New System-less Game Recruiting : Dark, Evil & Twisted await you

Started by TexasWarren, April 21, 2024, 12:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasWarren

Hello and thank you for reading. This is an Interest check for a System-less D&D Style, reverse Dungeon Group game. The details are below so please post/comment if it is something you would be interested in playing. Depending on numbers, it may be a Small or  Big group (The determination is 6 or more players and GM).

Update 4-25: We have 9 starting Players and are getting underway soon. As of now we won't accept additional players, but we should open up again soon. You may still post interest here and I will take people in the order they posted. Thank you.

The most important aspects to know is that this is a DARK Theme game with a posting rate of 1x a week (or more). Here we go...

Southtide map

Game: The Abode of the Damned (AoD)
  • A System-less Game (No Dice, Min. rules) In either Small or Big Group Games: Extreme
  • Open to anyone on E of any gender or Orientation. We are LGBTQIA+ Friendly. My goal is about 10 Players.
  • This is a Fantasy Setting
  • Story: You are taking a break from Adventuring and traveled to the pleasant little town of Southtide. While there you do some exploring and get some much needed Rest & Relaxation. One day you discover a cave and choose to inquire inside. Everything seems fine until you round a curve and hear a strange sound behind you. Before you can react you are struck down, unconscious. You awaken in a small, dark and damp cell unsure just how long you have been there. You are also completely naked, all your clothing and possessions gone.
  • Once we have at least 5 Players there will be a Character Sheet Template posted. You may be any Gender and Humanoid race. All races will be sexually compatible.
  • No Required outside Resources. All rules will be posted on E.
  • Please make at least 1 Posts a week (or more). I would like a fast pace.
  • The amount of Sex Vs. Story will depend on the Players. I assume about 50/50.
  • The story is intended to be DARK. Monsters, Evil, BDSM, CNC, etc. Please tag posts as needed. You must respect all players individual limits (see below).
  • Important: By joining the game, you MUST agree to certain activities. If any of the below is a Hard Limit (off) for you, this game is NOT a good fit:
  • Penetration: Oral, Vaginal, Anal
  • M/F, M/M, F/F, MMF, MFF, etc.
  • BDSM
  • Cunnilingus and/or Fellatio
  • Humanoid and Non-Human (Monster) sex
  • Non-Consensual Sex

The games Hard Limits are Pedophilia and all E. rules apply to all posts, in and out of Character. Any activity NOT on the list above MUST be negotiated between players. The GM and all Players agree to abide by these conditions.

♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥

Game Master Info
  • While your PC has a goal (Escape) and you will be confined to a Dungeon, you are free to choose your own path and what/where to explore. Fight or run, be good or evil.
  • There will be a plethora of opportunities for each PC and a wide variety of choices.
  • NPC’s (humanoid and Monster) will mostly be handled by myself, the GM. There may be NPC options for other players on a case-by-case basis as the game progresses.
  • The GM is on E every day and will be very actively involved.
  • There will be an OOC Thread for Players to chat.
  • Questions may be posted here, or you may PM me as well. I am also sometimes on Discord, but not every day (txwarren)
  • All challenges will be resolved by the GM. Your PC will not die/be killed in game unless you leave the story. I will use behind-the-scene dice rolls as needed. PvP may resolve their own issues provided neither PC is killed.
♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥

Additional Information:
  • As this is a group game, please be mindful of other players and the GM. Dropping without notice is highly discouraged and rude. Also respect any players Hard Limits (See above).
  • Players agree to a min. of 2 posts a week. Any PC not posting (without notice) in game after two weeks will be killed in gruesome fashion.
  • New PC’s are welcome at any time and will always start within a Cell as described above.
  • No specific writing style is required. Post length should be sufficient to move your PC forward.

If you are interested in this Game, please post below. You may include a character idea or just post interest. Please no Characters or PC sheets here. Be sure to state that you have READ AND ACCEPT the above rules. Thank you for reading, tell your friends.

When you post interest, please include what gender is your PC likely to be, and what gender(s) are you willing to play against as well. Thank you.

Waiting List:

Lyrical

Dropping an interest flag here 🏱

I'm thinking of a Tiefling Sorcerer (or a rogue) if someone else really wants sorcery. I'm open to playing a Half-Elf as well if you don't want Tiefling's. Also "fuck" I've been thinking about exploring darker and out of my comfort zone.

How much character detail/outline do you want here?

schnookums

This is very relevant to my interests! I have read and accept the rules in the post.Character ideas to follow once you're ready for them ;)

crabmouse

Sorvoe551

I’m definitely interested. Have a Halfling Rogue I’ve been trying to get into a game for months now.

TexasWarren

@Lyrical Tiefling is fine and any class you want works. Also thanks for the fuck. What gender is your PC likely to be, and what gender(s) are you willing to play against please?

@schnookums  Just a brief Race/class here is great for now. Thank you. What gender is your PC likely to be, and what gender(s) are you willing to play against please?

@crabmouse Hello and welcome to E. If you can post your Race/class idea and that you read and understand the rules please. What gender is your PC likely to be, and what gender(s) are you willing to play against please?

