The Magic Books recruit thread (CLOSED/DEAD/UP FOR ADOPTION)

Started by Vergil1989, August 12, 2018, 05:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Vergil1989 on August 13, 2018, 02:12:39 PM
And Hanged, you have this funny habit of saying a lot of nothing.  :P  You have interesting information that could probably be added to his personality, but there's nothing in those new paragraphs that say where he calls home, what his family's like, or anything of that nature.  Does he have any siblings, relatives he's close to, does he have family in the military or church or what?  THAT kind of stuff needs to be included in your bio dude.  :D

I'm a rambler, and I can not lie.  ;D But, there is some family stuff now.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

MUCH better.  ;D  And there's nothing wrong with rambling, just be sure that it's relevant.  :P

Also to everyone else, I HAVE added some basic ideas for the Order of the Silver Rose if anyone wants to consider making a demon hunting badass.  I imagine they're somewhere between RWBY's Hunters and Huntresses in terms of combat ability, (Qrow during his fight with Tyrian levels of badass), the Winchester brothers from Supernatural, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer in terms of general power, ability, and resourcefulness.  NO there won't be full out Slayers or anything, but the general idea is that they're very, VERY magically inclined due to the nature of their enemies, so enhancing one's physical prowess, making entire city blocks kinda 'fade' out of existence without anyone being the wiser, things like that are perfectly acceptable.  You're more than able to expand on the myth of the Order if you guys wish to do so, just use what I've put up as a base to build upon.  :D

Cultists are just people who have decided to follow one of the book holders, and they can have a touch of magic as well, but since they're just humans with some power, they're not going to get their own section for notes or anything.

I've added a bit more information as to what's gonna be the general idea for story plot and the like into a basic premise section in the first post.  Hopefully that helps draw a little more attention our way, but I'm happy with the few people I've gotten already.  You guys are awesome, just so you know.  ;D

EDIT:  On a VERY important side note, the stuff added to the Basic Premise in regards to going out and hunting demons and stuff, is completely optional.  You need not make a character that's geared towards fighting since the 'Dark Plot' won't be forced on anyone that'd rather sit out on those particular aspects.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

legomaster00156

Huh, this is interesting, and I wouldn't mind playing a hunter in the Order of the Silver Rose.

Vergil1989

Cool beans Lego.  ;D  Just keep in mind even as a potential Hunter, you won't be killing off main characters without their expressed permission.  Inconveniencing people is another thing entirely though.  :P  Having said that, Sath'tan and her allies, the books included, might be trying to end the world, but they're pragmatic in the sense that if something else comes along before they're ready, they'll put aside their differences to face down the 'greater threat' in an enemy of my enemy is my friend kinda deal, if that makes sense.  :D  But yeah, go ahead and get a Silver Rose person put together and we'll see where to go from there!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

legomaster00156

Well, I can give this a shot. Let me know if I need to change anything.

