News:

Main Menu

Who cosplay?

Started by Funguy81, March 20, 2013, 09:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funguy81

Hey there. I just did my first attempt at cosplaying at a local convention, and I found it was actually pretty fun. Meeting new people in different costumes.

So the question I ask you, if you could cosplay as something...who or what would you be?

CmdrRenegade

What was your cosplay?

I might also have to answer who I've been so far since I picked this up.  I've been Roronoa Zoro from One Piece, Kohta Hirano from High School of the Dead, and Sky High from Tiger & Bunny.  I want to be Commander Shepard most of all right now.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

mayovagn

I would have to go as Orac from Blakes 7...

*Smiles*

M.
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: mayovagn on March 22, 2013, 12:09:45 AM
I would have to go as Orac from Blakes 7...

*Smiles*

M.

But he's just a little plastic box.

SweetSerenade

I cosplay. Generally it's OC characters, but sometimes I'll cosplay canon characters (It's really rare though)... Usually my Canon cosplays are Female Martial Arts Turk(FFVII: Before Crisis) and Yuugao Uzuki (Naruto)

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

RampantDesires

I never go to a convention without my Kaylee (Firefly) costume.  Its so freaking comfortable not to mention adorable*nods sagely*.  Cosplay is a great icebreaker I've made some pretty awesome friends through it.  Makes me wish I were more handy (or at all really) with a sewing machine.  It is absolutely amazing what people can recreate.

My 'dream' cosplay would have to be the red leather Mord-Sith costumes from Legend of the Seeker.  So freaking badass, detailed, and sexy without showing skin. 

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Spell

I cosplay as well. Usually as Gideon Graves from the Scott Pilgrim universe
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Callie Del Noire

I am assembling a Harry Dresden costume.. I WAS going to wear it at Megacon.. but it was heavy and it's a LONG LONG walk around.. so I'll be wearing it at Ancient City Con

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 22, 2013, 09:15:33 PM
I am assembling a Harry Dresden costume.. I WAS going to wear it at Megacon.. but it was heavy and it's a LONG LONG walk around.. so I'll be wearing it at Ancient City Con
OH MY GODDESS! I want pictures of that :D Dresden is amazing!

SinXAzgard21

Me and the wife are doing Umbrella Corps army cosplays at Sakuracon next week.  I'll have her upload pics to the wiki when we get them.  I also have links on Fetlife and Facebook.  If you do want to see them just PM me and I'll be more than happy to add you on either site.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 22, 2013, 10:30:58 PM
Me and the wife are doing Umbrella Corps army cosplays at Sakuracon next week.  I'll have her upload pics to the wiki when we get them.  I also have links on Fetlife and Facebook.  If you do want to see them just PM me and I'll be more than happy to add you on either site.

Hey! Your Golden's hubby! I'm supposed to Meet you guys :D

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: SweetSerenade on March 22, 2013, 10:34:02 PM
Hey! Your Golden's hubby! I'm supposed to Meet you guys :D

That would be me.  I do believe that is the plan.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 22, 2013, 10:44:19 PM
That would be me.  I do believe that is the plan.

Mmm I'll see what I can manage, either it'll be the red gown you see in my avatar (most likely), or... my Dr.Who OC... depends on who I'm around... but I'll likely wear the red dress... now if I could only get my hair to like me enough to be poofy a bit... XD

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: SweetSerenade on March 22, 2013, 10:47:42 PM

Mmm I'll see what I can manage, either it'll be the red gown you see in my avatar (most likely), or... my Dr.Who OC... depends on who I'm around... but I'll likely wear the red dress... now if I could only get my hair to like me enough to be poofy a bit... XD

That is cool, being comfortable is all that maters.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 22, 2013, 10:49:15 PM
That is cool, being comfortable is all that maters.

Comfort isn't the object with me, more like... who will I be hanging out with the most...during my short amount of 'me time' at con XD I'm working both nights of con... from 8pm to 8am XD As a Shift Coordinator for all the AV gear...

But yeah, either way... that red dress is one of my favorites, but I have several Dr.Who cosplayers who are like "NUUUU you HAVE to do this! Join us! JOIN US!" and I'm going... *shoulder sag* fine...

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: SweetSerenade on March 22, 2013, 10:51:10 PM
Comfort isn't the object with me, more like... who will I be hanging out with the most...during my short amount of 'me time' at con XD I'm working both nights of con... from 8pm to 8am XD As a Shift Coordinator for all the AV gear...

But yeah, either way... that red dress is one of my favorites, but I have several Dr.Who cosplayers who are like "NUUUU you HAVE to do this! Join us! JOIN US!" and I'm going... *shoulder sag* fine...

Honestly you should do what you want.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 22, 2013, 10:57:44 PM
Honestly you should do what you want.

LOL, The Archivist is a character I want to do... but the problem lies in the fact that last year... when I showed up as her... and spoke to a few people... I was completely ignored at the photoshoot, even by the couple of people who knew me. No one went "Hey, wanna join us for some pictures"... I ended up getting shoved to the side, and ignored. So I figured "She doesn't stand out enough." But now I have a group of cosplayers, who want me to join THEM. Sarah Jane, 10th Doctor, 11th Doctor, and two Jack Harkness...

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: SweetSerenade on March 22, 2013, 10:59:44 PM
LOL, The Archivist is a character I want to do... but the problem lies in the fact that last year... when I showed up as her... and spoke to a few people... I was completely ignored at the photoshoot, even by the couple of people who knew me. No one went "Hey, wanna join us for some pictures"... I ended up getting shoved to the side, and ignored. So I figured "She doesn't stand out enough." But now I have a group of cosplayers, who want me to join THEM. Sarah Jane, 10th Doctor, 11th Doctor, and two Jack Harkness...

I'm sorry people where rude like that, but it is good that this year you have people that want to do photos with you.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 22, 2013, 11:19:04 PM
I'm sorry people where rude like that, but it is good that this year you have people that want to do photos with you.

MMHMM, It also depends on the weather, what people wear. You guys will be lucky, there is a huge RE cosplay group at Sakuracon :D

Stella

Quote from: Spell on March 22, 2013, 09:08:16 PM
I cosplay as well. Usually as Gideon Graves from the Scott Pilgrim universe

That is a seriously awesome cosplay subject!

Funguy81

Wow...that was quite an exchange. I would have responded sooner to the first reply, but I been busy as hell. The I cosplayed as an imperial guardman from star wars.

Ephiral

Not yet... but soon, hopefully. I've been trawling the Internet looking for decent designs for Rescue from the Iron Man series... and come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to somehow piece my own together. Getting increasingly nervous about this.

SinXAzgard21

After Sakuracon I am to begin working on my Gears costume, Halo and Warhammer as well.

Oniya

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 22, 2013, 01:36:11 AM
But he's just a little plastic box.

Mr. Oniya is currently threatening to work up a Dalek cosplay to balance out the abundance of 9th, 10th, and 11th Doctors that we saw this weekend.

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on March 25, 2013, 07:18:40 PM
Mr. Oniya is currently threatening to work up a Dalek cosplay to balance out the abundance of 9th, 10th, and 11th Doctors that we saw this weekend.

Don't make me break out my sonic screwdriver!