A War for the Modern Age (Fate Stay/Night Game) (Interest Check)

Started by Tokyorose627, October 02, 2018, 11:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

Note: Having prior knowledge on the Fate series will make these details easier to understand, however if you do not understand certain elements or need help, feel free to ask a Mod or look online amongst the many sources for answers.

Unlike the stories of books and movies, the existence of magicks, of all kinds, has always existed. Unknown to those who believe not, families have been tangled within the roots of magicks since the earliest days of speaking and writing, with the likes of Kings and Monarchs holding the greatest sources, while the masses had their on ability to rely on, along with the materials they had available. Centuries over centuries, magicks have been used for every day life, but then came a time, a day in age where selfish individuals began to use their power for their own needs. By gathering items of deceased soldiers, of healers, of magic users, they could be brought back. To fuel a never-ending war, mages began to bring back the dead, of heroic warriors and malicious villains to fuel the fire of war, to help bring about a famed treasure that could be obtained.

It was then, that the first ever Holy Grail was commenced; a fight to bring forth the item of legend that was said to grant any wish the user would want. No winner was chosen in the last war, and in a bright light, the Grail disappeared, forgotten.

Now in modern day Japan, the stirrings of magicks are once again in the air, but in the distance, the stirrings of a sinister force are coming forth, to bring about the desires and wants of desperate mages.

No...it’s the war; it calls back, for a victory, for a champion.

--------------

This game would be a Freeform Modern/Fantasy type setting, with elements of magic and sorcery added into the mix.

Since I am basing this off of the Fate anime series, the RP will include elements of the show. Such as an example, each player will be allowed to call forth their own hero to partner with them to help either fight, or help instigate, the war.

NOTE: When a player joins, they must make BOTH a Master and a Servant, so that spots can be filled so that all may be able to participate. Waiting to have, like, 14 players is too much of a hassle you know?

Summoning:

How this will work is a Magic User can summon any type of hero, or villain, if they have the right incantation, and the item of said individual. If you wish to summon someone like King Arthur, then you would need to have some piece of him, or something that would mention him; anything from a piece of armor, to a book, or scroll. Vice versa with any sort of fairy-tale being, and the like. You must have some of person that you wish to summon as a partner, or your summoning would end up with someone random.

Once summoned, the Magic user, and the summoned individual, will form a contract, that no matter what, they will fight, and work together, until either of them perish from the world from any means, or their contract is severed. However, doing this means imminent death for the servant, as being bound to a Master keeps them within the physical world.

Masters:

Masters are the individuals that summon their partners to help aid in the war, yet they cannot simply be any normal person. They have to have some amount of magic potential, no matter how large or small. From experienced Wizards from generations of history, to a first time user that's trying to get their feet wet, only people with magic potential can summon, and of course, use magic to help aid in the fight.

As well, since this is in the modern age, these individuals can be anyone; a classmate, a lawyer, a wealthy individual within the corporate world; it all depends on what you come up with as a player.

Rules:

More will be added.

1. If there is any issues regarding a particular player or a scene where people cannot seem to agree, PM me and I will handle it. I want everyone to have fun, and fights and disagreements can easily be solved, to an extent.

2. You will give each and every person that same respect that you wish to be treated as. No harsh words regarding people, or making fun of others for something that they said or did in game. If you aren’t going to respect others, then you can’t be in this game.

3. Since this is an anime game, I want people to use anime pics for their character! I’m a bit of a stickler for continuity, and since we are basing this off of an anime, I would like everyone to use an anime pic. RL pics in an anime game just don’t do well for me because it takes the whole experience out when you see an RL pic mixed together with anime pics. If you need help ask others, or myself even, but this is something that I have to stress because I can never really seem to get my head wrapped around it. If you ABSOLUTELY can’t find anything, then we can come to an agreement, but for now, please use anime pics.

4. Grammar, this is a big thing for me as well! Grammar is something that is super important to me because if it’s bad, it can take RPers out of an experience by seeing grammatical errors, or run on sentences that don’t seem to have an end. Please make sure to check your grammar in posts, and if you need help, feel free to ask myself or others.

5. No god-modding. I can’t stress this enough but if you have a plan for a character or wish to do a certain scene and you control another persons character without asking, it’s gonna be bad news. You have to ask permission from th either user before you can perform any such actions that would involve two characters for a plan. As well, no automatically landing hits or attacks, simply because you need to give the other user the chance to react to your post and what has happened in said post. It wouldn’t be fair if someone were to control your character in game right when you had a reaction planned, now would it?
—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�

Class List

(Note: Only one per class is allowed.)

