Bleach Roleplay interest check (Canon Universe or AU)

Started by Lunar Raven, February 19, 2016, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunar Raven

Previous OP
Been feeling in the mood for a something Bleach recently (shinnigami, hollows, maybe even the quincy).  I don't know if I'll be able to run one at this point, but I thought to check on how many people would be interested.  For now, I'm open to the idea of something set in the canon Bleach universe (though probably not set in the current timeline), or having something more diverse in an alternate universe.

Canon-wise I'm thinking maybe a generation 1 sort of thing, set after the defeat of the Quincies by Yamamoto and the newly reformed Gotei into the Gotei 13, with the major villains being the rise of the hollows (and more specifically the Vasto Lordes - they've always been advertised as a major threat, yet we never really get to see that in play!)

Power levels overall at around Captain or Vice-Captain/Lieutenant class, or one step below, if players feel they'd like the opportunity to grow.

I'm thinking of having a very loose system in place, one that serves more to set guidelines rather than copious dice-rolling and whatnot, but still more on the freeform side of things.

F.A.Q.s
What about smut and such?  It can feature, certainly, but I won't encourage it to be a huge part of the game.  To that end, players can pursue such during 'interim' or quieter periods when the active plot isn't being pursued, and which I'll advise the playing out of which via PM or in the One-Shots section.  That said, building relationships or just being flirtative (such as marshmallow hell) is fine during the 'main' segment of the game as long as it's light.
        On that note, I'll be keeping things in the Light: Human/Exotic section of Elliquiy.

Does everyone have to be lovey-dovey/best buds with one another?  Not necessarily.  Rivalries are cool, and frenemies are better.  Given the nature for misunderstandings to happen, I fully advise you coordinate such rivalries with other players to ensure no misunderstandings, and give me a heads up.

Can I play a canon character?  I see no reason why not.  That said, their power-level will be adjusted to match that of the others.

OOC Page

Character Sheets

The general setting will be AU, which sets feudal era Japan/Asia alongside a feudal era Europe.  Hollows (normal hollows, not the advanced variations; more on that later) is seen as the main threat all across the world.  The Quincy and the Shinigami are the main supernatural agencies that deal with this problem, with the latter holding jurisdiction over mostly Asia and the former working over the European area.  The Quincies have Ywach as their emperor and the Shinigami have the Soul King (and they will not be at each others throats).  The focus of the game will be mostly dealing with the shinigami side of things, though there will be a quincy representative enclave for players so inclined.  Unlike canon, the Quincy and Shinigami are not enemies, but rivals for the same mission, with varying levels of competitiveness over the years.

Hollows (with dramatic increase in numbers in recent times) are the main enemy and are  stronger than they were in canon universe (enough so that a wiley or unusually powerful Hollow can trip up a Lieutenant-level shinigami if they're not careful).  Menos Grandes, Adjuchas, Vasto Lordes, and Arrancar variations have never been seen to date and are unknown (like common Hollows, they will be stronger to varying degrees than canon).

BACKGROUND INFO
Players will assume the roles of newly appointed (or soon to be appointed) Captains and/or Lieutenants (in this instance, it will not be necessary to have achieved Bankai to be a captain; raw talent, power and/or skill is acceptable) within the Gotei 13 following the numerous unexplained deaths and disappearances of previous captains in recent years.  Players for Sternritter will be newly arrived delegates to the enclave is Soul Society as they are having similar troubles on their side and a decision to coordinate efforts has been made.  Yamamoto will be the Captain-Commander of the Shinigami 1st Division and (like canon) the strongest (barring Zero Division), so all players are advised to create their characters at some level below this - all characters are to be of comparable power to one another.

Players are encouraged to create characters with unique personalities and/or hidden histories (to be PMed and revealed only in game).  Feel free to be creative - in addition to the ranks of the traditional shinigami institutions and schools, characters might be former rogue or reclused shinigami, augmentation experiments gone (mostly) right, artifical souls (gikon), etc...  The only exceptions will be no Visoreds (hollowfied shinigami) and Shinigami-Quincy hybrids (it is acceptable to be one, but this will be a secret history-type affair and you'll only be able to use your Shinigami side of the heritage).

For the most part, what I'll be looking for are characters with roleplay and story potential rather than their ability to kick arse (hell, that's a given!).