@Sorvoe551 A halfling Rogue is great. Please confirm you read and accept the rules. What gender is your PC likely to be, and what gender(s) are you willing to play against please?

So this is a great and fast response. Definitely looking for more but I will message an Admin and see about getting a sub board set up. I will post the LINK in the OP once it is ready.

Warren

Sorvoe551

Quote from: TexasWarren on April 22, 2024, 10:56:19 AM@Sorvoe551 A halfling Rogue is great. Please confirm you read and accept the rules. What gender is your PC likely to be, and what gender(s) are you willing to play against please?
Certainly! I have read the rules above and fully accept the required kinks. I’m also willing to indulge some spicier one if you wish to spice up the monster variety. Hell, “bad ends” can also be on the table, though I wouldn’t force that on any player that didn’t want to do that.

My Halfling, Strider, is female and she’s pansexual, so any gender is perfectly fine. She’s 30” tall and weighs 30 lbs, so she’s easily manhandled if the situation calls for it. 

WiCk3d

I have read the rules above and accept the kinks as they are laid out! A female tieflingplaying against any gender is fine with me!   
Response time: About a week
Availability for rp: I am not looking for new rp partners.
Counter~
O's & O's~
My Plots ~ Updated 1/10/2023

Lyrical

Quote from: TexasWarren on April 22, 2024, 10:56:19 AM@Lyrical Tiefling is fine and any class you want works. Also thanks for the fuck. What gender is your PC likely to be, and what gender(s) are you willing to play against please?

So this is a great and fast response. Definitely looking for more but I will message an Admin and see about getting a sub board set up. I will post the LINK in the OP once it is ready.

Warren

I always play female and prefer opposite male characters. I am flexible if needed and fully agree to all the rules and terms as laid out.  I am also willing to go as far as your Ons as you have personally listed

Sorvoe551

Oh yeah, I also checked out your O/Os and am fine with all those.

Foxy DeVille

Hello! I've read your rules and am up for those kinks plus more. 😈

My character idea is a genderfluid pansexual dark elven cleric of Eilistraee, up for playing with anyone. 

LeatrixSage

Write me in on a maybe? I am interested, but I'm a novice for group games on forum. Not usually part of my wheelhouse. Curious but uncertain, sums it up nicely.

If I decide to play, it'd be human ranger, female. Generally prefer male partners, but open to other options.

I have read the rules and fully accept the required kinks.  
Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me. The carriage held but just ourselves, and Immortality.

“Oh, you don’t have to worry about that. I only take what’s given. And you will give it to me. We can dance all night until then.”
– A clever friend.

TexasWarren

UPDATE: 6 PM-ish CST 1/22

NSFW image

The OP table has been updated. Looks like we need some Males, but this game works with any mix of PCs. I am talking to a STAFF person about getting our group SubBoard set up. I am also working on PC sheets, rules, maps, Etc.

Please be patient with me.

I am not/Will not ask anyone to play anything they are not happy with! Limits are to always be respected.

@Sorvoe551 Thank you
@WiCk3d Welcome and Thank you
@Lyrical Thank you
@Foxy DeVille Welcome and Thank you
@LeatrixSage Welcome and Thank you. Is there anything you need from me to tip the scales to a Yes? A Queen of ♦ Perhaps?

magikal

Hi,
I saw your thread and know that several people have already shown interest but I want to throw my name into the ring too.

I'd like to play a human female barbarian or a elven cleric with a focus on healing, depending on what you think the party needs for balancing. 

I understand the game is dark. All of the things listed hardcore are fine. I'm fine having a character attracted to both males and females. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Magikal

Take a look at my Os/Os to see if we're compatible.
My Ons and Offs
Magikal's F-list
I plan on posting 3 to 5 times per week, maybe more as time allows.
If I'm waiting on a post for you for 2 weeks, I will just remove the game from my list. Please message me to let me know you are still interested.
I am looking for a few new games right now- check out https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=342389.0

Unholy

Tentative interest, though admittedly you have quite a few folks interested already! (And as per your O/Os..."fuck!") This game feels like just the inspiration I'd need to get back into writing.

I agree to the activity requirements/kink list mentioned as well. I certainly have zero objection to my character getting gruesomely axed if I don't meet the activity requirement--dungeons are dangerous, after all! :D

If I were to get to play, I think I'd be most interested in playing a male half-elf fighter (or maybe bard). I'm fine with any/all gender pairings.

Sorvoe551

TexasWarren

UPDATE: Noon-adjacent CST 4/23

To have our Big Game Extreme sub board we need to have 5 or more PC SHEETS, so today I will be approving people for the game. I have set up a thread for PC Sheets, and a Code format. This is ONLY for approved players and you MUST get a Stats PM from me first! Please do not post in the sheets thread without that or I will delete it. PLEASE Wait for my PM!

PC Sheets Thread for approved Players

If you are faster than me and anything is unclear on the sheet, leave it blank for now. Only post ONCE please.

I am working on the more detailed rules and am trying to get them posted today as well.

