Any easy way to compress pictures?

Started by Liayra, June 25, 2012, 06:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liayra

Hi!

I have been playing around with pictures for characters and avatars and the like, is there a way to automatically compress jpg pictures in a directory without having to open them one by one in your image program? Some of them take so much disk space and I honestly don't have the time to manually lower their quality or size.

Help!

Beguile's Mistress

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but an image can be resized when added to a post  using the following code [img width=xxx]http://where xxx is the desired width in pixels.  The height is automatically adjusted to keep the proportions.  Click 'Quote' to see the coding.

Oreo

Is it possible for you to use a flash drive? They can be very inexpensive, but hold a ton of pictures.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Liayra

Yes but, I only have one flash drive right now and it's almost full!

I will try to explain what I wish for, although it might not exist. I want a program that with only a few clicks automatically reduces the size of a bunch of pictures, be it by resizing them or by compressing them into a lower quality. I hope that I'm making sense! Any ideas?

Oreo

I have not tried this program, but it seems to be the type you are looking for: Fotosizer. You can also store on sites like Photobucket and remove the original pictures from your PC.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Liayra

Yes!!! Thank you very much Oreo! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Oreo

Happy to be of help. I'd love to hear if it works as well as described. :D

Liayra

It's perfect!

You can choose the desired % of quality and how much you want to resize it. You can write the desired size and it will escalate automatically so that it doesn't looks weird. There is also an option to ignore pictures that are smaller than the desired size, which is realy useful! There also preset sizes, like 1080p which is the one that I'm using now so... it's great!

Oreo

Awesome. I might have to give it a try myself. Especially the ones from my camera. I don't need them quite as huge as they are loaded.

Sarena

Oh that is a nifty little program!  Thank you for bringing this up, Liayra and thank you, Oreo, for posting the link.  *grins*
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".