Mass Effect: The Horizon

Started by Alliance, August 21, 2011, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alliance

His name resonates throughout the galaxy. There are those who have tried to steal his identity. There are those who have tried to live in his name. All have never truly succeeded. His name and his statue stands proudly in the Citadel. The name Shepard spoken with one utter quiver of both respect and fear, is a name known by all species. The world has spoken silent and so has the galaxy, ever since the Reapers and the Geth were frozen back into dark space. They have been defeated.

But this tale doesn't stand nor cross the boundaries of Shepard's tale. He is dead. He is dead through a life and service of the Alliance. The Alliance now hounds their military as if they are trying to breed a new world Shepard. They behave as if they alone are the only service built to save the world. Today though is a good day. In the black shadow of the galaxy, in the sleek universe is a beautiful ship. It's thrusters shined as it left the Citadel. It always started off as a routine mission.

The Horizon

Background

The Horizon is headed to a planet of the Horse Head Nebula System called Ferious. Like the Normandy it is a ship with no history and no name for itself. Horizon simply is a military vessel. On their way to the planet the ship disappears. The Alliance military only get one SOS message of the ship being attacked. But there is never a trace of the ship being attacked. The captain and it's crew are lost.

But on another planet Shilaru of the Local Clusters, the captain of the Horizon wakes up to find he is nowhere near his/her crew or the ship. He finds some way to contact the Alliance. And is brought back to the Citadel, with no memory of an attack he sets out to find his ship. To not only find it on the docking station of Ferious, but in tact. Except that his crew is nowhere to be seen. There is no evidence that the ship had ever been used by anyone.

While searching for clues a video message is turned on.

"I know where you're crew is, but you'll have to trust me in order to get them back,"

Now the captain of this ship is led on a blind mission despite Alliance's wishes.

Revenent

Okay, so...who would everyone be playing, the crew, or people who help out the captain? Is there a system?

Alliance

Quote from: Revenent on August 21, 2011, 10:11:58 PM
Okay, so...who would everyone be playing, the crew, or people who help out the captain? Is there a system?

-The Captain is hired by this mysterious organization and then goes onto a quest much like Shepard and finds people this mysterious organization gives him.

-People will play roles that help The Captain

-Someone will need to play The Captain as I will be focused on handing dossiers and missions to The Captain and what not, but also playing a different character

Also I do my INTCHK quite differently. INTCHK are just INTCHK. Character sheet will come up in the OOC.

-It will be based a lot on free form. We'll be taking the ME system and tweaking it with our own imaginative creations

Laughing Hyena

Well i cannot be better then Commander Shepard but I will play the part of captain if you want since I love mass effect and for the most part well versed in its universe.

Revenent

I may play a role, too. Maybe science officer?

Alliance

Laugh Hyena, all right welcome aboard.

Revenent, sure.

The role of the pure biotic is taken. By me just a fair warning. You can have Vanguards and what not. But the pure Biotic is my role. Sorry.

As I said this follows ME, but I am allowing some creative freedom. Like whenever I played as an Adept I rarely used my gun unless my systems recharged. So to me a pure Biotic is like Jack who ripped mechs apart with just biotic skill.

edit-

It also means I am allowing people one special Perk that only belongs to their character.

Like for example Revenent's Scientific Officer may have the special trait [and it is whatever you feel like creating] called Neural Decay..and it can work like Overload to an enemies shields, but instead more like to the enemies brain. Or something like that. Depends on what kind of scientist he really is. Btw, that is just an example. Revenent doesn't need to do that. It's just an example.

Laughing Hyena

Meh its okay. I never liked playing an Adept anyway. I was always either Sentinel or an Infiltrator.

Alliance

All right Laughing. That's fine.

It also means I am allowing people one special Perk that only belongs to their character.

Like for example Revenent's Scientific Officer may have the special trait [and it is whatever you feel like creating] called Neural Decay..and it can work like Overload to an enemies shields, but instead more like to the enemies brain. Or something like that. Depends on what kind of scientist he really is. Btw, that is just an example. Revenent doesn't need to do that. It's just an example.

Laughing Hyena

Hmm.. I'll need to know a touch more on the perks you'd be willing to allow. As an Infiltrator I could come up with a few ideas for a perk. Regardless I shall definitely be making good use of that omni blade if I get the chance.

Alliance

You can have an omni blade.

Perks can be anything...like Kasumi had flashbangs and after defeating the game we got a extra skill like Slam. Within some boundaries. Give me your ideas and I will see what I can do. This Perk is a perk special to your role.

