News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Ewoks Snack Shack and Bar

Started by whiteflame, February 27, 2009, 09:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snow

amazing! i just wrote a poem that i love XD
RAWR! (it means i love you in dinosaur =S)

i do not understand what i do...it is no longer I myself who dose it, but it is evil living in me...for what i do not the good i want to do; no, the evil i do not want to do---this i keep on doing...i fined this law at work when i see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the laws of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of evil, i my self in my mind am a slave to goods laws, but in the evil nature a slave to the laws of evil

whiteflame

I'll go read!! If I only knew how to read!  :'(

snow

i do not understand what i do...it is no longer I myself who dose it, but it is evil living in me...for what i do not the good i want to do; no, the evil i do not want to do---this i keep on doing...i fined this law at work when i see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the laws of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of evil, i my self in my mind am a slave to goods laws, but in the evil nature a slave to the laws of evil

whiteflame

I like it!

Going to need to go for a bit, Upgrading a server.  Always fun!!

*Waves Bye*

MzNurse

*restocks all the goodies and drinks and leaves all the boxes and brownies*
I love to bake, White Flame, and this is the only place I actually have time to do it...
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

saberblue

For reference, Snow, wonderful poem.  The fire motif at the start of the poem actually reminded me a fair bit of the first line in Robert Frost's (I think, it might have been Poe!) Fire and Ice.  I'll have to check later on...but it's a poem I've always much enjoyed.

*noms goodies*  Thank you, MzNurse!  And a very good morning to you!
O/O and Character Roster: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=31407.0

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man - let history make its own judgments."

MzNurse

everyone help themselves.  and Happy Friday!

snow

i think im going to organize the poem thred, i have like 5 poems on there but there spread out, by the way, good morning everyone!!!!!!!!  ;D

snow

woot ok now there all on my first post, and thank you for your encouragement i plan on writing and posting more =D

saberblue

Excellent. ^^  I'll check them out as soon as I've got time. *whizzes off*

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man - let history make its own judgments."

MzNurse

*refills everything and leaves the boxes of goodies and Snow's brownies.* Morning everyone

Lolli

-pops head in, grins- HELLO ALL!
I'm back for the time being! -grabs goodies, stuffs face-
Guess who's back? ;]
Sorry for the lack of posts to all my RP partners! MWAH

Tweethearts.

saberblue

Lolli

-joins dance, continues stuffing face- Gawd, love chocolate.
Guess who's back? ;]

Tweethearts.

Lolli

Quote from: saberblue on March 04, 2009, 05:46:06 PM
Hmm...it's actually not that hard to be a guy.  I've been a guy for, like, 20 years, and I don't have to put any effort into it. XD

Okay...I know that probably doesn't help...at all...sorry...^^;

-scoffs- I didn't see that until just now.  ::)
Guess who's back? ;]

Tweethearts.

saberblue

Quote from: Lolli Rae on March 07, 2009, 06:10:58 PM
-joins dance, continues stuffing face- Gawd, love chocolate.

Chocolate...*gobble gobble*...is...*munch munch*...WONDERFUL stuff! 

And...um...in all seriousness, as far as advice goes on playing male characters...I don't actually imagine that it would be too difficult, depending on the nature of the character that you're playing.  Is this character in a specific role, or in a specific position? 

Maybe this is just me, speaking from a single male perspective that might be somewhat skewed...but I know that males worry too much sometimes.  We can be control freaks.  We try to be responsible, and we try - in a lot of cases - to make things work, even when in a lot of cases they're doomed to failure.  We are flawed, and yet we strive, in many cases, to be flawless, despite the fact that by our very male natures we oft doom ourselves to failure.  And...trust me...we doom ourselves a lot, because we are very, very flawed.  We are indeed but simple creatures, but we strive to be something more.

Okay, so I guess I'm talking more about being a Level-1 lawful good Paladin than I am about talking about being male.  But...to me, that's I guess what being 'a guy' means. ^^;  I hope I'm not being too confusing.

*ewoks join in the dance, and bring forth goodies and steak, because they owe me one*

Lolli

That actually makes perfect sense. -steals a bite of steak-
Especially in the situation my male character is in, that whole "worry too much, flawed but trying to be flawless" deal is absolutely perfection.
I'm totally ripping you off now xD

I'm mostly worried about the way I talk playing male, though. I don't want to say something too "girly".
But I'm not entirely sure how far this RP will go.. I've made a post days ago and still haven't heard back from the other person. ::)
Guess who's back? ;]

Tweethearts.

saberblue

Quote from: Lolli Rae on March 07, 2009, 06:37:30 PM
That actually makes perfect sense. -steals a bite of steak-
Especially in the situation my male character is in, that whole "worry too much, flawed but trying to be flawless" deal is absolutely perfection.
I'm totally ripping you off now xD

I'm mostly worried about the way I talk playing male, though. I don't want to say something too "girly".
But I'm not entirely sure how far this RP will go.. I've made a post days ago and still haven't heard back from the other person. ::)

*shares the steak, until a rotten little Ewok cub snatches it up on a spear, and runs*

AFTER HIM!

*Ewok minions make chase after the steak-thief.*

Believe it or not...it's not so much what you say or how you say it that sounds male or female, but the reasoning behind it.  Just like anything in-character.  If you can think like the character, become the character, focus on what's in the character's heart and mind...the rest just comes together nicely.  Practice also makes perfect. ^^  I dunno how much practice you want being a guy, though...we're really not all that exciting. XD

Feel free to rip off. ^^  I just hope that some of what I mentioned ends up useful.

I hope you do end up hearing back. ^^;  It sounds like you've put a lot of thought and a lot of effort into this one.

Lolli

That's very much true.
I have to say though, I find men more exciting then women. Probably because I'm naturally more curious about what they're thinking then other girls, since I am a girl. But, I do find it easier to talk to or hang out a group of men easier then a group of women.
I think women judge too much sometimes, like they're always saying "Her hair is prettier then hers, but my shoes are much nicer" and with guys, I don't have to worry too much about it.
Plus, I can burp in front of a group of men and get high-fives instead of gross strares. :D

-grabs spear, runs after Ewok- STEAAK! -tosses spear, Ewok escapes- Damnation.
Guess who's back? ;]

Tweethearts.

MzNurse

*restocks all the goodies and the drinks, leaves all the special boxes and Snow's brownies*

*very quietly* morning everyone. You're breathing too loud....shhhhh

snow

*walks in wih a lamp shade on his head and yawns before floping down on my pillow and akes some bights out o some brownys* good morning everyone

Lolli

Morning, all. -yawns, searches for coffee-
How was everybody's night, then?
Guess who's back? ;]

Tweethearts.

MzNurse

*hands Lolli coffee, made the way she likes it*  shhhhhh.....don't talk so loud.... *sips her own coffee*  I never realized how loud (or bright) this damn puter is...

Lolli

-takes long drink, sighs-
-whispers- Why not talk so loud? Are you hungover, missy?
Guess who's back? ;]

Tweethearts.

snow

*pulls the lamp shade down over his head and curls up in to a ball