I forsee, throughout the game if we get far enough, three opportunities for characters to boost their powers (such as by hollowfication, secret heritage becoming dominant/active, achieving bankai (or a new improved form), or pushing ones skills in other regions to new heights).  In that sense, I'll encourage players to leave some room for development of their characters powers.

Below is an example character to illustrate how to fill out the character sheet and the code for the format follows after.  This link will take you to the Battle Disciplines google doc that will help you build the combat aspect of your character (if it looks too intimidating, just tell me how your character fights and I'll figure out the most relevant stuff for you).  Don't hesitate to PM if you need clarification, help, or have an idea you'd like help implementing.

EXAMPLE CHARACTER SHEET
Ryoko IWAKAWA - The Thunder Empress
Player: Jane Doe
Gotei Division: 2 (Onmitsukido/Secret Mobile Corps)
KINKS

• Vanilla
  • Unattainable romances
  • Exhibition

Height: 5' 8"; Weight: 145 lbs.; Build: Stout, athletic, voluptuous, 34C-28-38
Hair: Shoulder, straight, red; Eyes: Golden yellow
Distinguishing feature(s): Revealing shihakushō.  Carries captain's haori slung over her shoulder rather than wearing it (supposedly to avoid dirtying it; most suspect she's just an exhibitionist).  Strong countryside/rural accent.

Personality: Ryoko is a fairly easy going individual in her off-hours and makes it a habit of drinking with her subordinates.  During emergencies or during battle periods, Ryoko evinces a cold, calculating manner that is all about efficiency and achieving the greatest effect, even if that means the sacrifice of rank-and-file shinigami.  Whilst she doesn't do this unnecessarily, she'll still make the decision if she must.  Otherwise, Ryoko makes it a habit of getting along with her fellow captains, even those who don't care for her company.  She lacks the manners of high society, but comes across as a simple, boisterous woman.

Whilst Ryoko handles important tasks that obsolutely require her attention, she tends to delegate everything else that's boring and unexciting to her her underlings (beware!) so she can go out and gamble in the Rukongai.  Being spectacularly bad at it, most of her captain's earning are lost here and as a consequence, her house is one of the most dilapidated and understaffed among all the captains - whilst she doesn't mind this for herself, it's a constant embarrassment to her when people visit.  Her underpaid staff tend to go on the rebellious side.

Never ask her about her age.  On a lucky day, she'll smile mysteriously.  On every other day you're likely to get a face full of burning Kido.

Background: Growing up in the poorer districts of the Rukongai, Ryoko has generally been well used to poverty.  However, her brashness, killer instincts, and the gall to try and pick pocket a shinigami got her noticed.  Fortunately not for punishment.  She pushed through the Academy through sheer determination and even if she couldn't read when she first got in.  Since then, it has been nearly a hundred and fifty years pushing through the echelons of the second division.  Although her brashness rankled more a few, her undeniable genius in battles and burgeoning power got her noticed for lieutenancy, despite not following conventional teaching practices.  When the captain of her squad went MIA, Ryoko was a natural choice for replacement, even if not everybody agrees.

Hobbies & Specialties:

• Fishing at isolated mountain lakes.
  • Gambling (spectacularly bad at it, but always believes she'll hit that lucky break).
  • Sake drinking contests (regional champion).
  • Flirting, rarely with the intention of following up (Ryoko never seems to expect it to lead to anywhere and treats it as a time-killing exercise).
  • Sushi preparation (she's terrible at other foods, but takes great pride in her ability to do this one type of dish well).
  • Rumour claims she is skillful and vigorous in bed, yet no one actually seems to be able to directly confirm this, except that they heard it from someone who heard it from someone else.

Disciplines: Assassin 5, Harrier 3+2, Vanguard 0+2
[Assassin 5]  Ryoko has been groomed since the academy to be the captain of the Onmitsukido 2nd Division of the Gotei 13 and has taken its lessons to heart: to that end, she is willing to use every trick in the book, be it stealth attacks, diversions, offensive and binding Kido, or aggressive swordmanship - whilst she's far from being the master of any one, her unique style combines and complements aspects of all into an efficient whole, making her one of the most erratic, temperamental, and unpredictable combatants on the battlefield in the Gotei 13.

[Harrier 3]  Furthering the extension of her beliefs that opportunities should be grasped as quickly as possible, Ryoko is well trained and very proficient in the use of Shunpo/Flash-step and has an agile mind that allows her to notice things very quickly, giving her time to react to them.

