Aetherpunk (Steampunk, Freeform, LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, July 13, 2014, 12:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazy Sky

Crash, could I ask to take one of the airship captain's on a provisional basis please? I know that I haven't put in a character sheet as yet, but I have an idea that I think could be awesome to write for a crew.
I would like to take on the role and have the captain with his crew plan to capture and then steal an airship as their first job. If that would be OK with you of course?
Loves and I are discussed characters at the moment and we should have a pair as a starting point.
I know this a big ask as we haven't written together before and if you want to look at my other posts to get a feel for my writing then please do so. If you're not happy with my request that's absolutely fine and no hard feelings.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Crash

I have no problem with that and it shouldn't keep others from playing another captain so go for it.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Crash on July 14, 2014, 09:08:55 AM
I have no problem with that and it shouldn't keep others from playing another captain so go for it.

Awesome. Thank you! You are officially a star! I will get a character sheet done ASAP to show my appreciation.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Chreestafer

Ok thanks for answering my questions :)

I'll have a concept idea up later tonight.  I'm debating a mad scientific character bent on "experiments" via Aether.  Or a trans female engineer / pirate member.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Swashbuckler

Consider me very interested...and already mentally plotting.  I may start PMing some ideas....

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Swashbuckler on July 14, 2014, 09:53:28 AM
Consider me very interested...and already mentally plotting.  I may start PMing some ideas....

Hey Swash. Loves and myself are already here and plotting together. Looks like we have ourselves an airship to steal thanks to Crash's generosity. You'd be welcome to join the crew if you like. Entirely up to you though.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Swashbuckler

Quote from: skyre on July 14, 2014, 09:56:56 AM
Hey Swash. Loves and myself are already here and plotting together. Looks like we have ourselves an airship to steal thanks to Crash's generosity. You'd be welcome to join the crew if you like. Entirely up to you though.

You sir, are a mind reader.  PM incoming...

Madame Professor

Oh, I love where this is going!

Skyre- If y'all don't already have one in mind... The Maria Bella could be available for thieving.  ::)
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Madame Professor on July 14, 2014, 10:12:42 AM
Oh, I love where this is going!

Skyre- If y'all don't already have one in mind... The Maria Bella could be available for thieving.  ::)

Ooo... Interesting...
Give me a description Madame please if you don't mind? . I know what I'm looking for in a potential ship. If she matches then a target may be set. If not I'll have to dream one up. Great name for a ship by the way.

Also if you or anyone else wants to join the crew you're welcome. First come first served basis obviously. Currently Captain, an Officer role and Gunner are pencilled in, but not carved in stone if that makes sense. We're still plotting.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Crash

No problem guys.  I am around to answer questions if needed.

Swash - Good to have you aboard!

Skyre - May want to check in with BarbaraGordon. Her character has been accepted.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Loves

Henrietta is going to join the crew as well.... *flutters eyelashes*  (and Jack, her monkey friend)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Loves on July 14, 2014, 10:33:31 AM
Henrietta is going to join the crew as well.... *flutters eyelashes*  (and Jack, her monkey friend)

*Pounces on Loves*

This is exactly why it's always good to have Loves around.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Loves

*grins*

its nice to be appreciated :D

oooooo and I'd like to claim Penelope Cruz as the faceclaim for my new gal that will be a pirate lady

please and thank you

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Madame Professor

Quote from: skyre on July 14, 2014, 10:19:39 AM
Ooo... Interesting...
Give me a description Madame please if you don't mind? . I know what I'm looking for in a potential ship. If she matches then a target may be set. If not I'll have to dream one up. Great name for a ship by the way.

Also if you or anyone else wants to join the crew you're welcome. First come first served basis obviously. Currently Captain, an Officer role and Gunner are pencilled in, but not carved in stone if that makes sense. We're still plotting.

I envisioned her a bit lean, with a decent (but not too large) cargo holder and a few smaller... Secret compartments only one very familiar with her would know to look for. Quick and quiet... With a couple cannons and a few guns.. A rogue in the sky, made for speedy and deadly sneak attacks.

And I have been mulling a few character ideas about and will definitely keep that in mind! I'm leaning towards a mechanic or maybe a Fence of some sort.
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Crash

Quote from: Loves on July 14, 2014, 10:50:23 AM
*grins*

its nice to be appreciated :D

oooooo and I'd like to claim Penelope Cruz as the faceclaim for my new gal that will be a pirate lady

please and thank you

Sure Loves

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Swashbuckler

Quote from: Loves on July 14, 2014, 10:33:31 AM

*laughs diabolically*

I would like to claim Orlando Bloom for a face claim, please.

I will begin working his sheet up tonight after work.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Crash

Swashbuckler

Hazy Sky

First off beautiful description.
I'm thinking bigger for range and aiming for speed over firepower or even manoeuvrability. Something to the equivalent of a tea clipper of the skies. Graceful and elegant. Speed to out run things she can't fight and range so she has greater freedom of range and can stay out hunting longer. An airship is like a shark, when it stops moving it gets into trouble, so range matters.

I would like a good engineer in the crew for sure. A fence I'd see as a side role for another member rather than a role in itself, but I'm dreaming at the moment. Don't mind me.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Madame Professor

Ah, I see! Well, the Maria Bella could be shaped/built any way, really. I had been thinking more to the.. Disable the target ship, board and pillage, then speed off with the goods. Hehe, I'll be honest... I was thinking ahead... of a possible plot of retaliation on Captain Harper's part to try to reclaim his ship if y'all wanted to spice things up later down the road. ::)

I have been leaning more and more towards the mechanic idea. Since I already have a spy, I think I'd like something a bit less sneaky.

Swashbuckler

Quote from: Madame Professor on July 14, 2014, 12:54:17 PM
Ah, I see! Well, the Maria Bella could be shaped/built any way, really. I had been thinking more to the.. Disable the target ship, board and pillage, then speed off with the goods. Hehe, I'll be honest... I was thinking ahead... of a possible plot of retaliation on Captain Harper's part to try to reclaim his ship if y'all wanted to spice things up later down the road. ::)

I have been leaning more and more towards the mechanic idea. Since I already have a spy, I think I'd like something a bit less sneaky.

(Likes spicing it up)

Hazy Sky

I need to do some research on airships (Yes I am that geeky and yes I do have suitable books to research from) before I can come up with something that fits. I'll include it as part of my character sheet for approval by Crash.

Also I'm currently thinking that I need someone who knows about clockwork and rockets in the crew...
The captain might have an unorthodox armament scheme in mind.

PM me about this Captain Harper and plot you've got in mind Madame if you don't mind please? I'd like a bit of background before I throw so many characters into potential hot water.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Swashbuckler

That is why you are the Captain!

Now where is that rum....?