Saber:

Archer:

Lancer:

Caster:

Assassin:

Berserker:

Rider:

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�

Please PM all Master and Servant Applications

Master Application

[float=left][img height=300][/img][/float]

Name(s): Names, Nicknames, Titles

Nationality: Where are they from?

Personality: What are they like?

Appearance: This is what your character looks like exactly, unless stated otherwise.

Casual clothes: What do they wear when they got out normally?

Objective for the War: Do they simply want to save others, or spread chaos? Do they have their own agenda for the war?

Knowledge of the War: Are they new to the war? Have they heard of it?

Biography: Character wise, what have they done in their life leading up to this point?

Quality of Magic Circuits: These area pseudo nervous system within a magic users body; the magic circuits are what help a magic user use their magic. Depending on magic knowledge, what is your rank? Are you a Novice? Intermediate?

Tank: A-E. How much mana you can store. Rank A are the highest, E is the lowest.

Command Seals: These are seals that allow you to give a command to your partner; whatever you wish, they will follow with it. Remember, you have to give specific instruction, no vague words. What does the seal look like? Where is it located on your body?

Magecraft: What magic does your character know? Elemental magic, witchcraft, etc.

Mystic Codes: A tool that a magus uses to store their spells and magical knowledge into as a second source. Can be a weapon, or something with limited uses, like jewels or marbles.

Magic Crest: Much like a book of spells, a Magic Crest is a container that keeps all the knowledge of magic spells and other information for a Master. They can be a simple book, or they can be engrained into a Masters own body, such as along their arm or leg.

Non-Magecraft Related Skills:

Fluff: Skills that don't affect the RP. Cooking, cleaning, can do handstands.

Utility: Mechanical skills like construction, disassembling a gun, modifying a car (Limit of 3)

Combat: Fighting skills marksmanship, hand to hand, karate (Limit to three, up to three need consistent background information)

Extra: Anything you would like us to know about them?

What are you looking for in a Servant?: what kind of Servant are you hoping for? A Male Saber, or a female Caster? Someone specific for Canon or someone completely new?

Servant Application

[float=left][img height=300][/img][/float]

Name:

Title: What were they called in their past life?

Class: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Assassin, Caster, Berserker

Birth and Death Dates: Approximate if there isn't a definitive one.

Personality: Feel free to fill in as you like

Appearance: This is what your character looks like; describe armor if they wear any. Unless stated, pictures will be what your character looks like, exactly.

Casual clothes: What do they wear in plain sight, when not in battle?

Weapon: What do they use to fight?

Class Skills: What skills does your character have? Can they sword fight? Can they use high ranking magical abilities?

Bio: Heroic Spirit's biography. If you're too lazy to write one use Wikipedia or another website for this, but this is your Servant's legend.

Personal Skills: Certain abilities a Heroic Spirit may have, such as Charisma, Artistic
Talent, etc. Keep close to the legend. Three maximum.

Miracle Title: (This ability is used when a Servant and their Master are fully linked, connected to one another by mana at full power. With a burst of mana from the Master, the servant has a ultimate ability that they can use only once. Depending on the Masters Prana Tank, the Miracle can be weak or strong, no matter its effects. After however, the Master will have minimal amounts of mana, and will be in a weakened state.)

Type of Miracle: Healing? Attacking? Defensive?

Description: What does it do?

Extra: Anything you would like us to know about them?

—�—�—�—�—�—�—�—�

Other Links

stormwyrm

I'm interested. Will you be wanting seven Masters and Servants all run by players? That's kinda a lot though...
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Tokyorose627

Quote from: stormwyrm on October 03, 2018, 12:15:23 AM
I'm interested. Will you be wanting seven Masters and Servants all run by players? That's kinda a lot though...

It’s simply an Interest Check so if it doesn’t work out then it doesn’t. I’ve seen games that have had bigger casts of characters before all run by players, it’s simlpy to test the waters and see who’s interested or not. I may shorten the roster to 5 players if need be, but hen everyone would need to have two characters, one Master and one Servant, and I’m not sure players would want that responsibility either.

All in good time, we’ll see how it goes.

Solaire

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Solaire on October 03, 2018, 06:54:10 PM
Yeah, I'd be interested. A +1 from me.

Awesome! Thank you! Feel free to let any friends or other people that you know about it if they would be interested! :D

akirakaneda

Tokyorose627

Quote from: akirakaneda on October 03, 2018, 09:50:39 PM
Expressing my interest to rp as a master

Thank you for the interest! Feel free to let any of your friends know about the game! :D

Ieatcookies

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Ieatcookies on October 07, 2018, 03:07:29 PM
Interested!