Laughing Hyena

Well obviously Warp Ammo for the obvious benefits... Besides, the other ones I had thought of were not as good.

Alliance

Revenent

How long after the events of the Mass Effect trilogy is this set? Is it safe to assume that the Quarians have returned to their homeworld/found a new one since the Geth are dead and are welcome in the Citadel again?

Latooni Subota

>No Geth ending.

Aww. But I went through so much effort to be friends with Legion and save the primary Geth group to help against the Reapers! (And the Rachni :3 )

I'm interested too. Sadly, I really wanted Adept or Engineer . . . so I'll need more time to think about a character concept/Class. XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Alliance

Quote from: Revenent on August 22, 2011, 08:00:23 AM
How long after the events of the Mass Effect trilogy is this set? Is it safe to assume that the Quarians have returned to their homeworld/found a new one since the Geth are dead and are welcome in the Citadel again?

Yes. It takes place about 100 years after the events.

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 22, 2011, 12:47:04 PM
>No Geth ending.

Aww. But I went through so much effort to be friends with Legion and save the primary Geth group to help against the Reapers! (And the Rachni :3 )

I'm interested too. Sadly, I really wanted Adept or Engineer . . . so I'll need more time to think about a character concept/Class. XD

All right.

Latooni Subota

It occurs to me. I should make sure whether or not Revenant is actually going Engineer for his science officer, or something else XD

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

SidheLady

So, are the crew just going to be pure humans or a mix?
"Dream, not of what you are, but what you want to be" - Lotus (aka spacemom!), warframe

I have Discord, ask to contact me!

My Games including Sassy Space Vixens and the Gentry https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=253546.0

My general Ons and Offs (will be updated soonish whenever I remember and get around to it)
https://www.f-list.net/c/sidhelady/

Latooni Subota

Alliance

Quote from: SidheLady on August 22, 2011, 06:28:12 PM
So, are the crew just going to be pure humans or a mix?

Mixture. Quarians, Turians, etc.

Even, if you want to get creative, quarians without their suit....ooo.

Latooni Subota

Yeah, after re-reading more info to remind myself what talents each class has access to, I'd really like Engineer . . . if Revenant doesn't want it, since he was here first. :(

Alliance

There are two types of engineers though. I'm allowing people to branch their classes into their occupations as well.

A scientist engineer could be completely different from a tech engineer.

While a scientist may focus on sentient organic lifeforms, using abilities like reave, neural shock, unity, etc.

A tech engineer may focus on AI and technology and using abilities like overload, hacking, decryption, etc.

Just like even though I am making a pure adapt. It doesn't stop anyone from having a Vanguard which mixes combat with biotic or infiltrator .

SidheLady

I'd be tempted to go with a vanguard offshoot such as the asari commando or the justicar (can anyone tell who -my- favorate team-mate in ME2 was?)
"Dream, not of what you are, but what you want to be" - Lotus (aka spacemom!), warframe

I have Discord, ask to contact me!

My Games including Sassy Space Vixens and the Gentry https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=253546.0

My general Ons and Offs (will be updated soonish whenever I remember and get around to it)
https://www.f-list.net/c/sidhelady/

Alliance

Samara and Liara....ahahaha.

She's my girlfriend.

Anyway, sure you can be an asari commando or justicar or even matriarch

Latooni Subota

I have a concept now.

Quarian Engineer, a Machinist that actually studied medicine and biology. Also, she's just a little . . . out there. She's still on her pilgrimage, because she knows EXACTLY what she wants to bring back, but hasn't succeeded yet. She's currently involved in junk-diving, black market shenanigans, piracy, and pretty much anything she can do across the galaxy to get the funding and supplies necessary to try and make medical nanomachines to replace/supplement the weakened immune system. At the moment she's gotten the nanomachine's efficiency up to about 72 minutes, before they break down (So at about the hour mark she freaks out and runs to scrub down and get her enviro-suit back on!).

Also, making the successive version of the nanomachines is INCREDIBLY expensive and difficult, so it takes . . . effort. On the plus side, every now and then she can feel the sun on her skin, or touch other people! Note, I'm still looking for an image to use for the Quarian race out-of-suit that's nice enough. Any help on that is appreciated.

(Speaking from a combat perspective, her specialities are slapping Medi-gel on people, emergency hacking, and using a combat drone.)

Alliance

Latooni, if you want to continue the conversation of your character's background please kind of do it with me in a PM.

I wanted to kind of keep them secret from The Captain. So that way it plays a little like, he is trying to gain your trust and you express stuff. But because this is a RP your personal quest will span into a few chapters and such.