3rd ed Exalted, provisional interest check

Started by HairyHeretic, September 09, 2015, 05:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

I don't find Scion all that bad. I've run plenty of games of it, and while it does need some rules tweaks in places, there's nothing a decent GM can't work around. I played a tabletop campaign from start up to Legend 8 demigods, and we ran into very few problems.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Scion 2.0 :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Crash

Yeah so am I but then again I am still waiting on Exalted and was not part of the Kickstarter. :(

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Winter King

I think I may also do something related to this - Ideally playing, but I am also considering running something, but need victims players, so you guys have another ST when the rules eventually come out.
Current Status: Busy-ish, but back. I'll try to check in more often nowadays.

Check out my world!

Plot Hooks

Oh man...

I've been running this with my meat-space crew for about 4 sessions between my CPA exams.    It is such a blast to run as a GM.

I'll also probably try and con Kyrsa into resuming our Exalted solo.   I've been a bad boy on that front.   >_>
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

Backer PDFs are out :)

If you'll excuse me, I haz reading to do.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Crash

Quote from: HairyHeretic on October 22, 2015, 02:06:10 PM
Backer PDFs are out :)

If you'll excuse me, I haz reading to do.

I wish I had gotten into that Kickstarter. :(

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Jefepato

RSGAlex

It's time for me to see if I still have that spreadsheet, and what I need to update. Or contact one of the ... two people I shared it with and update that.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Revelation

Should this group still be  looking for others i'd be interested in giving it a crack.

HairyHeretic

I think we'll need a little time to digest the new rules before we start working on game ideas. I'd like to try a fight or two under the new rules to see how that works first. That does seem to be one of the larger changes.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Winter King

Quote from: HairyHeretic on October 23, 2015, 07:57:03 AM
I think we'll need a little time to digest the new rules before we start working on game ideas. I'd like to try a fight or two under the new rules to see how that works first. That does seem to be one of the larger changes.

Yeah, I'd like to get maybe a week or so to really sink my mind into the content before trying to jump into things. That said, a lot of the stuff will simply be me learning to do it for the first time, since my previous experiences with Exalted were almost entirely absent combat and I am never a mechanically inclined sort of person to begin with.

Check out my world!

Thufir Hawat

The Ex3 rules are relatively straightforward, actually, except for the amazingly stupid names. Well, and the amazingly ugly art. First time I see a non-free PDF where I have to actively disregard the art, because man, is that ugly >:)!
Back to combat, if they had named "withering attacks" as "beats" or simply "preparation actions", it would have been much easier to digest, and mostly make sense.

Quote from: HairyHeretic on September 23, 2015, 03:40:13 PM
I don't find Scion all that bad. I've run plenty of games of it, and while it does need some rules tweaks in places, there's nothing a decent GM can't work around. I played a tabletop campaign from start up to Legend 8 demigods, and we ran into very few problems.
Then you're either a much better GM than me, much less mechanically inclined, had amazing luck with your players, or a combination of those.
I'm going to hope you're simply a much better GM than me, because that would be the best for any game we play :P!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Revelation

Yeah seriously, at least one artwork blatantly plagarizes other art pieces, and there is a lot of poser art that looks like they got some unpaid interns to do it. I didn't pay for an expanded art budget if it meant they just used poser.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on October 24, 2015, 03:13:41 AM
Then you're either a much better GM than me, much less mechanically inclined, had amazing luck with your players, or a combination of those.
I'm going to hope you're simply a much better GM than me, because that would be the best for any game we play :P!

*chuckles* Might be a bit of each. The group I was playing with, we'd all been playing together for years, over a dozen different games, so we're pretty used to each other's ways by then, and rotated amongst 3 GMs, so we all got to play. We ran a sort of episodic format, ranging from a couple of sessions to a couple of months per story.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Winter King

Bouncing between devising a setting in the Scavenger Lands to torment give for those who would play with me and actually reading rules. They seem so much less difficult to read through than 2e. I am happy.  :D

Check out my world!

HairyHeretic

Scavanger Lands is always a good place to start I reckon :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Winter King

Quote from: HairyHeretic on October 24, 2015, 09:54:02 AM
Scavanger Lands is always a good place to start I reckon :)

They do have a certain charm to them, though I am kind of sad that I won't get to play out the Realm's way of stomping on satrapies... at least, not initially. That said, anyone who wants to make a kingdom might be able to with much more ease than you'd expect anywhere else.

Check out my world!

HairyHeretic

I dunno, I kinda always wanted to rule Lookshy myself ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Jefepato

Is anyone else's PDF messed up?  My text is...flawed.

Revelation

There's quite a bit of typo and typography errors, plus some text outright missing or being hidden under images. We'll be getting the fully finished copy later. This is just the beta to the release, so to speak. 95% finished aside from bugs and fine tuning.

RSGAlex

It is, however, good enough to work with. I already got an idea for a sorcerer/snake stylist cheat, gambler, and general person of ill repute.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Rook Seidhr

This wasn't supposed to be "the beta to the release." This was supposed to be everything but the final cover, and if there were any errors they were supposed to be so small that they'd only be caught by having thousands of people looking.

Also, the quality of the art (plagiarism issues aside) is depressing. There's good stuff, but it's the laughably awful stuff that stands out.

How long have we been waiting? This is the best they could do? I want my money back, or at least I want to downgrade to PDF-only.

Winter King

Quote from: HairyHeretic on October 24, 2015, 01:46:13 PM
I dunno, I kinda always wanted to rule Lookshy myself ;)

That's in the Scavenger Lands, surely. :P

Check out my world!