lets you turn into Cryptids/Legendary Animals.

Ancient is very rare, but not as rare as Logia.

Mythic is rarer than Logia, possibly the rarest fruit in existence.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Wolfy on August 27, 2010, 11:45:39 AM
Ancient lets you turn into Extinct Animals.

Mythic lets you turn into Cryptids/Legendary Animals.

Ancient is very rare, but not as rare as Logia.

Mythic is rarer than Logia, possibly the rarest fruit in existence.

... The series has never stated a difference I know what the difference was. But until the series indicates it I think they would be the same class. Unless you can tell me where it said that. I mean officially by the way. If it's the latest chapter I shall see when I read it later.

Wolfy

It doesn't outrightly state it, beside the Mythic being rarer.

It's just fact. X-Drake is said to have an Ancient Zoan. That lets him turn into an Extinct Animal (A Dinosaur)

Marco Is said to have a Mythic Zoan, which lets him turn into a Phoenix.

Mythic Zoans also bestow more powers than the normal Zoan, because of the Mythic nature of it's beasts. Such as Marco being able to regenerate himself using fire. (He also possibly unkillable (Save by a Sea-stone strike and drowning) Because of the whole Phoenix immortality thing)

Both are filed under Zoan, they are just different classes of Zoan. o3o

DKDBSD

Anyways what were your plans Kaizan?

Kaizen

Dang I'm only up-to-date on the anime.  I suppose I'll have to read the manga too.

The RP will start monday, unless another idea develops, we'll start off in South Blue looking for DKDBSD's fruit.  We'll be using a treasure map to find the fruit.

I'll have my character concept posted sometime later today.

Thanks guys

Kaizen

Quote from: DKDBSD on August 27, 2010, 12:04:22 PM
Anyways what were your plans Kaizan?

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking paramecia - invisibility fruit.  I'm also considering not being a fruit user at all, just really strong like Garp or maybe a fishman - I like playing other races for some reason.

I'll let you and wolfy have a say in what my characet is.  Any ideas?

DKDBSD

Quote from: Kaizen on August 27, 2010, 12:07:27 PM
Dang I'm only up-to-date on the anime.  I suppose I'll have to read the manga too.

The RP will start monday, unless another idea develops, we'll start off in South Blue looking for DKDBSD's fruit.  We'll be using a treasure map to find the fruit.

I'll have my character concept posted sometime later today.

Thanks guys

Ah man I hate waiting. XD Do you have a skeleton for us to fill in? Also how long would our characters have known each other? 

Oooo a fish man would be interesting.

How a out a tiger shark fishman!

Kaizen

Quote from: DKDBSD on August 27, 2010, 12:12:19 PM
Ah man I hate waiting. XD Do you have a skeleton for us to fill in? Also how long would our characters have known each other? 

Oooo a fish man would be interesting.

How a out a tiger shark fishman!

I like that, tigershark fishman it is.  No skeleton per se.  Just write something up and post, I like to develop characters as I go.

Characters could have known each other for a while.  Or, y'all could use my character as a link to draw everyone together.  I think it would be more cohesive if our characters would have known each other for at least a year.

DKDBSD

Erm ok in my original rp I've elaborated it took her five years to learn to use if. What I could do (as actually combat is a good way of practising) is she's still been combat training. By as she doesn't have the fruit she can't learn to use it exactly but she can havean idea that she wants it and would have developed (in her mind at least) a few techniques. Kimiko will likely start off as duel knife wielder with a speed and agility based combat style. So she would be the weakest (in brute strength and defence out of them all.) however if they've known each other for a year they would have been able to spar and such so she would still be pretty strong. That of course works for Wolfy's and your characters as well.

Kaizen

I don't have any objections to that concept.

You will need to think of a weakness to your character's power.  You don't have to tell me or wolfy, but there does need to be a balance.  Just like wolfy's character will have the weakspot scale.