The Legend of Saffron Stronghold II [Vampires Win]

Started by Autumn Sativus, August 19, 2011, 11:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

In childhood stories the appearance of the vampire has been well known for ages. Now, these stories have taken a strange turn as the Estate Residents of Saffron Stronghold have just witnessed a horrifying event. The Keeper of the Estate, Sir Morgan was heard giving one final blood curdling scream only hours earlier. When the Resident's found their beloved friend, the bite marks on his neck offered the chance for whispers to run through the crowd and frightened glances to be exchanged among the group. Only moments later as if to confirm the suspicions were true, a drop of blood fell from the ceiling into the white carpet below.

Upon notice of the drop, everyone looked up to see a bat nestled in the rafters, lengthly fangs covered in blood. Sir Morgan lay dead on the floor, white as a ghost. The life's blood drained right out of his body. No one dared to whisper to the words, but they all knew... vampires.

The guests are now faced with the fear of their death being next, during the night. The first concern must be to elect a new Estate Keeper and then begin trying to deduce who could be responsible for such a heinous crime. The one thing the Resident's are sure of, is that the killer, or killers are among them. No one has entered or left the Estate Grounds for three days. The doors have been sealed and none shall enter or exit until either the monster's have been eliminated... or there's no one left.

Let the game begin.

Remember to include Saffron in any and all game related PMs

Players
  • Aiden
  • Azhdeen
  • ClockworkShadow - Human
  • Darque Devil
  • EvilEye
  • Izu
  • Kendra
  • Marguerite - Priest
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Ty
  • undisclosedtoyou
  • Valerian

Roles
  • Angel
  • Doctor
  • Humans x3-4
  • Priest
  • Sire
  • Vampires x2-3
  • Thief

Rundown
Day 1
undisclosedtoyou was voted Estate Keeper.
Night 1
The Vampires took care of EvilEye's blood.
Day 2
Lynched the Suite Owner, Darque Devil.
Night 2
No one died.
Day 3
Lynched Ty, the Doctor.
Night 3
Remiel, the Angel, was left soaking in the remainders of his own blood.
Day 4
The group voted to remove ClockworkShadow. She was proven innocent by Marguerite, the Priestess.
Night 4
Izu was killed by the Vampires.
Day 5
Moirae, a Suie Owner was removed from the game.
Night 5
Marguerite, the Priest was killed by the Vampires.
Day 6

If you would like a piece for your signature, follow the following codes:

[float=left][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=116877.0][img width=137 height=100]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/d/d8/SaffronStronghold2.jpg[/img][/url][/float]
You can change it from floatleft to floatright if you'd like it on the right side of your signature instead.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

Your role PMs will arrive once everything has been sorted out with role distribution and contacting the Thief among you. ;)
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Everyone should have received their role now. Those who got the 'Estate Resident', my bad. The role title is "Suite Owner".

Don't be shy, step right on up and submit your votes!
Us against the world

Aiden

Some might think early in the morning was a terrible time to start drinking or puff lazily on a cigar but after the discovery in the morning nothing would calm his nerves like a stiff drink and an exotic smoke.

The elegantly dressed man came down and took a seat, eying everyone in the room.
"Undisclosedtoyou will make a good Estate Keeper."

Remiel

"Sure, why not.  I'll second that--undisclosedtoyou for Estate Keeper."

Ty

Nervously brushing his wavy hair from his face, the young man chuckled drily. "There is a humour in having my vote be undisclosedtoyou when we are voting so publicly. So I will go along with the trend so far. Heh."

ClockworkShadow

She wasn't with the others.  She'd never been one much for drinking alcohol, or smoking, and her way of calming down as to go for a walk in the gardens, while cradling a mug of hot, honey-sweetened tea.  Good Sir Morgan... panic would not encourage the rest that his soul deserved, nor would it aid any of them in their self preservation.

She felt a sort of coldly logical realization settle upon her, feeling akin to the hand-knitted shawl that she always wore over her shoulders.

Her hazel eyes had settled, for now, into a murky, olive green shade, and her jaw was grimly set.  Having reached the wrought-iron bench in the middle of the garden, she cradled her tea closer and sank down to rest thereupon.  A passing wind chortled by, fluffing at her shoulderblade-length, auburn hair like a kitten would play with a ball of string.  She raised a hand to brush her hair back out of her face, distractedly, and furrowed her brow.

Someone had to fill Sir Morgan's shoes, but whoever the elected might also be facing an equally-gruesome death sentence.  She'd heard whispers about Undisclosedtoyou being the popular choice, and she'd found herself fond of the young lady in recent times.  On the one hand, despite her shattered trust in everyone right now, she knew that 'Dis' would be a strong, stable individual despite the crisis.  They needed that, but...

No.  She must not base her decision upon who she was more afraid to potentially guide to their sacrificial altar.  They were all in danger, after all.  "I'm sorry, 'Dis'," she very-softly whispered, "this is for all of us."