@magikal Welcome
@Unholy Welcome
@Sorvoe551 Thank you

Sorvoe551

I’m gonna need some clarification on the stats and skills, especially since we aren’t really rolling and rarely do you get 8 skill proficiencies in D&D. I’ll fill mine out once it’s sorted out

Lyrical

Quote from: TexasWarren on April 23, 2024, 12:09:58 PMUPDATE: Noon-adjacent CST 4/23

To have our Big Game Extreme sub board we need to have 5 or more PC SHEETS, so today I will be approving people for the game. I have set up a thread for PC Sheets, and a Code format. This is ONLY for approved players and you MUST get a Stats PM from me first! Please do not post in the sheets thread without that or I will delete it. PLEASE Wait for my PM!

PC Sheets Thread for approved Players

If you are faster than me and anything is unclear on the sheet, leave it blank for now. Only post ONCE please.

I am working on the more detailed rules and am trying to get them posted today as well.

@magikal Welcome
@Unholy Welcome
@Sorvoe551 Thank you

sent you a PM response with a draft CS and a few questions

TexasWarren

Quote from: Sorvoe551 on April 23, 2024, 12:19:46 PMI’m gonna need some clarification on the stats and skills, especially since we aren’t really rolling and rarely do you get 8 skill proficiencies in D&D. I’ll fill mine out once it’s sorted out

Did my PM Answer your questions?

Also, the rules are poste now and that may help.

Quotesent you a PM response with a draft CS and a few questions

reply PM sent.

schnookums

QuoteJust a brief Race/class here is great for now. Thank you. What gender is your PC likely to be, and what gender(s) are you willing to play against please?

I was interested in playing female (I pretty much always play women tbh) but I'm okay with any pairings (I have a preference for M/F but I'm happy with all of them!) As for race/class...well I dunno if you want to stick to what's typically considered "core" type races, I'd love to play a kitsune, and going a bit against type thinking either a Paladin or Monk sort. But if said idea is not so ideal I can come up with others!

crabmouse

I'd be a wood elf ranger or a human knight. I'd play as a woman in both cases. I understand the rules.

TexasWarren

Quote from: schnookums on April 23, 2024, 07:44:09 PMI was interested in playing female (I pretty much always play women tbh) but I'm okay with any pairings (I have a preference for M/F but I'm happy with all of them!) As for race/class...well I dunno if you want to stick to what's typically considered "core" type races, I'd love to play a kitsune, and going a bit against type thinking either a Paladin or Monk sort. But if said idea is not so ideal I can come up with others!

All that is fine. I will PM you STATS for your PC.

Were still waiting for our board but there are rules posted now. Read them and also the Intro here. After that work on a sheet and post it here please.

QuoteI'd be a wood elf ranger or a human knight. I'd play as a woman in both cases. I understand the rules.

Same as above, read the rules and post a PC sheet please.

Welcome to you both.

Lyrical

i'm a little confused about the magic users vs other classes

if i understand, any class can take magical aptitude as a skill and then they can cast any spell of their level? (do we get access to all spells of the pc's level?)

it sort makes being a magic user of any kind, pointless other than one single skill? or in the case of the sorcerer they get one bonus skill?

magical aptitude vs any other skills feels very overpowered

would it maybe be better to make the Magical Aptitude skill only available to magic user classes? And/or maybe give them some minor magic thing like Prestidigitation free (like a Cantrip) or like Clerics (a heal) so they can fulfill the class fantasy?

otherwise it seems that it's best to just play a strong fighter/barbarian/rogue then take the magical aptitude skill and get the best of everything with very little drawback?

I think that's part of the reason that magic users usually aren't allowed heavy armors or strong physical attacks as well, so they are different from a class fantasy perspective

looking forward to clarification

TexasWarren

Quote from: Lyrical on April 24, 2024, 08:04:34 AMi'm a little confused about the magic users vs other classes

if i understand, any class can take magical aptitude as a skill and then they can cast any spell of their level? (do we get access to all spells of the pc's level?)

it sort makes being a magic user of any kind, pointless other than one single skill? or in the case of the sorcerer they get one bonus skill?

magical aptitude vs any other skills feels very overpowered

would it maybe be better to make the Magical Aptitude skill only available to magic user classes? And/or maybe give them some minor magic thing like Prestidigitation free (like a Cantrip) or like Clerics (a heal) so they can fulfill the class fantasy?

otherwise it seems that it's best to just play a strong fighter/barbarian/rogue then take the magical aptitude skill and get the best of everything with very little drawback?

I think that's part of the reason that magic users usually aren't allowed heavy armors or strong physical attacks as well, so they are different from a class fantasy perspective

looking forward to clarification

Lyrical,

Thank you for the feedback. I am going to take a second look at this based on your comments. 

This began as a simple game idea and has become, well more. I do not mind the extra work, but I still have a lot of WIP things going on, and frankly I did not expect such a great reception from the recruitment. 

We need the PC sheets to get the Sub Board approved. But I agree with you that Magic needs another look so I will be doing that and MIGHT steal your idea!

Thank you!

Everyone: It is VERY likely that SPELLS and some other rules will change. I will try and get them finalized soon. I appreciate your Patience and flexibility. Thank You.