Gaming Critic TotalBiscuit hospitalized

Started by Skynet, May 01, 2018, 02:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skynet

A statement from the man himself posted on behalf of the mod team.

For those not in the know, John Bain/TotalBiscuit is a prominent gaming reviewer and critic who was diagnosed with cancer 3 years ago. Doctors speculated that he only had a few years to live. He's been using chemotherapy for some time, but as of late this does not seem to be effective anymore. Judging by this statement there's a chance he may not be long for this world.

I used to watch TB back in the day, but drifted away from him for various reasons. Still, he did help me make wife purchasing decisions for various games and I found him to be a good reviewer. Regardless of that, cancer is a terrible way to go; I hope that the rest of his moments on Earth are the best that they can be.

:-(

Sain

Mmh also used to watch many dozen hours of his content. It was sad to hear of his decline initially. Sad still to hear the treatment now begins to fail :-( Hopefully he will have a few more good moments at least. The last stretch of cancer can be so heavy.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Sara Nilsson

Used to watch his stuff the moment it came up, lately he hasn't done much other than cooptional that I honestly don't care for so it was a surprise to hear he has got that much worse. I will miss his shoutcraft tournaments, those where amazing.

Sara Nilsson

:( so incredibly sad. Such a young man taken way to early. Will miss him for sure.

Edit: now that the shock is less. I will miss his passion and yeah he could be rather abrasive but fuck it. who isn't at times? But my greatest thanks is to him for opening up about the cancer and urging people to get checked out if they find themselves bleeding back there. I know I am glad I did when i noticed some blood back there.