Canyon o' Doom!!! [Deadlands]

Started by BraveEarth, October 27, 2012, 06:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BraveEarth

Looks like you underspent your Aptitude Points You spend 1 per level if that was the confusion. If you want to up your survival chances Size is the the key because of how the wound system works. Also keep in mind armor helps soak some of the damage roll as well. Guts is always helpful given that you will see a great deal of Guts Checks in any game. Also the Fightin' Aptitude needs a Concentration. From what I'm reading your character seems to be a tracker sort you may want to look into a Long ranged Pistol or Rifle... 

Also to all listening Smith and Robards is located in The City of Gloom, which is Salt Lake City. So if you want to go shopping for anything esoteric like that you can and not have to wait for shipping. Just throwing that out there.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: BraveEarth on December 03, 2012, 12:01:15 AM
I'm still around it looks like we have 4 maybe 5 all together which works in our favour ^.^ Sadly given the time of year this might be a slow game. I've been obsessing over the system a great deal atleast. I would like one more but I'm not going to hold up the start for that.

Haven't found my notes yet, might have to rebuild from memory.

Wanted to point out that because things usually DO slow down so much around the holidays, it might not be a bad plan to spend December sort of roleplaying the party into a party...Creating cross-connections, backstory, flashbacks and past interactions that bind the characters together beyond 'You have all been given this mission'...And then launch in January?

Just a thought!

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

BraveEarth

I don't mind that idea so long as everyone else doesn't.

Chazy

Works for me. Just adjusting my character a bit before resubmitting him for approval.
Life is short. Live everyday as if it will be your last. For it may very well be.

BraveEarth

Alright I am officially done for this semester so anyone needing help with their characters or have questions or suggestions. Please speak up.

Muse

Still here, bro. 

Do I know the effects of the blessing on my tomahawks?  Or is it a mystery? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BraveEarth

I'm looking over my relic creation guide and the ghost dancers book and Haven't quite decided yet.

EDIT: Muse given that Carnival is going to be using that Source Book and it gives Indian PC a bit of an edge with some things I would reccommend looking it over. Atleast to gain a Guardian Spirit.

Chazy

My appologies folks. My grandmother passed away last friday and that was the final straw with not able to see my kids and getting somewhat depressed during the holiday season, I am sinking into a deep slump. All the drive I have is to just lay down and pray this nightmare will end. I need to shake this melencholy before it consumes me from within. Will have the next three days off so will do my best to catch up then. Thank you for your patience.
Life is short. Live everyday as if it will be your last. For it may very well be.

SGTDan

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

BraveEarth

This is still going... Like we discussed elsewhere. Although Holidays may kill it.

Chazy

Or slow it down to a stand still till the holidays are over.

BraveEarth

Well that stand still could lead to momentum and interest being lost in the game is all.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BraveEarth

How is everyone doing now that the holidays will soon be winding down?

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Welp, I had to reconstruct this from scratch. Unfortunately, all I could find was my PMs to you, BraveEarth, and none of my earlier scribblings. Somewhere out there is a file with it, but...

Anyway:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Diehw'-Hashta'al-Ga'ageh (Sparrow She Sings To Raven') (That's probably just "Sparrow" to you, billigana.)
Player: Carnival of the Goat
Birthday: Mid-Winter
Height: 5'1
Weight: 105
Skin: ruddy bronze
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

Grit = 0(1 for Harrowing, due to Ghost Medicine Way)
Pace = 12
Size = 6
Wind = 18

Edges:
Arcane Background (Shaman): 3
Guardian Spirit (Raven): 10
Belongin's (Anointed Paint): 1

Hindrances:
Bloodthirsty: -2
Enemy (Comanche): -3
Illiterate: -3
Stubborn: -2

Favors:
Bless Item (Blessing) (double)...Special.
Pact (Blessing) (double)...Special.
Healing (Earth) (double)...Special.
Shapeshifting (Ghost)...1 AP from spirit gives 90 minutes of Raven form (gear does not come with).
Horned Owl's Fury (War)...2 AP gives wpn +1 die of dmg...Lasts 6 rounds.
Spirit Warrior...(War) Each AP adds 1 lvl to Dodge, Fightin’ or Shootin’ Bow...Lasts 4 hours.
Strength of the Bear...(War) 2 AP gives d10 Strength, 4 AP gives d12+2 Strength...Lasts 6 rounds.
Wilderness Walk (Apache - Does not count against max favors.)...2AP, +8 to Sneakin', impossible to track...Lasts as long as it is concentrated on. Doesn't work within 50' of any inhabited areas/settlements.

Cognition (1d12)
----- Arts: Carvin': 1
----- Ritual (Paint): 3
----- Search: 1 (free)

Deftness (3d6)
----- Shootin' Rifles: 2
-----  Ritual (Sand Painting): 3

Knowledge (4d8)
----- Area Knowledge (Apache County, AZ): 2 (free)
----- Language (Athabaskan(Jicarilla Apache)): Native (free)
----- Language (English): 1
----- Language (Indian Sign): 1
----- Medicine (General): 1
----- Tribal Customs (Apache): 1 (free)

Mien (2d6)
----- Performin' (Drummin): 1

Nimbleness (3d12)
----- Climbin': 1 (free)
----- Dodge: 1
----- Fightin' (Tomahawk): 4
----- Horse Ridin': 1
----- Ritual (Dance): 5
----- Sneak: 1 (free)

Quickness (2d6)

Smarts (1d12)
----- Survival: 1

Spirit (4d12)
----- Faith: 1
----- Guts: 2
----- Ritual (Spirit Song): 5 (free with 5-point Guardian Spirit)

Strength (4d6)

Vigor (4d6)

Gear: Horse, Blanket, Winchester '73 Rifle, 100 rds ammo, Tomahawk (Stone Head), Buckskin chaps (Armor -2), Hide Shield (+1 die to Dodge), Coup Stick, Fancy dress shirt, Moccasins, Duster, Jackknife, Anointed Paint, Pouch of Tobacco, Pouch of Salt, Drum, Medicine Bundle, $22.35 in Union money.

Sparrow has been effectively made unwelcome in Apache lands...Not cast out, but certainly not loved...Due to her mother's participation in the Raven Cult. Worked as an Indian Scout for the Confederates and possibly for some bounty hunters. Northern Utah Territory isn't Apache country, but its southern end fringes on Apache and Navajo territory, and the Navajo are relatively Apache friendly as the Apache fight some of their battles for them. Sparrow could easily be tied to the party due to a vision (one nice thing about visions, they can be pretty damned arbitrary! If Raven said 'Find such and such a bunch of whites and help them, well...There you go!) She does not have Kemosabe, hates sleeping in town, drums at odd hours of the night and early morning, and her English is poor. The neighbors will love her. Honest.

Edit: Tweaked her possessions a little, on reflection. Still very much a work in progress! Need to hammer on her background, her fear, etc.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

P.S. Muse, do you still need help with Ghost Dancers? I PMed you, sorry about the delay.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Chazy

well, I am still dealing with the holiday blues. With my grandmother dieing, not able to see my kids, and getting sick over the holidays.......I think I am good considering. Still alive at least.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Very sorry to hear, Chazy. Hope that things look up for you soon.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Muse

Carny is helping me out, but I'm away from my computer 'til friday.