With that, she rose from the bench and meandered her way back to where most of everyone were gathered.  There, she would cast her vote for Undisclosedtoyou, as well.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Autumn Sativus

Miss Saffron wandered among them, mingling quietly, offering a hug or a pat on the shoulder for those who were taking the death hard. It was not an easy one, Sir Morgan had been well loved among the small community built within the walls of the Stronghold. With gentle ease, she made her way through the crowd collecting the votes for who her Resident's would like to see as their new Estate Keeper. Someone to act on their behalf.

Votes
  • [5]Undisclosedtoyou - (Aiden, Remiel, Ty, ClockworkShadow, Kendra)
  • [3]Valerian - (Undisclosedtoyou, Izu, Moirae)
  • [3]Moirae - (Valerian, Marguerite, Ryven)
  • [1]Aiden - (Darque Devil)
  • [1]Kendra - (Azhdeen)

Players Yet To Vote
EvilEye
Us against the world

Valerian

Val was deeply uneasy at this news, in more ways than one.  Things had been so pleasant, so comfortable, so safe before, for so long, and now this.  Everything was changing, and none of it for the better.

Still, perhaps they would find an Estate Keeper who would be just as skilled and well-liked as Sir Morgan, in their own way; and they might yet find their way safely through this crisis.  "I am sure that Undisclosedtoyou will make a fine Keeper," she said, quietly, finding her way to her favorite chair.  "But perhaps Moirae might also do a good job."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

undisclosedtoyou

The petite young woman sat heavily in her seat, her eyes round in shock, as her small hands gripped tightly onto the fragile crystal tumbler that carried within it brandy.  Given in a bid to calm her distraught nerves, undisturbed, except for the one small sip she had taken when it was first handed to her.  Her still shocked gaze swept through the room as people cast their vote on who should be the next Keeper, and the slight tremble in her lips revealed that she hadn't expected to be submitted as a choice.  Nodding, one hand came down and gripped determinately at the fabric of her dress, even as her voice wavered in it's courage. 

"Although I think Moirae is very capable of wearing a mantle that was worn so well by Sir. Morgan, and as honored as I would be, I believe Valerian should be the new Keeper."
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kendra

The dark russet hair fell about her shoulders, disheveled and slightly bleary eyed from the ungodly hour that all had been up examining the body as if they were medics and detectives. Kendra had taken a seat on a vintage leather armchair, it's lion head arm rests seeming to protect her from whatever had got to the old man. She was still dressed in her short black dress but her heels had slowly made their way to the floor as her feet curled up beneath her. She watched every one though her eyes returned time and again to where the body had been found. Already there was talk of filling Sir Morgan's shoes and she thought it utterly morbid but it did have to be done. Better to get it out of the way perhaps. It didn't really matter to her who got the position, but what if the next keeper wound up the same way as Sir Morgan? A few had voted for dis and Kendra hoped the same fate didn't befall her but knew she'd feel terribly guilty if it did.
"Undisclosedtoyou gets my vote".

Marguerite

Marguerite narrowed her eyes at the voting and put her vote in for Moirae to shuffle the votes up a bit but she would hope those voted in would work to help out the group.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Izu

What a horrible day was today. He looked around and sighed as he listened to his friends and fellow residents voting for a new estate keeper. He did believe that they should have waited for a little time to morn the poor Sir Morgan, but then again with a death like that... they did need a keeper as soon as possible. "I'll put my vote for the dear Valerian." He said after clearing his throat and sighing. What a horrible day...

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Ryven

Ryven entered later that evening, his hair damp from the shower.  He wore casual attire of a navy silk button up shirt and a pair of faded jeans.  "I hear Sir Morgan is no longer with us.  How unfortunate.  I say Moirae should take his place."  He said before making his way over to a large stocked bar in the room.

"Can I interest anyone in a drink?  I find my nerves are going to need one before the night is over," he said and began to prepare himself a mixture of citrus and vodka.

Darque Devil

Leaning against the wall fedora hat covering his face in brimmed shadows was Darque and he was being his usual anti-social self, when suddenly the eyes turned towards him awaiting a vote on the next in his opinion go die.... A smirk popped just before he raised his hand go lift his brim upward to make eye contact... His first thought was to pick himself but better judgment would be to just go with the flow... And pick someone you hate...

"aiden would be the perfect choice without a doubt... Just look at him. " he'd be lucky if anyone bit on that foolish idea, but Darque didn't stick around long enough to find out whipping around the corner and out the nearest exit and up the stairs.

desert ashes

Moirae smiled politely to those who had cast a vote in hir name and then said, "Thank you, but I think Valerian would do an excellent job."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Azhdeen

The shock of finding Sir Morgan dead with a vampire hanging over him has left him in a state of shock. He wanders away to regain his bearings for a moment taking deep breaths. As he comes back to an awareness of his surroundings he hears the discussion and sighs knowing that the vote is a necessary task.

He turns back to the group and looks them all over wondering who would be best for the role of Keeper. He doesn't know any of them or their strengths when his eyes alight on one of the ladies. Deciding that one person might be as good as another he cast his vote at random. "I vote for Kendra"

Autumn Sativus

We will be moving on tomorrow with or without the final vote.

If anyone wants to change their vote, now is the time to do so.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

The people had spoken. They wished Undisclosedtoyou to be the new Estate Keeper, to hopefully fill the shoes that Sir Morgan had left behind in his untimely death. The whispers were all hopes that Undisclosedtoyou would not see the same fate as poor Sir Morgan. With the votes collected, less one missing Resident, night was beginning to fall upon Saffron Stronghold once again. And the hopes through the Resident's were for a restful sleep, not involving anymore unexplained deaths. Miss Saffron advised that all Resident's take caution in their beds this evening and alert the others at any sign of danger or suspicious activity.

Final Votes
  • [5]Undisclosedtoyou - (Aiden, Remiel, Ty, ClockworkShadow, Kendra)
  • [3]Valerian - (Undisclosedtoyou, Izu, Moirae)
  • [3]Moirae - (Valerian, Marguerite, Ryven)
  • [1]Aiden - (Darque Devil)
  • [1]Kendra - (Azhdeen)
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

The night passed quietly and nothing was noticed until breakfast time when the Resident's gathered around the long table and began conversing. It was not until Miss Saffron arrived that it was pointed out that EvilEye was missing. After conducting a thorough search of the estate, it was discovered that EvilEye had been dragged from her bed in the middle of the night and out into the garden. The body lay on the steps leading out of the lounge to the entrance of the garden, two bloody bite marks in her neck.

It was only another moment before the bat was pointed out again, bloody faced and snorting as the group looked down at the second fallen Resident. "Something must be done!" Miss Saffron announced to the group. "We will vote. One of us must leave and we must hope that we do not fail to remove the threat." She looked to her Resident's and hurried off to ensure that the body of the Suite Owner would rest well. Such a horrible death to follow the first.

Players
  • Aiden
  • Azhdeen
  • ClockworkShadow
  • Darque Devil
  • EvilEye
  • Izu
  • Kendra
  • Marguerite
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Ty
  • undisclosedtoyou
  • Valerian

Roles
  • Angel
  • Doctor
  • Humans x6-7
  • Priest
  • Sire
  • Vampires x2-3
  • Thief
Us against the world

ClockworkShadow

The blood had fled from her features, but not for the same reasons as the unfortunate EvilEye.  Looking as pale as Death itself, she'd watched - in a quiet ill of ease - as the bat had cleaned itself, then flapped off, over the main building's roof, while seeming very self-satisfied.

Trying her best to put up a stoic and strong exterior, she let her eyes dance over the rest of the gathered group.  She pointed at one in particular who looked a bit more fidgety than the others, and growled in a low, shaking voice, "And where were you last night, Izu?"

The judgemental accusation, tinged with just a hint of the gut-churning fear that she felt, was clear in her voice.  She let her flashing, hazel eyes pass over the group one more time in a challenging manner, then she spun upon the ball of her right foot and stalked away... presumably to find some tea.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Darque Devil

The sudden screams could be heard in the garden from his seat at the breakfast table... while everyone got up to look around and follow the blood trail, I on the other hand took this perfect opportunity to catch up on the hunger that had me tossing and turning all night long. "I love a mid-night snack but... this is the breakfast of champions right here..." looking up to see that the dinning room had completely cleared, he shrugged and reached over to take a healthy helping of seconds...then thirds. " sounds like some of you lost your appetite, oh well".

Corn Muffin in hand and coffee to match he made his way out to where the accusations where being tossed around. A curious brow was raised before the words crept from his lips. " Let he without sin throw the first stone, and yet you stand here slinging boulders... where were you last night ClockworkShadow?"

Ryven

He emerged from the kitchen with an assortment of muffins in a large basket to feed the masses that had gathered at the estate once more.  Ryven hadn't been in the room but thirty seconds before accusations began to fly.  With a heavy sigh, he set the basket down on the table and took a clean mug to fetch himself some coffee.

"I wouldn't take any of this personally right now.  I doubt anyone has any solid evidence as to who actually murdered our dear friend.  Still, it would be nice to know exactly what Kendra was doing last night, hmm?"  He said as he stirred his coffee.

undisclosedtoyou

Another death; it was enough to really worry her.  One death was unusual, but two, and to be found in such a way, really made her on edge.  Her soft brown eyes traveled over the room, stopping lightly on each person present, and wondering if any one of them could have been responsible for this horrifying chain of events.  The speculations and suspicious questions going around passed over her, and she laid the back of her hand against the warm skin of her forehead, the cool touch helping to ground her.

"I agree with Ryven, we can't know for sure until we've heard from everyone, and I think we should start with Ty." 
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

desert ashes

It really was a guessing game at this point.  Moirae's eyes swept over the assembled lots before shi gave a small shrug and said, "Darque Devil.  I'm sorry, it's nothing against you, but suspicion needs to start somewhere."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes