News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Why is Sunday SOOOOOOOO quiet in E!??????

Started by Aeval, June 14, 2009, 01:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeval

I can't quite seem to figure this out....Sunday is a day off work/school for many. I know it is a family day but in between doing things with 'family' there are periods of free time..so why is this the slowest day for posting????? It's almost like E! has closed up shop on Sunday and taken a holiday!!
For me- it's my only day during the week where I am home ALL DAY (most of the time and if I can get out of going anywhere and doing anything!) I LOVE Sundays...I just wish there were more postings on Sundays!!!!!

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Oniya

*agrees*  Chat room and SB are nearly dead today, too.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Fragile Dreams

Well after a couple attempts in the chat room, the activity falls back down. I can't say why everything is going quiet around E, since i'm not the right person to talk about that. To me, it's like that almost everyday, since when i'm logging everybody is asleep. Lucky for me, some spend the night up so i'm not completely alone.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

HairyHeretic

Weekends are always quiet. I'm not sure why.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Fragile Dreams

Well, it's summer... people are going to the beaches. *sobs when he sees the Greek beaches on TV*

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Trieste

Even during the school year, weekends are quiet. I would be out and about today except that outside influences keep me home. Otherwise, it would totally be beach time.

Also remember that a lot of kids graduated this past week, and will be graduating over the course of the next couple, so weekends will be packed with convocations, ceremonies, and parties.

MusicNeverDies

Some people only have internet (or at least E) access at their work, due to various reasons. And as least people work on Sundays those people would all be missing. Also, we spend most of Saturday up partying, and on Sunday time is needed to recover?

To be honest, in the summer I don't even notice the day of the week more often than not.

Nimmy

There are also those people who work part time and get weekend hours because full-time employees like to have those days off...

Or people are just out with friends and enjoying the weather. Here it's actually really nice today. Little chilly, but at least it's not raining anymore!

Mathim

Well for me personally, Sunday was (WAS) a day where getting to a computer was impossible. But not anymore (at least, for the duration of summer). That was my reason.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Aeval

Glad to hear you'll be around Mathim..at least for the summer :-) Maybe if a few more people come around on a Sunday - it won't be so quiet!!

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Marguerite

Right now I am in Fresno but weekends have always been quiet from what I have seen. Best to make plans on the weekend and enjoy one's self.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Doomsday

Too uninspired to write today, it's only a coincidence that it's Sunday.

Apple of Eris

I'm often busy on weekends so i cant do mor ethan pop in say hi and bolt.

And sundays I spend all day at church trying to atone for all the sinning you guys make me perform throughout the week.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Apple of Eris on June 14, 2009, 07:10:52 PM
And sundays I spend all day at church trying to atone for all the sinning you guys make me perform throughout the week.
*Snicker* I was going to make a similar comment earlier and decided against it!

consortium11

I'm generally so hungover on Sundays the thought of producing eloquent well reasoned posts seems far to akin to death to be sensible...

Then again, that happens on Saturdays as well...

Lithos

Weekend is the time we have for recovering from friday night :p
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Vekseid

It's been this way since... very nearly Elliquiy's founding. Though I'm not sure how, as a ~20kpost/week forum, we have a right to complain about slowness. If it's a problem though, you can help raise Elliquiy's activity by getting more links to us. : )

Revolverman

I think sundays are slow all over the internet at large.

Aeval

Quote from: Vekseid on June 14, 2009, 08:20:32 PM
It's been this way since... very nearly Elliquiy's founding. Though I'm not sure how, as a ~20kpost/week forum, we have a right to complain about slowness. If it's a problem though, you can help raise Elliquiy's activity by getting more links to us. : )

I don't think the solution is getting MORE people to E! it's getting the people that are already members to be more active on Sunday!

― Neil Gaiman

Trieste

Serephino

I'm around because I have no life.  Though I do generally come on E at night, and I go to bed early on weekends because my boyfriend works opening shift and I'm his ride.  Most of his co workers are either mothers or teenagers, and god forbid a teenager get up before noon on weekend, so.... I'm stuck getting out of bed at 5am. 

Nimmy

*also has no life... plus it sucked working 8:30 - 5 and then 8 - 4 this weekend, so she just wants to spend the night at home*

Myrleena

I run a D&D game in real life on Saturday, and sleep in on Sunday.  I'm on a lot though, waiting. *shrugs*

Vekseid

Quote from: Aeval on June 14, 2009, 09:23:48 PM

I don't think the solution is getting MORE people to E! it's getting the people that are already members to be more active on Sunday!

This reminds me of another person who complained about Elliquiy's lack of activity... they turned around and complained about all the new members! 

...I like the new members >_>

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Vekseid on June 15, 2009, 01:13:00 AM
...I like the new members >_>
...I hope you still like the old members, too!