Sleepy Hollow:Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Interest Check)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, March 11, 2015, 01:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

Sleepy Hollow

For many years the people in Sleepy Hollow have known that their town isn't quite the same as others. Always there are rumors floating of ghosts in the forest, souls trapped beneath the city. No one believes this of course. There is even proof that a witch coven used to occupy the small city though witches are about as real as unicorns or vampires. At least, the citizens of Sleepy Hollow believe so. All is quiet in their town most nights, the police department does it's job well. For the citizens of Sleepy Hollow that would change though, and rapidly. Unknown to them a demon by the name of Gothmog has had his share of hell. He's called upon the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to make the Earth ready for his reckoning. Gothmog is lord of the Balrog's said to be 12 feet tall weilding a flaming whip and an ax which he's gifted to the first Horsemen sent to Sleepy Hollow. The ax has the ability to cut into steel and cauterize wounds immediately, leaving little to no blood. Only Dragon's can rival the strength and ferocity of the Balrog.

In 1781 a soldier by the name of Ichabod Crane on a mission from General George Washington himself beheaded a horsemen, the horsemen himself at the same time seals Ichabod's fate killing him. As the two lay, one dying, the other already dead, their blood intermingled some of the dark rider's black blood finding it's way into Ichabod's body. Not knowing he is one of the two witness spoken of in the book of Revelation Ichabod is preserved, his life saved, placed into a tomb awaiting the day the world has need for him, with no knowledge of his fate, or what he is to do.

Abigail Mills, a police officer making a routine check up with her superior watches in horror as he's beheaded by a Headless Horsemen upon a white steed. Her life, in that moment forever changed. Unsure if she is going insane Abigail sets out to find the Horsemen and kill him, seeking revenge for her fallen companion. Though with the coming of the Horsemen Ichabod has been pulled from his grave to stop him. Together they make the two witnesses. Fated to stop the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse together. The only ones who can protect the world from the forces of Hell and all those trying to escape from it. The Four Horsemen aren't the only thing the two of them must worry about, as the gateway between Hell and Earth has been opened other, smaller, demons have slipped through the cracks including two of the seven deadly sins personified, Lust and Wrath.

Unknown to the two of them, there are people, scattered all over the world willing to help them. Treasure Hunters who know a little bit more than they are saying, Librarians who had read more text than others, Palm Readers who aren't blowing smoke up asses, even ministers who have come face to face with demons and know that they are all too real.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

The Four Horsemen, thought to be symbolic of events to take place at the end of times are the bringers of the end of times. When all joined together they will ride and bring upon the Earth their gifts, Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death. Created by their master Gothmog, they are riders of old, from different eras and time, all await their release in hell. They are near impossible to kill, none can ride while the suns pure light shines upon the Earth. So, under cover of darkness do they descend. While the seal remains intact they are trapped in hell, though Gothmog knows where the new Lamb of God is, and intends to have his minions slay it, making the necessary sacrifice to break the first four seals and release his Horsemen.

The first Horseman is called Pestilence, and is associated with infectious disease and plague. The horseman on the white horse was clad in a showy and barbarous attire. While his horse continued galloping, he was bending his bow in order to spread pestilence abroad. At his back swung the brass quiver filled with poisoned arrows, containing the germs of all diseases man has ever known. To be shot with an arrow is to suffer such diseases, maybe only some of them, possibly all of them. Through modern science a lot are curable, though with the power of the Horsemen he has the ability to quicken the disease rate, killing some victims quickly, while others he has the ability to slow down, drawing out their death.

The second Horsemen is deemed War or mass slaughter. His horse's color is red, often cloaked in ethereal flames. When his sword is charged, the lives having been claimed by it either directly or vicariously he holds his sword upright, a declaration of War upon the Earth. Though he doesn't just represent conquest, the second Horsemen also deals in civil war. Plotting once good friends, lovers even, against each other. His power growing as they turn against one another. Each drop of blood spilled by his hand readying his weapon of destruction to bring the world to chaos.

The third Horsemen is dubbed Famine riding upon a powerful black steed with scales in his hand. Not only does he bring the plague of locust but also the gap of wealth to light. Leaving oil and wine untouched in his power so only the wealthy may be able to afford to eat. Though with the times Famine has adapted. No longer do his powers call upon food alone but wealth in general. The scales he holds have the ability to seep those of their wealth leaving them with a burning hatred for their unaffected neighbor.

The fourth Horsemen is revered as Death and Hades was following with him as he rides upon a pale grey horse. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth. Given unto Death the ability to take lives, though he must do so manually, through ax and animal manipulation. At his side the red hot ax of Gothmog. Each life he takes brings his master power. In him lies the power to corrupt animals, turn them against people and claim lives in the name of Gothmog. He, the only Horseman granted this ability is the first to arrive in Sleepy Hollow, slipping through the cracked fourth seal of seven, one that never truly formed all the way again. He will bring his brothers, together they will ride and rise their master Gothmog.
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Ceralilly

Which category would this me set in? I'm interested, but tend to fall more into an extreme writer category. If the plot evolves as awesomely as it looks like, I may be interested in milder thematics. :-)
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

AmbrosiaPudding

As it is a group game, and it involves demons, if it catches enough interest I would put it in Extreme: Small Groups.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

I updated the first page with a bit more information, as I didn't want everyone to think that the roleplay was about the movie Sleepy Hollow. I hope that's okay as it is an update of info.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Duvemes

Ooh ooh!! Pick me!!!

So so so very interested.

Are you looking for people to play the horsemen? Or the people trying to stop the horsemen?

Bookmarked!

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Duvemes on March 31, 2015, 10:14:26 PM
Ooh ooh!! Pick me!!!

So so so very interested.

Are you looking for people to play the horsemen? Or the people trying to stop the horsemen?

Bookmarked!

Both! I plan on playing a Witness . . .maybe.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Duvemes

Oooooooooooh. WELL, I would definitely be interested in either role. Though if I'm a horseman, I would have to insist on being War. Provided that that's alright, of course. =3

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Duvemes on March 31, 2015, 11:41:59 PM
Oooooooooooh. WELL, I would definitely be interested in either role. Though if I'm a horseman, I would have to insist on being War. Provided that that's alright, of course. =3

Of course!

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Ceralilly

Yaaay More interest! I have been trying to spread the word!
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop