The Realms Beyond - Modern & Fantasy [Recruitment Open] LGBTQIA+

Started by Wistful Dream, July 24, 2022, 05:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmeralgirl

Ah a king! Then I'll love to play a commander of nightmare then :)

Wistful Dream

Geeklet

I'm keeping an eye on this, hoping I can find a character idea that fits in well and inspires me.

Swashbuckler

Wisti,  would you please reserve Oscar Isaac and KJ Apa for me?

I will be making the owner of The Story Keeper and a demi-fae to be named later...

XD

(editted, copied the wrong name)

Rustic

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on July 28, 2022, 09:14:51 AM
I have read this game, but I lack the inspiration to add anything worthwhile to this story, so I am revealing my interest but mainly to fill any needed gaps. Such as desired plots or roles. If there aren't much needed, then that's about where my interest ends.

Also, let me clarify. I mean if players already approved in the game have any desired roles or plots. I read the list of available occupations per each kingdom, but I was never good at making a character to make one. I have to have some story or purpose driving my character's existence. That purpose is the soul of anything I would create, and I cannot come up with anything.  -_-

Maybe it's just an off day for me. I will give this a few days to brainstorm.

Are you looking to tie into the grand story developing, or more with individual characters, one on one? If grander plot we could talk (send me a PM) so you can see how certain occupations might interact with our growing story.

Quote from: Esmeralgirl on July 28, 2022, 09:53:47 AM
Ah a king! Then I'll love to play a commander of nightmare then :)

Great! They can use a commander. I could see her working closely with Ayden, the king. There's a lot going on in winter with the Voidborn. I can send you a quick blurb about the nightmares via PM, if you don't mind?

Quote from: Geeklet on July 28, 2022, 10:02:46 AM
I'm keeping an eye on this, hoping I can find a character idea that fits in well and inspires me.

Geeky! Join us!

Wistful Dream

Marking your reserves, though running Story Keeper will depend on Rayne's approval as that is a position in the Court her Kieran rules. :)

Swashbuckler

Quote from: Wistful Dream on July 28, 2022, 10:25:57 AM
Marking your reserves, though running Story Keeper will depend on Rayne's approval as that is a position in the Court her Kieran rules. :)

Ok, I will draft him up and send him her way.  If she doesn't like it or has the spot planned I can always change.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Geeklet on July 28, 2022, 10:02:46 AM

Do it do it do it do it do it do it!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Esmeralgirl

Quote from: Rustic on July 28, 2022, 10:25:37 AM

Great! They can use a commander. I could see her working closely with Ayden, the king. There's a lot going on in winter with the Voidborn. I can send you a quick blurb about the nightmares via PM, if you don't mind?

Sure, feel free to PM me whatever details you think are necessary and I must know.

CurvyKitten

This looks so awesome I just haven’t come up with a solid concept unfortunately. Not sure if you’re seeking something?. But I just had to say the game looks great. :)

Rustic

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 29, 2022, 07:55:38 PM
This looks so awesome I just haven’t come up with a solid concept unfortunately. Not sure if you’re seeking something?. But I just had to say the game looks great. :)

Hi CurvyKitten! Thank you for the kind words!

If you go to this message on the first page, at the bottom of each court is a spoiler that lists possible roles we're looking for. Let me know if that helps or need to know more.  :-)

Wistful Dream

And this goes over the current plot lines!

Current Plotlines

For brainstorming purposes I wanted to outline the current plotlines characters can hook into.
Summer
The Great Challenge - games to start shortly, but if you are interested in playing a competitor please let me know! That will help with the set up of the event. If you have a particular event you would want your character to participate in please include that in your information.
The Fading King - gossip swirls around the King who has been fading these past few years, something in him having shifted and altered his will to live. He was too proud at first to admit this to the public, and only recently announced that the Proving would be run. This has never happened like this before, and those who would claim the throne of summer are gathering.

Autumn
Predications Attempted - Autumn historians, scholars and scientists have gathered to work together to try and predict the next barrier breaches and where they might be to prepare for the Void Insurgence. Long hours, high stakes, and a hope of protection people in time.
Flickers in the Library - Strange null zones have appeared in the Great Library, causing a prickle of unease.

Winter
Increasing Insurgencies - More frequently the Voidborn attack, and in increasing numbers, with Winter and the other Court soldiers having to carefully watch the blasted lands.
Dreamweavers Dispatched - Dreamweavers are being summoned to the Midnight Palace by request of the King.

Spring
Attempted Assassination - Only an old friend kept Darina from being killed by a performer invited to the Palace of Joy, but the truth behind the attack, and those pulling the strings is still unknown.
The Calling - Recruitment for the Thorns has sharply increased, as has the request for healers to be sent to the Palace for self defense lessons prior to their assignments to other Courts.

TreyWalker

Scin

Wistful Dream

CurvyKitten

I'm looking through the characters now, but is there one that covers the identities and so forth for the different very long lived Fae? I have no idea what sort of fae it would be but the concept is someone born during the industrial revolution. So they grew up while the world was growing and changing the most when it came to technology evolving. Just an idea, but I don't want to step on toes.

Wistful Dream

We have fae as old as the start of time, from all the different types laid out in the Character creation post. I don't think you can step on any toes.

Rustic

If they're from the industrial revolution they sound very young actually compared to some of the fae in game.  :-) They're all immortal so many have been around for thousands, even billions of years old. Of course we have younger fae too, some as young as 20 or 80 years old.

As Wisti mentioned you can look at the character creation post on the first page.

It sounds like a great concept though. I'm curious to see what you come up with!  :-) I'm sure you won't step on anyone's toes.

CurvyKitten

I'm just trying to figure out what sort of Fae she'd be. Hmmm... LOL

Rustic

Describe her a bit, maybe we can suggest a few things. :-)

CurvyKitten

Still getting a feel for Charlie. But she is creative, and bold, always wanting to know how something works. A bit mischievous and fun loving but when it comes to her work she can get lost to it. Losing track of time and not taking care of herself like she should. Hmm what else. She loves the mortal world, and all the nifty things it holds.

Sorry I know she is still developing within my mind. hehehe

Wistful Dream

That sort of character could work well as a Nature Fae, perhaps a nymph or dryad of some sort, or a demifae, a daimon is another option.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Wistful Dream on July 30, 2022, 07:28:45 PM
That sort of character could work well as a Nature Fae, perhaps a nymph or dryad of some sort, or a demifae, a daimon is another option.

I had an idea for a nymph dryad type, I could combine the two and see what comes of it. Hmmm....ideas percolating! 

EDIT~ My problem is I don't see a Nyphm or a dryad being into the evolution of man and their tech. Again hmmmm I could take another angle to it. BAH LOL

Rayne

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 30, 2022, 07:43:09 PM
I had an idea for a nymph dryad type, I could combine the two and see what comes of it. Hmmm....ideas percolating! 

EDIT~ My problem is I don't see a Nyphm or a dryad being into the evolution of man and their tech. Again hmmmm I could take another angle to it. BAH LOL

That might work as a goblin type- we do have one already that is a mechanic so that could be an automatic connection :)

Rustic

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 30, 2022, 07:43:09 PM

Well Fae can always go against their archetypes. :-) Makes the characters more interesting even. A usually nature loving type of fae who loves technology, sounds pretty cool.

We don't have any mermaids or selkies yet, but not sure if you want something water based.