SHIKAI: Kami Sasu (Divine Stab)
[Harrier +1]  Ryoko's shikai transforms to become a wakizashi with air element-based abilities, which is fast, easy to wield, and has lethal accuracy.  Furthermore, it's ability to enable her to make erratic zig-zag movements even when moving at her full speed, as well as shoot out almost invisible blasts of compressed air that can smash boulders, all enhance her already deadly skills.

BANKAI: Raijin Sasu (Thunder God Stab)
[Harrier +1]  When used in bankai, Ryoko's zampakto, further transforms, turning into a pair of armoured boots and gauntlets with protruding blades.  The boots jet out spirit particles with tremendous force, speeding her to incredible levels hard to match by even well-versed practitioners of flash step; moreover her zig-zag movements becomes a rapid short-ranged multi-teleportation effect, leaving disorientating sonic booms in their wake.

[Vanguard +2]  The gauntlets, like her boots, enhance the speed of her strikes to reach armour-piercing hypersonic speeds.  Even if they miss, the resultant sonic boom at such close range still clobbers the enemy with concussive force.  The gauntlets also have the ability to dampen the force of blows blocked with them, absorbing a portion of physical attacks made on them and channeling them into the blades to give them a greatly enhanced vibration-based piercing effect that can puncture or cut all but the most unique of defences.

[float=left][img padding=3 height=250]http://www.clker.com/cliparts/5/9/4/c/12198090531909861341man%20silhouette.svg.med.png[/img][/float][b][font=courier][size=20pt]CharNameHere[/size] [size=13pt][/size][/font][/b]
[b]Player:[/b] NameHere
[b]Gotei Division:[/b] NumberHere (Type.  If there is no type and you would like to make one up, feel free.)
[b]Rank:[/b] Captain/Lieutenant/3rd seat
[b]Gender:[/b] Gender; [b]Orientation:[/b] Sexual orientation
[spoiler=KINKS]Optional[/spoiler]

[hr]
[b]Height:[/b] 00' 00"; [b]Weight:[/b] 000 lbs.; [b]Build:[/b] Build
[b]Hair:[/b] Length, texture, colour; [b]Eyes:[/b] Colour
[b]Distinguishing feature(s):[/b] Feature(s) your character is best noted for by others.

[b]Personality:[/b] General personality, memorable quirks, character flaws.

[b]Background:[/b] General history known to most.  Secret histories can be PMed to GM.

[b]Hobbies & Specialties:[/b]
[list]
[li]Hobbies[/li]
[li]Hobbies[/li]
[/list]

[hr]
[b]Disciplines:[/b] DisciplineOverview
General ability description

[b]PRIMARY RELEASE:[/b] [i]Name[/i] (Translation optional)
[u][Boost +00][/u]  Description

[b]FULL RELEASE:[/b] [i]Name[/i] (Translation optional)
[u][Boost +00][/u]  Description

CURRENT DIVISION ALLOCATIONS
DIVISION 1
Captain: YAMAMOTO, Genryūsai Shigekuni (GM character)
Lieutenant: UKITAKE, Jūshirō (GM character)

DIVISION 2
Captain: (Empty)
Lieutenant: (Empty)

DIVISION 3

DIVISION 4
Captain: STARFADE, Rena (by KnightNelson20)

DIVISION 5
Captain: KUCHIKI, Ryūjin (GM character)
Lieutenant: Caska (by ravinwulf)

DIVISION 6

DIVISION 7
Captain: KASUMI, Kuragari (by pendarious)

DIVISION 8

DIVISION 9

DIVISION 10
Captain: Mashyuu (by Batman4560)
Lieutenant: reserved Chi (by Chasseybaby)

DIVISION 11
Captain: KENPACHI, Oshiro (by Primarch)

DIVISION 12

DIVISION 13

QUINCY ENCLAVE
Head: Sternlichter W - Drusillia Dunst - The Wrath (GM Character)
Sternritter Transfer: (Empty)
Sternritter Transfer: (Empty)
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Batman4560

I'll be the first to say that I'd be interested in doing either one. Though I think an AU allows for more freedom to tell a cool story.

VonDoom

Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Diesel Heart

I have an interest in this, if only to sate my eastern influenced setting craving.  I was aiming for something more historical (and still am) but this may be as close as I can get for now and I already have a character I can throw into this which would be adapted from a superhero/sentai thermokinetic with a penchant for Japanese swordsmanship.

wander

I'll keep an eye on this.

