News:

Main Menu

Super sad video

Started by Falcy, August 03, 2011, 01:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcy

So I was browsing some forums the other day and someone posted a really sad video from a commercial.
It's called Silence of Love, from a company called Thai Life Insurance.

Fair warning before viewing the video, this has a very high chance of making you sad.

Silence of love (Official English Subtitle) TVC Thai Life Insurance

Xanatos

Dang, that was sad. It was good though. Good in a sad way, heh.

Falcy

Yeah, it is good because it hits the right spot.
And I think that made it a very successful commercial, despite how sad it it T.T

TheGlyphstone

Sad and confusing.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

The girl apparently lived, but at the end was he dead instead?

Falcy

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 03, 2011, 10:05:49 AM
Sad and confusing.

The girl apparently lived, but at the end was he dead instead?

I'll answer that in a spoiler box.
Yeah, the dad did die, if you look during the video, it shows the umm.. thing.. I forgot the name of it, but it shows he doesn't have a heartbeat anymore. Thus he's dead :(

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Falcy on August 03, 2011, 11:09:18 AM
I'll answer that in a spoiler box.
Yeah, the dad did die, if you look during the video, it shows the umm.. thing.. I forgot the name of it, but it shows he doesn't have a heartbeat anymore. Thus he's dead :(

I saw that, but wasn't certain whose monitor it was - it could have been hers before she regained consciousness.

Shjade

Yeah, it's ambiguous. No confirmation of the outcome.

I highly doubt a grown man would die from the loss of blood it would take to stabilize a girl 1/3rd his size, but then, I'm not a doctor.

Sidenote: that's a long commercial. O.o
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Oniya

It would depend on how much blood she needed.  I think losing something like 20% of your blood volume can send you into shock?  That's about a 2-liter bottle for a grown man.  (too much DFH)
And research for vampire stories
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Xanatos

Why are we all using spoilers? o.O -feels like we are all whispering so the cantankerous neighbor next door doesn't come chasing after us with his sawed-off double barrel shotgun-

Aiden

Saerrael

That was really sad, yes. And very, very good.

Quote from: Aiden on August 03, 2011, 09:53:15 PM
Fuck I sat on my keys!

Hhahahahahah!

Oniya

Quote from: Xanatos on August 03, 2011, 09:47:20 PM
Why are we all using spoilers? o.O -feels like we are all whispering so the cantankerous neighbor next door doesn't come chasing after us with his sawed-off double barrel shotgun-

Well, I figured my comment sort of gave away the same plot point as everyone else's.  The sub-spoiler was more for humor value.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17