Interest Check - 3.5e D&D via IRC/Voice - Unique world, multiple players

Started by errihu, March 17, 2009, 07:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

errihu

I have a D&D world that I've been wanting to use for a long time. It involves a nexus-variety world (think Ravenloft, but not emo) where creatures from many settings are drawn into it (inadvertent and purposefully both) and just about anything can be encountered. "Civilized" lands are few and far between, and the Wildlands cover a good 85% of the world. The scenario starts in one of the few nation-state alliances that have been carved out of the Wildlands and involves player characters working for an organized crime syndicate which is trying to dominate as much of the civilized world as possible. However, all is not going smoothly - a rival group has arisen, and there are issues with the patron gods of both groups. Expect active gods, politics, factionism, betrayals, and a large degree of character development.

Character creation is very flexible, the nexus-nature of the world allows pretty much anything within reason to be created. Characters should start with a level equivalent of 5, and clear characters with me before playing them. Lawful Good is discouraged, as most Lawful Good characters would reasonably have issues with working for organized crime. Party killing is also discouraged.

The setting isn't specifically erotic, although there is nothing preventing erotic events or liaisons from occurring in game.

I would like to run this setting maybe one night a week, my schedule permitting, using IRC and a dice bot, and possibly a VOIP such as Ventrilo or Teamspeak, provided I can find a server to run this on (or Skype, if you can have multiple people in a chat at one time with Skype).

Three to five players would be necessary to run this.

Post if this sounds interesting to you.

PhantomPistoleer

Hh! I thought I said I -was- interested in this idea already, but I guess I haven't.  IRC sounds fun.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

errihu

As far as I know, this is the first time I've posted this idea. Unless someone else had a similar one - I haven't read the backlog.

PhantomPistoleer

Sorry, E.  What I meant was, I saw your post and I thought I already responded;  then, when I was looking through the boards again, I noticed that I hadn't replied.  Sorry! :D
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Astalinnon

I'd be interested. Probably have to brush up a bit on 3.5 ever since I made the switch to 4 but it sounds fun.

BigBuckBob

Interested.

I'd vote IRC, but I can't recall ever seeing any of you on at the same time as me.
Usually on tuesday, thrusday 8am-3pm pst.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

errihu

I work a 9-5 and have a few nights a week that I'm usually spoken for. A time when this would work for me would be from 7 or 8 MST until about 10 or 11 MST on any weekday but Thursday, with Friday nights or weekends being a little more flexible. It would be a live thing, this wouldn't work so well as a play by post.

Information on the setting and character creation can be found here: http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/errihu/index.html