As for Vasto Lordes, weren't a few of the upper tier Espada those? They use Ulquiorra's silhouette to represent them in the manga and Starkk had so much reiatsu he was flat out killing other Hollows just by being near them... ^_^;

Lunar Raven

Hi guys!  Nice to know that there's at least a bit of interest for this :-)

Quote from: Batman4560 on February 19, 2016, 10:01:59 PM
I'll be the first to say that I'd be interested in doing either one. Though I think an AU allows for more freedom to tell a cool story.
I tend to think so to, though I suppose it will remain to be seen how many people likewise agree.

Quote from: VonDoom on February 19, 2016, 10:47:50 PM

Ah!  Mayuri Kurotsuchi, always a favourite.  But for Aizen and Yamamoto, he'd be one of the most arrogant shinigami around. ;D

Quote from: WardenIce on February 20, 2016, 12:44:01 AM
I have an interest in this, if only to sate my eastern influenced setting craving.  I was aiming for something more historical (and still am) but this may be as close as I can get for now and I already have a character I can throw into this which would be adapted from a superhero/sentai thermokinetic with a penchant for Japanese swordsmanship.
Sounds promising WardenIce.  If this gets off the interest gathering stage, I'll  be more than happy to see him/her.

Quote from: wander on February 20, 2016, 11:07:40 AM
I'll keep an eye on this.

As for Vasto Lordes, weren't a few of the upper tier Espada those? They use Ulquiorra's silhouette to represent them in the manga and Starkk had so much reiatsu he was flat out killing other Hollows just by being near them... ^_^;
I seem to recall it was numbers 4 to 0 who were Vasto Lordes before being made arrancar.  Possibly Grimjow too if he managed to evolve past the adjuchas stage, though they've never made it clear if he did other than mention he had the possibility to reach it.

Any further interest, be it even tentative ones, will gladly be noted. :-)

Idea & Request Thread

Primarch

I'd be up for a Bleach RP, would put my preference on AU.

Wicked Vixen

I would like to join too! Bleach is awesome I have a character I once used for a group rp I could fish her out for some fun!
The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

zenpai

I would to be the Lieutenant of squad 2 or the captain of the kido corp.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Primarch on February 20, 2016, 04:08:38 PM
I'd be up for a Bleach RP, would put my preference on AU.
Quote from: Wicked Vixen on February 21, 2016, 08:40:17 PM
I would like to join too! Bleach is awesome I have a character I once used for a group rp I could fish her out for some fun!
Quote from: zenpai on February 21, 2016, 08:46:48 PM
I would to be the Lieutenant of squad 2 or the captain of the kido corp.
Welcome guys and gals and thanks for your interests.  Wicked and zanpai, do you have inclinations towards canon or an AU?

Idea & Request Thread

wander

Question...

I'm guessing not, but is there any room for Quincey characters? Because the Sternritter are just awesome (and I like their uniforms too...  ::) ).

Lunar Raven

I suppose not in a canon setting, but in an AU setting, I don't see why not ;D

Idea & Request Thread

ravinwulf

I think i could get into this. Personally i would prefer AU as regular the top of the food chain was always ichigo, so pass on that universe.

wander

Well, I am liking the sound of the 1000AD era first Gotei 13... I wouldn't mind playing in a Heian era Japan, Fujiwara clan and all that. :)

Plus I just happen to like the dark ages for games anyway. :)

Primarch

ShadowOfTheDay

Oooo.. definitely interested, I'd most likely be an Arrancar or Vasto Lorde.

Jarthkebil

Awesome! I'm a pretty big Bleach fan, and I'd be happy to be a part of this! Not sure what my character's gonna be like right now, but playing as a Soul Reaper sounds pretty cool right about now. Keep me updated on where this is going!

Lunar Raven

Just for my personal notes guys, is there anyone who has an interest in adding and/or advancing storylines to the overall plot? (basically, giving me a hand if I find I have some time to run this)

Idea & Request Thread

Primarch

I'm willing to use my character(s) to advance the plot, help nudge certain things along or even NPC a villain/plot vehicle but I wouldn't be so sure about signing on as a Co-GM of sorts.

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Jarthkebil

KnightNelson20

I'm in to throw ideas around and help flesh it out if this starts going.

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND