Romeo and Juliet and... you?

Started by Bliss, August 07, 2009, 12:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

I've got a lovely game with Loki_Caprion and Buchanen, playing on the idea of Romeo and Juliet. The Romeo character (played by Loki) and the Juliet (Yours truly) meet at a ball and fall into that instant, fabled passionate love, despite being of ages-old warring families.

Sounds familiar so far, right?

Except that we've thrown a third into the mix: this character, played until recently by Buchanen, is a gentleman of another noble family, powerful though not quite so much as the other two, who on that same fateful night has seen the girl and sought out her parents for permission to meet and woo her socially, as is right and proper.

Due to (Exciting and happy) real life circumstances, Buchanen is no longer able to play this character, and so I am seeking someone to replace him in the story. The portion written with him thus far can be seen here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=37180.msg1891382#msg1891382

The character as we have fleshed him out so far is not, in fact, a villain - though he might seem that way from some angles. His desire for the young woman is no less valid than the other young man's, and he goes through all the proper channels of gaining her hand. It's not his fault that she's fallen for someone else, and thanks to societal and family pressures, she's going to be drawn into betrothal and marriage with him.

Yet she loves another, and when he discovers cuckoldry.... well. We can figure that out when we get there, for as it stands now, the story is still in the night of that first ball.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Scott

I'd like to finish the story, Lawerence seems like an interesting character to play.

Bliss

PM me Scott, and we can have a chat about the character and what I've kind of envisioned in a little more depth. I've got a very general framework with lots of room to play in. :)
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3