What do you miss about the old video games?

Started by Koren, April 14, 2011, 09:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Moriden

RPG's actually being made in English. These days anything that fits the actual "RPG" mold is called a Jrpg. More often then not there only made for portable systems now as well. : /

Moriden

Cainetheliving

I started out playing on game consoles (still do some) but moved on to the larger MMOs on my computer. I do not miss that terrible pain in my thumb from playing nintendo so much that I couldn't comfortably grab a pencil for days. I do, however, miss the excitement of something new. Seeing them conquer some new level of design that made things look better and play better. I still get it every now and then with some of the new games but it is nothing like the first time I played mario or excite bike. I also miss playing a game through just to see if I could beat it then coming back later because they had that random running tally of points in the corner and seeing if I could beat previous scores. I also miss being able to play multiplayer on the same game with only one tv. We complained then because the screen wasn't big enough and now the screens are much larger and I need multiple systems and tvs to play with friends.

As someone else posted, I don't think I would say they were better than what I have now. Still, at that time I was willing to try just about any game to see how good it was and now I pass over 80 percent of the games. I just miss that feeling of excitement. That wonderful new adventure.

Story Tale

The thing I miss most about old games is blowing the cartridge out so they would work again. That and smacking the top of the console would fix any bug! I felt like a God.