Please Locate Your Zombie Apocalypse Survival Team Leader (Always Accepting)

Started by Red Offerings, October 27, 2014, 11:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Offerings

OOC/information thread is up! You will be able to also fill out your character sheet! ---->  Here

Profile thread ------> Here

IC Thread! -------> Here

That's right ladies and gentlemen! Halloween is this Friday and since I'm not seeing anyone recruiting for any kick ass zombie apocalypse role plays, I'm going to do it myself. Because that's the only way shit gets done anyways.

I'm on my iPad, so please forgive the lack of sparkly art and fluffy pictures, okay buttercup?

I'm looking for however many decent role players want to join what I hope will be an action packed, bloody, screaming orgy of madness. Right now you might be wondering what I mean by "decent role player". Well, apple dumpling, that's a great question. For my purposes, a decent role player is someone who's got a nice, firm grasp on proper sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and can type a post that's at least two puffy, fluffy paragraphs long. If you can do more, sugar tush, more power to you!

For pure chaos and crowd sake, we are going to have ourselves a university as the prime location for our plague bomb. Said university will be plopped right in the middle of a comfy, cozy city like...oh Hell, I don't know, Tokyo? London? Players will have an open field to choose if they role play a janitor, professor, student, or bum on the street. "But mommy," you say, "I don't wanna play a college kid. I eat them for breakfast." Listen, honey bun, if that's the case, don't get your nickers in a twist. You can also play one of the citizens of our host city!

As the GM, I will play the zombie throng, though I will accept assistance for anyone else who wants to get their soft little girly hands dirty.

To talk about characters a little more, you can have as many as you want. You can get all in depth about them too if you want. Or, you can create some "team red shirts" who get nommed on by the infected! Hell, daisy sniffer, you can do both!

I intend for this role play to allow for a decent mixture of down time, so that you sex fiends can get your rocks off, while the rest of us chainsaw our way to victory. This could very well be long term, if enough of you little balls of sunshine want to participate. And hell, there's no posting frequency because the zombies don't care about your real life problems!

FYI, zombie attacks will be created in special, totally freaking obvious posts for you people who are too important to read details. I will also highlight specific people who are being affected by the current attack by showing their character name in pretty colorful letters so that they don't have to read either.

When I get home, assuming folks aren't all offended and sore right now, I will post a profile skeleton and we can work on getting this ball rolling!

Don't worry, snicker doodle, I will be your Zombie Apocalypse Survival Team Leader.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Red Offerings

Please feel free to ask any questions, volunteer any ideas, or indicate your interest so that I know who wants to participate. My crystal ball is broken.   >:(
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Etherealgirl

Kerri

Interested (although I will warn you now... I'm new to groups, because everytime I try to join one I kill it)......

HHmmmm.....

Perhaps I should be the zombies.. then well if I kill it.... it's all good right. ;) j/k

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Red Offerings

Quote from: Etherealgirl on October 27, 2014, 12:52:32 PM
Ooh! Kinda interested in this. I'll be keeping my eyes on it.

Great, thanks for letting me know. Good news it doesn't need a set number to start, if I have one I'll take off.

Quote from: Kerri on October 27, 2014, 01:26:37 PM
Interested (although I will warn you now... I'm new to groups, because everytime I try to join one I kill it)......

HHmmmm.....

Perhaps I should be the zombies.. then well if I kill it.... it's all good right. ;) j/k

Lol Kerri, I know how you feel. It can be a real challenge getting a story off the ground. I've had a mix of successes and total flops! Don't let it get you down.

Since I have two of you already interested, I'll be posting the skeleton when I get home from work.

Red Offerings

I have created the OOC thread. That is also the thread where you can read additional information AND fill out the character sheet.

The link is at the top of the original thread.

Missy

Rel Mayer

Red Offerings

Quote from: Missy on October 27, 2014, 09:41:45 PM
This will be freeform and not system?

Yes to free form. I mean I'm portraying the zombies here. Unless you have a red shirt character, the aim isn't to kill them, it's to get them entangled in a massive fight for their life. Not to toot my own horn, I'm very reasonable, so unless someone is doing something massively dumb, the overall risk should be minimum. IF system dice is needed, I use a very simple 1d20 for combat or a 1d100 for how great or awful things get for a character(s). Make sense?

As for my zombies, who cares if they die. I mean 60% of the population of just L.A. is going to be infected. That's over 2 million zombies. And there's more where that came from.

Red Offerings

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Kerri

I must say that the way you seem to be setting this game up is very intriguing, it makes me want to play even more. I guess I'll be making a character sheet or two (haven't decided yet) either later today or tomorrow. I can't decide whether I want to start off with a paired set of characters, perhaps making the male into zombie bait or whether I just want to start off with a female out on her own. I think I'm going to make my girl (or people) tourists to the area. That way they are completely clueless just like I am with the area. ;)

Does any of this sound okay Red Offerings?

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Red Offerings

Quote from: Kerri on October 28, 2014, 08:30:58 AM
I must say that the way you seem to be setting this game up is very intriguing, it makes me want to play even more. I guess I'll be making a character sheet or two (haven't decided yet) either later today or tomorrow. I can't decide whether I want to start off with a paired set of characters, perhaps making the male into zombie bait or whether I just want to start off with a female out on her own. I think I'm going to make my girl (or people) tourists to the area. That way they are completely clueless just like I am with the area. ;)

Does any of this sound okay Red Offerings?

That would be just fine. Lots of tourists in L.A. and don't worry about getting bogged down by the technicalities with the location.

Oh and MAJOR kudos to anyone who creates a character and red shirts that character's boyfriend/girlfriend!

Red Offerings

Glad so many people are looking interested! The character sheets are on the OOC thread which is linked to the top of the page. You can send them in whenever. After I get a couple in, I will rev this bad boy up. But even after it's started, people can totally jump in at anytime. It just depends on if you want to be there for the very beginning.

Akhanu

I am interested in this as well. I will think of a character during the rest of the day.
Experience Chan! There's neither distance nor intimacy. Observation is like a family treasure. Whether with eyes, ears, body, nose, or tongue - It's hard to say which is the most amazing to use.
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

Lynnette

I'm very much interested, I saw this yesterday but held back a bit, but yeah, I'm definitely interested, been a while since the last time I saw a well-organized, structured apocalypse game. I'm currently pending if I should go with the stereotypical overpowered asian woman who appears far too well prepared trope, or if I should find something else. Either way, I'm definitely interested in this.

Has the apocalypse already started out, or is it starting when we start?
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Red Offerings

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on October 28, 2014, 09:41:43 AM
I'm very much interested, I saw this yesterday but held back a bit, but yeah, I'm definitely interested, been a while since the last time I saw a well-organized, structured apocalypse game. I'm currently pending if I should go with the stereotypical overpowered asian woman who appears far too well prepared trope, or if I should find something else. Either way, I'm definitely interested in this.

Has the apocalypse already started out, or is it starting when we start?

You can definitely play someone who was highly paranoid and just waiting for something like this to happen. We have people like that now, lol.

And that's a good question. It's going to literally be starting when we begin. I thought that might be unusual because I usually see role plays start out well after society breaks down. So I thought we could definitely explore the demise of the society organically in the game. But it's going to be moving very fast at the beginning. So we will literally be on the precipice.

Quote from: Akhanu on October 28, 2014, 09:40:27 AM

I am interested in this as well. I will think of a character during the rest of the day.

Great!

Quote from: Chreestafer on October 28, 2014, 10:47:24 AM
I'll be working on a character tonight :)

Sweet! :) looking forward to see what you guys come up with.

Etherealgirl

Woo. Sent character submission. If anyone wants to play my girl's girlfriend, (its weird saying that) lemme know. :D

Red Offerings

Oooh, the poll is pretty close between real pictures and people who want it all!

More importantly though, I have the profile thread up - just FYI. I've had one profile submission so far, they were approved. After I get a couple more approved we shall begin.

Angie

Not usually a fan of zombie games...but what the fuck, might as well!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Chreestafer

Quote from: Red Offerings on October 28, 2014, 06:32:02 PM
Oooh, the poll is pretty close between real pictures and people who want it all!

More importantly though, I have the profile thread up - just FYI. I've had one profile submission so far, they were approved. After I get a couple more approved we shall begin.

where is the link to the profile thread?

plus should we pm all characters you or post them here?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Red Offerings

Quote from: Angiejuusan on October 28, 2014, 07:15:09 PM
Not usually a fan of zombie games...but what the fuck, might as well!

Haha! Welcome aboard!

Quote from: Chreestafer on October 28, 2014, 07:17:41 PM
where is the link to the profile thread?

plus should we pm all characters you or post them here?

PM all characters to me first. This is just so I can get a peek.

Red Offerings

I have placed the link for the profile thread in the original post at the top, right below the OOC thread link.