Interest Check for a Fantasy Life inspired game

Started by Zekromnomnom, November 19, 2014, 07:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zekromnomnom

All right, so I don't know how many of you have ever played the fairly new 3DS game Fantasy Life, but the gist of the game is you live in a quaint little fantasy town and at the beginning, you choose which job or "Life" you would like to lead, Whether you choose one of the four combat "lives", the three gatherer "lives", or the five crafting "lives". Eventually you are allowed to start in the other lives as well and in one playthrough, could eventually master them all. The game has an over-arching plot, but it takes somewhat of a back seat to the ranking up in your chosen lives.

Anyway, for this game, I was thinking something pretty laid back. I may come up with some kind of big event or plot for the whole thing, but the idea would be one where all the players made a character that chose one specific "life" to lead and all lived in the same nice little town where their talents were of great use to the community. Given the inspiration for this idea, I would be going for a pretty relaxed, fun little game where it was very character driven. I figure as the characters move forward on the paths they've chosen, they would interact with each other and partnerships, trade agreements, friendships, and more could arise among the players.

As for what the limits would be on the characters, I figure I would expand the possible race options in this RP, letting people make things like elves and dwarves and such, but more exotic things I would want discussed with me first. And while I think I might want to go with a more expanded list of starting "lives", I think I would require that people only stick with one at first. I may decide that in order for a person to branch out into another life, maybe they have to undergo some kind of quest or something, or maybe to try and find some other player character or an NPC and have them start teaching them the new life.

Anyway, those are just some basic ideas I've had so far, and I'd love to know if anyone might be interested in this at all.