Awesome, thanks! :D

So far so good with interest; depending on the amount we get, I may make some tweaks to how many people we’d need if people would want that more then the original seven slots.

MelisaArtemis

* MelisaArtemis throws in interest

call dibs on "Caster" :3

PS: I might gonna ask someone I know to play as my character's Master if he's interested... ;) otherwise, I'm afraid my master gonna have to be Female XD
PSS: Speaking of the premise, does the game timeline would have connection with the canon? Like... 40 years after the canon? or is it a unique, alternate timeline with no connection to the canon whatsoever?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on October 08, 2018, 10:12:40 PM
* MelisaArtemis throws in interest

call dibs on "Caster" :3

PS: I might gonna ask someone I know to play as my character's Master if he's interested... ;) otherwise, I'm afraid my master gonna have to be Female XD
PSS: Speaking of the premise, does the game timeline would have connection with the canon? Like... 40 years after the canon? or is it a unique, alternate timeline with no connection to the canon whatsoever?

I’m not quite sure yet regarding canon just yet. I’m either leaning towards it being a separate Grail War but connections and mentions could be made to canons, or maybe our characters and what not would be the replacements for the fourth Holy Grail War in Fuyuki. It really all depends in interest and what not. :)

Awesome! Feel free to let them know to come on down if they want! I’m  planning towards one Servant per class, so depends on how much interest we have and how many characters people are willing to play. :)

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on October 08, 2018, 10:38:55 PM
I’m not quite sure yet regarding canon just yet. I’m either leaning towards it being a separate Grail War but connections and mentions could be made to canons, or maybe our characters and what not would be the replacements for the fourth Holy Grail War in Fuyuki. It really all depends in interest and what not. :)

Awesome! Feel free to let them know to come on down if they want! I’m  planning towards one Servant per class, so depends on how much interest we have and how many characters people are willing to play. :)

I think 8 - 14 characters as masters and servants are already plenty enough... too many players tend to cause the game to stall easily....

Ieatcookies

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Ieatcookies on October 09, 2018, 04:10:17 AM
Will there be canon characters as well or only OC?

I have no problems with the idea of canon servants. If people wish to have the character of Arturia Saber or Cu Lancer for example, I’m all for it! In the case of Canon Masters however, that’s a bit more tricky. Depending on the timeline, which I’m thinking would be modern like Fuyuki and the fourth Grail War, we could do that, yeah. It just all depends if people want to play those characters or not. As well, just because you play a canon Master from Unlimited Blade Works does not mean that you would get their servant, for example. Other people would be making servants, so once we’d figure up the Masters portion, Servant creation would be next, and we can see from there what ideas people would want.

So, no I don’t have any problem with it, just feel free to let me know first before anyone does so I can make sure it’s ok! :D

Ieatcookies

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Ieatcookies on October 09, 2018, 10:46:28 AM
I call dibs on Assassin (Semiramis) in that case!

Ooh Semiramis, nice choice!

I would like to make a point regarding characters for everyone; nothing major, just that I would like to keep a ratio of genders so it’s nit all flooded with one and we get some variety you know? :)

So I’d say a good amount would be, for every 3 Females, 2 Males would be good!

And also, others feel free that have showed interest to begin making their Masters for me to look at! When you are finished, please PM them to me so I can take a look at them! At the end of your character sheets for Masters, please write down if you are looking for anything in particular in a Servant; for example, “I would like a Female Caster!”, or “I’d like if someone could play Cu Chuulain Lancer!”

That’s how we all get an idea of what people would like, when we get started with Servants. :D

VonDoom

I'm interested and hoping to revive some very old character concepts here. If attached to a Fate-based setting, I'd be interested in playing a traditional yet strange Master/Servant pair, or just the Master if we're trying to get either all roles filled or to match the pairs between players -- a Saber servant and an Einzbern clone coined from another source than the usual fare, specifically Jubstacheit, with the mission to secure real immortality for his wizened human base, with some built-in conflict between hiding the fact that he's aware that he was built with a very limited lifespan and is possessed with the same attachment to continued existence as his base, a loyalty to his clan and a desire to distinguish himself as an individual of his own. I'd be happy to make nerfs as necessary to the mix of homunculus-body specs and ancient master knowledge to make it playable if we're shooting for lower end masters. Not sure if I should mention who his Saber servant was/is here.  ;D

If there's no connection, I have another pair concept for a female Master who uses Thelema and was a peer of Aleister Crowley floating around who used to be a brothel madame and grotesquerie-running entertainer back in the days, and an Archer (or possibly Caster) servant based primarily on Native American lore to go with her.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Tokyorose627

