iPad limitations?

Started by Lovestheclassics, September 13, 2013, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lovestheclassics

Sorry if I should be able to figure this out but I can't determine if i can simply cut and images to my posts using my ipad or what the secret is!

Sometimes it posts a web address but often it doesn't post anything. If there is a spot for me to go study up on this i will!  Huts point me in the right direction please!

(It's possible I'm just doing something dumb with my ipad as I'm deep down a PC)

Thanks

Callie Del Noire

I'm not following what you're asking.. are you asking how to cut/paste/copy on your ipad?

Peripherie

It can be tricky, if I am understanding what you are asking correctly. Here is what I do when I want to copy an image and post it in a thread.

I touch the image until I get the copy menu. I select copy image. Then I open a new browser tab, touch and hold until I have the option to paste. It puts the whole URL to the image there. Then I select all and copy the URL. Then I can paste it in a post/thread and add the image tags.

Hope that helps! Maybe someone knows an easier way to do it, but that is what I have found that works.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Lovestheclassics

I'm going to try that now!  Thank you so much!

Lovestheclassics

Quote from: Peripherie on September 13, 2013, 10:15:38 PM
.....and add the image tags.

Ok, I know I saw this somewhere but can you tell me what the image tags are?  Sorry, I am really new to this!

Lovestheclassics

Here's an image i want to use in a story

Tamhansen

[ img] and [ /img] just remove the spaces
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Lovestheclassics

Wow!  It works,  thank you both!