Sha'shabi Arena (Open to All!)

Started by Temptation666, October 21, 2011, 07:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Temptation666

Setting: An old and sacred ground of entertainment and law to the people of the Sha'shabi forest, the Sha'shabi arena. Disputes between two people can be settled here, not by debate or harsh words, but by either hand to hand or weapons combat. A flattened out square of land surrounded by crudely made benches is where a dispute is being settled at the moment. The whole tribe of Sha'shabi is gathered around to watch the two people duke it out, one a man, and one a woman. Both seem to be having a tough time winning the other over. If one does successfully gain dominance, then the victor has the choice to kill their victim or let them live. This has been a long lasting tradition in the tribe. The fight, though, seems very even sided. This battle may last a while.

Character played by myself: Jo'jan.
Background: RP to find out!

First post:A slender and short darkly colored young woman, just initiated as a druid of the forest in the Sha'shabi tribe, is watching the fight intensely, seeming to be cheering for the woman in the fight. She yells furiously as the man gets a few blows with his fist, but then cheers as the woman fights just as relentlessly back! 'Get 'im, Su!' She grins as the fight continues for a while, watching the fight as intensely as she was at the very beginning. ((OOC in parenthesis please.. =D))
{ O A
      R P }

(O = O/O's A = A/A's R = Rabbit Hole. P = Past posts.)

Temptation666

(( Forgot to state the rules...
(( Keep it in the time period! The tribal civilization is not very advanced, as agriculture is the best technology they have.))
((No God-modding.))
((Dont kill other characters played by people without their consent. ))
(( HAVE FUN!))
{ O A
      R P }

Spiked Hibiscus

Character: Channai
Race: Human
Background: Channai is the daughter and only child to the Sha'shabi tribe's chief. She has had a priviledged lifestyle of spoils which has caused her to grow into a selfish and callous women who distances herself from the reality of her tribe's people. The Sha'shabi arena is Channai's most loved form of entertainment. Special arena events occur on her birthday where she gets to indulge her blood lust.

Channai pupils dilate as she witnesses the female fighter stagger from a body blow. The female warrior clutches her chest, winded and gasps for air. Channai pulls her bottom lip up into her mouth as she surveys the crowd from her throne. Her people are a mass of cheering and yelling ants, servants who's only purpose on life is to serve her. Her eyes draw back to the fight as the female warrior grapples her opponent to the ground.

Temptation666

After a while, Jo'jan grows weary of the fight, and decides to exit the arena for a brief moment to catch a breath of fresh air, as the arena smells of sweat and blood. She looks toward chief's private bench for him and his family, cursing to herself. 'The chief is a good leader, but that daughter of his.. A selfish woman.. I wish the chief many more days, so we do not become slaves under that woman's tyrannical hand soon...." She shakes he head, and walks slowly through the forest, looking through the foilage of the jungle trees toward the sky. "I can't imagine why nobody has challenged her to a duel in the arena yet..." Just then, Jo blinks her eyes heavily, and returns to the arena to watch the remainder of the fight, an idea hatching in her head.
{ O A
      R P }

Temptation666

(( By the way Hibiscus, I love where you took it.. It makes my job of encountering you way easier. Thanks. ;P ))
{ O A
      R P }

Spiked Hibiscus

"Water now!" Channai grunts prodding her finger into the bare chest of her servant. "Idiot! This fight is so dry, you should have known. You should have my water ready! Why should I need to ask!"

The servants runs off away from the tribe's family into a nearby hut, stumbling on the loose sand below him. Channai huffs, and rests her cheek in the palm of her hand.

"Father, if I were in charge I would give these warriors a little bit more incentive..."

The female warrior grows with full forces as she squeezes her opponents head tighter in the lock. "There is no blood, no action, no excitment! If I were you father I would have thrown them both to the sharks! Father, my birthday is coming up and I to witness the greatness of the Sha'shabi arena fight to the death in my honour! You need to find some noble fighters."

The chief glances at his daughter from the side of his eyes and lets out a deep, long sigh. He shakes his head as he looks up at the sky then back to the fight without saying a word.

(are weapons allowed in the fight or is it just hand-to-hand combat)

Temptation666

As Jo'jan walks back towards the arena, she notices the chief walk away from the daughter and out a way into the blood stained sand that was the combat area.

"People of Sha'shabi! The day grows late, and my daughter grows wearysome.. The fight must end soon. Bring out the weapons rack!"

Two men walk into the field from the sideline holding a crudely made wooden rack holding many maces and clubs. The two competetors rush towards the rack, but the man; in his haste, trips and falls. The woman quickly grabs a club and relentlessly begins clobbering the man. The man curls up in a ball and cries out the surrendering word. "O'jo te fati! I am bested.." The woman ceases the clobbering, a smug grin of victory on her face.

"The fight is over! Su'ta is the victor!" Cries out the chief.

Jo'jan smiles as she witnesses her good friend win the fight. "She taught that man a lesson, no doubt.." She whispers to herself.
{ O A
      R P }

themissinglink

(do i have to ask to join? cause i really want to try it out here)

Temptation666

{ O A
      R P }

ileana

((I'll take the freedom to join in as well :)

Character: Tahonai
Race: Human
Background: As daughter of a warrior couple she is destined to follow their path. But Tahonai is everything but good in fight and weaponry, too slow and even a bit clumsy. Her dream was a different one, one her parents would never understand: to become a healer.
))

The air got pressed out of her longues as she met the ground and kissed the fallen leaves. 'Damn those roots' she cursed in her mind, too breathless to actual press out the words. With shaking legs she kicked into the ground, heaving herself up again to continue her way, the staff she used to train her skills at the moment, bouncing on her back and slapping the back of her legs every two steps. She would not have been surprised if this would have been the reason for her to fall, but no, the big tree she always admired had shoved its roots out of the ground as if it was just waiting for her to hurry by.

Hearing the cheering and the clink of the swords inside the arena she increases her speed a last time, taking two steps at once as she finally reached he way inside. Not looking anywhere she grabbed the end of the wooden banister, using the momentum to float around the corner. Though if that was floating any bird would just drop dead on the ground. Well she did not hit the ground, but something else. But before she could have seen what it was the air was pushed out of her lungs another time, her hands helplessly waving around as she tried to keep her balance. Upon failing that task she rapidly brought her arms up front, grabbed a rough piece of fabric in hope to find some support there, but instead of finding that, she still stumbled backwards, pulling the wearer of this piece of fabric with her as she fell.