Town Under the Shadows NOW TAKING CHARACTERS

Started by BigBlackGamer, November 26, 2005, 07:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: Amberghylles on December 20, 2005, 05:43:59 AM
Cool. <grins> 

Soon as we get a board, we'll begin.  I PMed one of the admins...hopefully she'll get it.  :-)

Amberghylles

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: Amberghylles on December 29, 2005, 03:02:48 AM
We have a board...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=154.0

Coolness.  Keep our thread in PMs for the moment...I'll start collating it and posting it.  When I catch up and have the thread transferred to the board, we'll shift there.

And, as always, thank you goddesses.   :)

BigBlackGamer

This game is now live...I'll post more detailed character creation guidelines tomorrow, but the short version is:

1) You will create your characters freeform.  I will run the game using D&D 2.0 rules, loosely interpreted and kept out of sight.

2) Don't worry about whether your character is a classical "fighter," "cleric," "wizard," etc.  You can be any of these things, or more than one, or none of them (i.e., a farmer's daughter and seamstress). 

3) Characters can be good (human, usually) or evil (usually orc, gnoll, troll, etc.).

4) Depending on your background and my whim, your character will start out between first and third level, so no uber-powers.  Characters should also be humanoid.  Lycanthropes will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

5) I consider story to be more important than system.  The only reason the system is even being used is to provide players who want a classic RPGing experience the chance to do things like levelling up, gaining magic weapons and spells, etc.  If you just want to play a merchant's daughter who becomes an orc captain's concubine, the D&D character sheet I make for your character probably won't even be relevant to her experience in-game.

Vice

Are there any people who have refused to make the "sacrifices" in the town left? For example, a willful daughter who refused to take her mother's place after she became pregnant, or a husband who would not be cuckolded by a gnoll?

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: Vice on December 29, 2005, 06:26:32 AM
Are there any people who have refused to make the "sacrifices" in the town left? For example, a willful daughter who refused to take her mother's place after she became pregnant, or a husband who would not be cuckolded by a gnoll?

Sure...the majority of the town has given itself up to its fate, but a holdout would be perfectly acceptable as a character.

shadowheart

Ok, I created a character, Tara.  I am thinking, that she is part of a small group (2-4) of adventurers coming out to the Marches from elsewhere in the empire looking for adventure.

Anyone interested in starting out as a band of intrepid adventurers? :)

Dahashi

Here.  I would be interested in creating a party.  If D&D is used I have 3.5.  My character, Dahashi, is a hell hound Lycanthrope.  He is human in appearance and most of his manners.  Something a a fighter-mage.  Big guy.

BigBlackGamer

I'm in the market for a couple replacement players to take over some gnolls and an orc shaman who are slaking their thirst for human females (to wit, a farm family and a serving-lady).  Anyone interested?