Idea for a Dnd Game-Seeking Thoughts

Started by National Acrobat, November 26, 2005, 12:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natalie C. Barney

My character so far:

www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=12067

She'll stay a druidess to Level 5, take Shifter to Level 5 (not sure if it counts as a multiclass if so will cost more for 3 levels)
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

WarDragon

Prestige Classes never cause XP penalties for multiclassing.

Natalie C. Barney

GOOOODDDDDDD.....  ;D

Druidess to become Masters of the Wild Sourcebook SHIFTER. And a Dark Fey a dark lovely creature not that her form will matter to her in the long run. Her flesh will be mutable and her spirit glorious. Someday she can become a small mouse to the form of the Tarrasque, even without some of its powers and lower hit points it would be a devestating weapon form. She can be anyone and take any form she wishes. Now that is sooooo cool. Add to this some magic although she gains no more levels as a Shifter she will be fun if she survives.

I'm not sure about her deity I took the Elven Goddess of Magic, is a druid an innately very magical class and a Shifter would likely be seen as a wonderous path for any elf with the sense of will to follow it and also very mystical. Plus I wanted a female patron goddess.

One thing in human lands I noticed arcane magic workers have problems in places I take it DIVINE spellcasters are different after all we all serve a diety even Druids, just asking?

Natalie Clifford Barney

WarDragon

Right now, I'm leaning towards playing a Paladin.  Any objections?

National Acrobat

Not at all. Nareal, Athena or Tunea would be your patron most likely.

LordAnubis

well with a druid and a Paladin I think a Rogue is in order,  my deity will be Loki for sure. now I just need to piick what kind of rogue.  Unless a fighter is desired.

Muse

Gack!  Now that you've settled on Homebrew I find you!  I was looking for a new home for my Shadoweir girl.  (Druid/Ranger of Mieliki, that is.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

WarDragon

Quote from: Rat Salad on November 27, 2005, 09:46:33 PM
Not at all. Nareal, Athena or Tunea would be your patron most likely.

Hmm... of the three, I've got a good idea for Tunea, but I'm not sure it's feasible with only a 30 point buy for stats...  Paladins are pretty stat-intensive already, and going for a Spellsword build just makes it worse (oh, how I love the Spellsword).  Athena, then, I suppose.

Muse; if you check the website, you will note that he's imported Mielikki from the Realms. ;)

National Acrobat

I've imported Mieliekki as has been mentioned before, so it wouldn't make too much of a difference, however the Realms specific parts of her religion don't apply in my homebrew.

Looks like enough interest, so later in the week I'll start getting everything together.

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: WarDragon on November 28, 2005, 10:07:27 PM
Hmm... of the three, I've got a good idea for Tunea, but I'm not sure it's feasible with only a 30 point buy for stats...  Paladins are pretty stat-intensive already, and going for a Spellsword build just makes it worse (oh, how I love the Spellsword).  Athena, then, I suppose.

Muse; if you check the website, you will note that he's imported Mielikki from the Realms. ;)

Well its not impossible true most stats would be just enough to give a bonus for example a Paladin can get by on a Wisdom of 12 they may not get lots of higher end spells but can use magic. Likewise Charisma does not have to be 17 in 3.5 just a 12 would give a little bonus. I would put three 12's and three 14's in the stats that should do it? Face it in this game a Paladin/Spellsword would be still kind of scary.
Natalie Clifford Barney

MasterJedi

spellsword/paladin? im pretty sure spellswords are only allowed to channel arcane spells...or its it at least a class prereq that the character can cast 2nd level arcane spells.
[tr][td]
Characters:
tPSH: Kale | tEoME: Johny
BSB: Damicus/Arblus | MCZ13: Galad
FtLoaP: Captain David[/td][td]Random Thought:
"What's the definition of a will? It's a dead giveaway...."[/td][/tr][/table]

LordAnubis

Charisma is damn handy for a Paladin, turning might not be big, but the bonus to all your saves and ability to lay on hands comes from that.  Unless you want to use a bow I'd go with a 12 to your dex and put the 14 to your charisma, since you'd get that bonus to all your saves and it helps your lay on hands.  Always a handy trait.

WarDragon

Quote from: KRaNiX on November 29, 2005, 01:57:06 PM
spellsword/paladin? im pretty sure spellswords are only allowed to channel arcane spells...or its it at least a class prereq that the character can cast 2nd level arcane spells.

Paladin4/Sorcerer6/Spellsword10, or something to that effect.  As a straight Paladin, I can afford to ignore my Dexterity, which is made far more important by the Sorcerer's armor limitation.  Grr... I hate the scaling costs of the DMG point-buy.

MasterJedi

itend to stay clear of armor no matter the class preferring bracers of armor or robes of the archmagi, it givess a little armor bonus and gives a few other nice pressies with it.
[tr][td]
Characters:

Natalie C. Barney

I hate to point this out unless the rules changed Paladins can't multi-class unless you plan to be a Paladin to Level 4 first then work on sorceror which will cost you XP in penalties. I know in the FR some orders are different but according to the core rules its going to be harder. I think a Fighter/Sorceror would work better.
Natalie Clifford Barney

MasterJedi

and it sounds silly, but fighter 4 is good, gives u 3 bonus feats, wizard gives u 1, and spellsword another, thats 5 bonus feats on top of the standard for a level 20 character.
[tr][td]
Characters:

WarDragon

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on November 29, 2005, 06:21:34 PM
I hate to point this out unless the rules changed Paladins can't multi-class unless you plan to be a Paladin to Level 4 first then work on sorceror which will cost you XP in penalties. I know in the FR some orders are different but according to the core rules its going to be harder. I think a Fighter/Sorceror would work better.
That was my plan precisely (either that, or ask for that Eberron feat that lets you multiclass with one other class).  I picked Paladin over Fighter for three reasons: Charisma synergy, the Divine feats accessed by Turn Undead, and I like Paladins.

Natalie C. Barney

You could do a Barbarian/Sorceror then Spellsword? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... Well it would be different you could use a Great Axe!  ;)
Natalie Clifford Barney

WarDragon

Hmm... nah.  I'm already playing two Chaotic characters in other campaigns, and that's about the limit for a Lawful sort like me. ;)

MasterJedi

the best combo i ever saw was a well made spellbow, 6 attacks per round 3 of which were at full attack bonus -2...it was simply a killing machine.
[tr][td]
Characters:

WarDragon

Intriguing...

Does the Channel Spell ability even work with ranged weapons?

National Acrobat

As far as I know, unless you have a PrC that states you can channel with a ranged weapon, it doesn't.

MasterJedi

and as stated in the very description of the spellsword class, the ability can be used with any weapon, I dont have my book here but im pretty sure it even mentions a bow as one of the choices.
[tr][td]
Characters:

National Acrobat

If that's the case, then it is indeed a PrC special ability

Natalie C. Barney

I must point out something we need another divine spellcaster that get get spells higher than level 3. As a SHIFTER I do not advance in druid magic or skills after Level 5 until I max out the Prestige class at Level 15 so my spells will be limited. The PrC offers very powerful shapeshifting powers for a price! Does anyone else want to run a cleric or something  past level 5?  ???
Natalie Clifford Barney