Quote from: VonDoom on October 09, 2018, 11:00:21 AM
I'm interested and hoping to revive some very old character concepts here. If attached to a Fate-based setting, I'd be interested in playing a traditional yet strange Master/Servant pair, or just the Master if we're trying to get either all roles filled or to match the pairs between players -- a Saber servant and an Einzbern clone coined from another source than the usual fare, specifically Jubstacheit, with the mission to secure real immortality for his wizened human base, with some built-in conflict between hiding the fact that he's aware that he was built with a very limited lifespan and is possessed with the same attachment to continued existence as his base, a loyalty to his clan and a desire to distinguish himself as an individual of his own. I'd be happy to make nerfs as necessary to the mix of homunculus-body specs and ancient master knowledge to make it playable if we're shooting for lower end masters. Not sure if I should mention who his Saber servant was/is here.  ;D

If there's no connection, I have another pair concept for a female Master who uses Thelema and was a peer of Aleister Crowley floating around who used to be a brothel madame and grotesquerie-running entertainer back in the days, and an Archer (or possibly Caster) servant based primarily on Native American lore to go with her.

I like you enthusiasm VonDoom! However, your ideas a very specific for the game, and as we are getting into the stages of making Masters first, I don’t know how using your ideas could help you. You seem to have a very specific idea of what you want or wish Tom use for, an old idea you’ve had in the works, and that’s cool with me, however I would like to point out that you can’t get your hopes up in response to finding the Servant that you want. When everyone’s Master sheets are in place, they’ll have a blurb at the bottom of what they would be looking for in a Servant

I.e.: “I’d like a Male Assassin is possible!” Or something like that, so everyone knows what the other player is looking for, and can make Servants depending on if someone has an idea they like, or by simply making their own Servant and partnering up with someone that could potentially want those characters. I’m cool with the Homonculus idea, however regarding a pairing with a Saber is all up to how players work and make their own Masters and Servants, just warning you. :)

As for your other idea regarding the connection with Crowley, I’m ok with that too, but once again, your super specific with what Servant you want, even in regards to their lore, so it will depend on what other players want to make.

Also, I must make sure that everyone understands for the game; You will be making both a Master and a Servant. Your characters will not be paired with each other, but will be partnered with other players’ Master and Servants that seem like good pairs for your characters! Waiting for 7 other people to be servants would take too long anyways. :p

VonDoom

Oh, no, sorry if that seemed very specific -- I'm happy to deviate. I just wasn't sure if you had settled on how to approach things yet, since getting full sets of Masters and Servants all with different players requires numbers that most games ... well, don't usually reach. So I figured I might as well mention it in case each player ends up portraying their own pair. I'll admit, it's been awhile since I read the opening, just hadn't gotten to posting before, so I might have misremembered. If there was a definite statement on what the setup will be, sorry about the confusion!
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Tokyorose627

Quote from: VonDoom on October 09, 2018, 11:25:00 AM
Oh, no, sorry if that seemed very specific -- I'm happy to deviate. I just wasn't sure if you had settled on how to approach things yet, since getting full sets of Masters and Servants all with different players requires numbers that most games ... well, don't usually reach. So I figured I might as well mention it in case each player ends up portraying their own pair. I'll admit, it's been awhile since I read the opening, just hadn't gotten to posting before, so I might have misremembered. If there was a definite statement on what the setup will be, sorry about the confusion!

Well, I had put in the rules of this game that how I intended it to go would be that each player would make a Master and a Servant. From there, players would choose from the pool of characters to match their Masters and Servants with! That’s why I’m having others make Masters first with a blurb at the end of what they would be looking for hopefully for a Servant, so that others can either simply create what they want, p talk and partner with others to create a Servant that they would enjoy being paired up with! :D

MelisaArtemis

Sent my character to your PM. I assume we're sending the sheets to your PM? Don't want the others to know their identities afterall, especially the servants

Tokyorose627

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on October 09, 2018, 11:53:29 AM
Sent my character to your PM. I assume we're sending the sheets to your PM? Don't want the others to know their identities afterall, especially the servants

Yes PM them to me. I put that down in a reply earlier on here, but no worries. :)

Tokyorose627

Here’s my Master for anyone who wants an example of what it should look like. Feel free to ask any questions if anyone gets stumped with making their characters. :)

Name(s): Hana Saijyou

Height: 163cm

Weight: 53kg

Nationality: Japanese

Personality: Hana is a girl that may look frail and soft, but is a force to be reconvened with within the Mage community. Having been shunned by her father from participating in the Holy Grail War, she has learned that in order to get what you want in life, you had to show your worth, and earn it outright. She’s determined, a woman without conviction that her skills are subpar. She knows who she is, and anyone that tells her others wise is someone she would easily argue with. Despite her strong willed personality, she can be soft towards others, more noticeably towards people that are close to her. Friendliness is something that she’s known by behind closed doors, and has been known by others to be a tough individual on the outside, but secretly a kind and gentle person when not under scrutinizing eyes. She’s been wary of people her age becoming to chummy with her so easily, rumors spreading of her strange and ‘unnatural’ affinity to disastrous events, leaving her family Temple with barely a handful of dedicated visitors.

Appearance: With short cherry blossom colored hair, and emerald colored eyes, Hana Saijyou has been known to be called the “mysterious beauty” by some of her classmates at University. With porcelain white skin, and no blemishes across her skin or face, she stands at around 5’4, with a mature aura that surrounds her. One thing that distinguishes her appearance to others would be the small diamond shaped jewel that she wears along her forehead; studying chakras and the connection they could have to magic circuits, it symbolizes the point of wisdom.

Casual clothes: Hana usually wears simple clothes like shirts and jeans, but can be seen sporting a red coat in especially cold nights.

Red Coat

Objective for the War: Wants to win the Holy Grail for her Family Name

Knowledge of the War: Knowledge of the War has been ingrained in her since she was a child.

Biography: The Saijyou Mage Family have been around for countless generations, becoming a staple name in the workings of Magecraft, and in the dedication to winning and achieving the Holy Grail. All in the name of honor and glory, the family had tried for countless generations to participate, however with not enough Masters, the Grail Wars had been rejected, and none could come to fruition as a whole. Growing up, Hana knew this mindset from birth, however she wondered why the Grail had always been such an important object to her family. Being known as something that could grant wishes, she wasn’t one to ever wish for anything. Learning Magecraft as a young girl, she could have nothing more then the skills she had and was learning, she was content with what her family taught, despite their beliefs in the Grail War returning, year after year.

It wasn’t until she was much older, around the age of 9, that she spoke to her father about participating, honing her skills to be their participant for the next war. Despite her eagerness and skills that she had possessed at an early age, her father rejected her placement, and instead gave it to her older brother Sakuya; being a tradition since their family roots, the eldest male Mage had always been the one to learn the more advanced Magecraft, and be the participant in the Holy Grail War. Hana didn’t lose hope however, despite this setback by her father, she continued to learn Magecraft in her own time, honing her mana control and skills to create jewel craft to be used as one time use mystic codes. She was determined to show her father the worth she held as a Mage, and no matter the cost, she would show her entire family that she was capable enough to win the war.

It was two years later, however, that tragedy struck.

Her brother and father had left for a trip to meet with other Mage’s regarding the next Grail War, leaving Hana to look after the Family Shrine and home while they were away. News spread however of a disaster at the meet up, with fights breaking out over who would have which Servant, a truce having been made long ago now broken by greed. Her father and brother had fought valiantly, but to no avail despite their efforts, and they succumbed to their wounds.

Left with the devastation of her father and brothers demise, Hana knew that the Grail War was something much more serious then could ever be imagined. Taking shelter within the family shrine and home, Hana practiced Mage craft on her own, now with no teacher left, and no family to look after her. Years passed and she became more independent over her life, getting an education while attending University, all while she listens for news from the Mage’s Association regarding the next War.

Quality of Magic Circuits: B

Prana Tank: B

Command Seals: Located along the front of her right hand.

Magecraft: Jewel Magecraft, the use of filling smaller jewels with mana in order to use them for attacking, or defensive spells. Offensive magic can also be stored within them.

Mystic Codes: Jewels kept over the generation of the Saijyou Family.

Magic Crest: Along her back.

Non-Magecraft Related Skills: Agility from track and field has kept her in peak condition in regards to amounts of stamina used.

Fluff: Cooking and Gardening have become a task that she’s all too familiar with due to keeping the grounds of her homes Temple clean.

Utility: N/A

Combat: Hand to hand combat is something that Hana knows, but more in line towards self defense. Her stamina helps keep her agile when it comes to being attacked or chased, but she can only run as fast and as fast as any normal human can, at least without the help of her Magic Crest.

Extra: Hana loves the smell of fresh flowers, usually picking a small group to hold in a vase inside her home each day.

What are you looking for in a Servant?: I’m hoping someone could play either Cu Lancer, or for the fun of it, Male Arthur Pendragon, cause he doesn’t get enough love. lol