Name: Violet Jones-Raine
Book Holder: No
Demon companion: N/A
Hunter: Yes, she is with the Order of the Silver Rose. She specializes in magic, particularly the somewhat obscure art of alchemy. She cooks up magically infused liquids in her laboratory, ranging from potions to poisons to liquid weaponry. Her magic talent outside of this art is considerable, but undertrained. When it comes to combating the forces of evil, she prefers to use caution and a magically enhanced firearm.
Appearance: She was actually born with quite a different body than she has now, but a lot of taste-testing her own alchemical concoctions has earned Violet a stunning adult body. A Causacian woman, she looks a bit older than she actually is, and sports stunning blonde hair that never seems to grow past her shoulders (it actually can't, thanks to an unanticipated side effect of one of her recipes). She takes pride in her body, despite the fact that much of it came about by accident. [Corresponding picture below.]
On the sexual side of things, she doesn't exactly have a stripper's form. She keeps on well-covering clothes, which hide her smaller breasts easily. Her other curves are equally well-hidden; she isn't often the object of lust in a given room, which suits her just fine.
Personality: Violet is not the first Order hunter in her family, and a harsh, strict upbringing has left her a bit detached. She can put on airs easily, sure. She can laugh, flirt, blend in. This hides a deeply serious woman beneath, one whose entire life was molded around the sole purpose of keeping a world safe from a danger it doesn't know exists.
In her daylight persona, Violet is a face among millions of faces. She is intentionally mundane. She makes no mention of her family history, except to say that her parents are kind but pushy. She rarely makes close friends, mostly for the fact that the secret of a double life burns within her, urging her to share the secret with someone, anyone outside of the Order.
Among the Order, she is, in fact, more at ease, even though her business-before-pleasure attitude keeps her from showing it. If the Order isn't at work training, studying, or hunting (one or more of which is usually the case), she lets her guard down and talks about recent advancements in her life and work.
Sexual Orientation: Violet is asexual, but not opposed to sex. She has no attraction whatsoever to fellow women, though, and would prefer to sate her human urges with men.
Bio:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Born in the South to a pair of hunters in the Order of the Silver Rose, Violet knew her entire life of a secret world lurking just beyond the veil of mundanity. By day, she was like any other girl: a cute little brunette, going to school and making friends. In the privacy of the home, though, she was the future of the Silver Rose, and her parents made sure she knew it.
Growing up as a scion of the Order of the Silver Rose meant being privy to secrets none of her friends knew. She had the innocence of youth to shield her and the Order whenever she talked with friends about how her parents were secret agents, monster hunters, or whatever else. Nobody believed her, after all. Many teachers were concerned about her fascination with demons, but shrugged it off whenever her parents promised to "have a talk with her". Most of the time, these talks were just spankings, which eventually clued the child in to stop talking about her double life.
She started learning the basics of the world of magic and evil when she was eight years old, being taught to read myths from every religion, and to find the truth hidden between the lines. As her parents told her, no one religion ever got all of the details right, but many got some parts of it. By age 11, she was learning basic spells from the Order's tomes, learning how to exorcise minor demons and kill them.
Her magical talent became clear early on, and her love for chemistry became a love for the exotic art of alchemy. Nobody in her own cell was familiar enough with alchemy to teach her, and so they changed, moving up to New York and finding a cell with a proper mentor for her.
The move from rural countryside to big city was a culture shock for the young girl. The new cell welcomed her family with open arms, helping to connect them with local resources and a new home. Violet became withdrawn from her new school, deciding to double down on her magical studies instead. She coasted through her mundane classes on intellect alone, scoring barely passing grades, while her alchemical talent grew in strides.
Over the years, Violet's own prowess with potions surpassed her own mentor. She learned to create her own recipes, with more than a couple accidents along the way. She created a personal laboratory in her apartment when she moved out of the house in which to experiment. Mundane ingredients like garlic can be found on the same shelf as feathers of extinct birds and teeth from beasts of all shapes and sizes.
Of course, she still has her double life. Keeping up appearances, she attends her college classes and works as a waitress at an upper-end restaurant (owned by another member of her Order cell). She is dedicated entirely to her true cause, though: the protection of humanity.

Casual ons: The best way to Violet's heart is through the mind. She has an above-average (some may argue genius-level) intellect, and showing an interest in science or magic (or the combination of these) warms her up to someone. She enjoys board games as a hobby. Her phone is filled with various gaming apps, including staples like chess and more childish games like Trouble or Sorry.
Casual offs: Violet gets bored easily with trite conversations, but is loathe to end them out of politeness. She also dislikes nicknames, especially the overly common “Blondie”.
Sexual ons: As mentioned, Violet is asexual, and little turns her on. Body modification is likely to appeal to what sexual desire Violet has. Those brave enough to try some of her more “exotic” alchemical concoctions may wind up with anything from new hair to an entirely new sex, but whatever they wind up with, she'll be turned on just by the fact that they tried (and, usually, she can manage to cook up an antidote). The idea of public sex is vaguely appealing to her, but she'd be unlikely to attempt it without the right partner and the perfect mood.
Sexual offs: She has no sexual interest in women, and overly pushy women are more likely to anger her than seduce her. She also dislikes the concept of bathroom play – she's not exactly sex-negative, but it disgusts her. She has too little experience with other fetishes to have developed any kind of opinion.

Face Claims:
Additional Notes/Photos/Music/etc

Recipe Book: Violet has a personal "cookbook" full of tried-and-true recipes that she can remake without too much fuss. Some recipes are drawn from other books, but some are of her own creation. This is not an extensive list of her recipes, merely a sample of what she's got up her sleeve.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Dye: A simple and versatile recipe of Violet's creation. When she first imbibed this potion, she got horribly sick. When she got better, she found that her hair had changed to a dark purple right at the roots - the same color as the potion had been. Many trials, errors, and hair colors later, she found a recipe that did not induce illness, and could flexibly change one's natural hair color to whatever they desired - only requiring flower petals the same hue as the desired shade.
Holy Water: Technically neither water nor holy, this is a recipe of Violet's creation. The sludgy green liquid is usually stored in a fragile tube or vial. Entirely harmless to most creatures, it acts like a powerful acid upon contact with a demon's flesh or organs. It probably won't kill a demon unless it's especially weak, or submerged entirely in the stuff, but it still serves as a wonderful weapon and deterrent.
Mend: A healing potion from one of the Order's books. This potion accelerates the natural healing ability of the human body, mending bones and cartilage, stitching together skin, and even accelerating the body's disease-fighting and toxin-fighting capabilities. These miraculous powers are not free: the potion is difficult and expensive to create, and the rapid healing of the body requires plenty of food and water to keep up. It has no effect on illnesses the body cannot naturally fight, such as mental illnesses or cancer.
Short Fuse: A recipe made by Violet, but created as a derivative from a recipe in a previous book. This is a potion that, when imbibed, causes one to break out into a rage (with the results of that rage depending on how an individual typically handles anger). Its effects typically last anywhere from half an hour to an hour. If imbibed by a male, it tends to also have minor aphrodisiac qualities - a side effect Violet is unaware of, having never tested it on a male before.
Tit Tea: A name made as a joke by one of her fellow Order members, Violet ran with it when she inscribed this recipe into her book. It is made with tea leaves, but the resulting potion is nothing like what a cafe would serve. It can enlarge or shrink the breasts of the imbiber, male or female, depending on the variant of the recipe used. The effects usually last only a few hours, but repeated imbibing and/or overdosing can have unintended side effects, including more sensitive breasts, longer periods of the effects, or hallucinogenic hazes.

Vergil1989

You DO need to bulk up your history and your personality a bit, but other than that I think she's good to go overall.  Her alchemy stuff COULD also be bulked up somewhat, detailing some of her more exotic modifications or what have you if you like, putting together a list of a few potions that she's created, whatever you wish to reveal now.  It just looks a bit bare bones is all, but again she's looking good overall.  I AM curious what life in her previous cell as well as her New York one was like, what her average day was, etc, but other than just adding more to her, I think she'd be fine.  :D

If I can get one more person or so, I might get to work getting some of our OOC and IC threads going, along with a character roster of course, but for now the few people we have are looking quite promising.  ;D

TheHangedOne

Huh, that's actually pretty interesting. Ironically, I feel like my Book-holder could actually get along quite well with the Hunter (potential plot for betrayal, but who betrays who?), as they both have powers centralized around the art of alchemy, and at a glance, it seems like they have a very similar personality type (which can be both good and bad).
Check out my poet tree!

legomaster00156

Oh, yeah, if they find out about each others' passion for alchemy, they could probably get along well. Her alchemy is probably better trained but with less potential than his, due to the fact that she learns from whatever books the Order of the Silver Rose would approve of her using, and he has no such restrictions. On the other hand, she's creative, and eager to experiment with her recipes for good or ill.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: legomaster00156 on August 13, 2018, 08:21:52 PM
Oh, yeah, if they find out about each others' passion for alchemy, they could probably get along well. Her alchemy is probably better trained but with less potential than his, due to the fact that she learns from whatever books the Order of the Silver Rose would approve of her using, and he has no such restrictions. On the other hand, she's creative, and eager to experiment with her recipes for good or ill.
Well, here's a thought idea to chew on, if you'd like: I did establish in my character's history that he does have a few regulars at his bar, and that he is very good with mixing drinks (and has probably created a few of his own specialty cocktails); if your character likes to have a drink every now and again, she could be one of the regulars? They could have a purely casual, friendly relationship; chatting about the fine art of mixing things. Of course, at the game's beginning, I imagine my character has yet to acquire his Book... so they're probably talking about mixing different things, but it might be close enough to spark her interest? Maybe provide an occasional bit of inspiration, since he could also geek out about herbs and the like (herbal liquors being used historically as health tonics might have something in common with her type of alchemy?).

Like I said, something to chew on; more than open to any suggestions you'd have for the idea. And of course, I don't mind it if you'd rather they not have any sort of prior friendship.
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

Funnily enough, I'd be real interested to see if a betrayal story unfolded between you and Hanged.  ;D  I'd be more interested in seeing Miss Silver Rose betraying the Order and joining the side with rockin' demons and their magic drugs.  :P  Joking aside, you're not wrong, the Order DOES no doubt tries to restrict the more 'evil' stuff they come across so no one gets any bright ideas, but they don't know about much at all about the books other than they exist and they were supposed to be blank for some reason.  It won't take them long to realize how wrong they were once things start to happen that draws their attention though.   >:)

That aside, Hanged?  Your guy could always ask his Book, whenever he gets his hands on one if he doesn't already have one, to be more straightforward.  Just a funny thought to consider when he gets particularly frustrated with the thing lol.

Speaking of relationships though, some RPs do the whole Connections thing.  If you guys want to establish such things now, feel free.

legomaster00156

Well, the odds of her winding up in a bar are pretty low. She's 19 - below the legal age limit for alcohol.  :P (Sure, with her physique, she could easily pass for older, and her connections could probably get her a fake ID, but she doesn't see the point.)
That said, we could easily take a similar track, because while she has no reason to visit a bar, she works at a restaurant herself, serving as a waitress. That could be the place where they wound up meeting and chatting, learning about each others' similar interests. She'd probably be legitimately interested in his profession, since it does have many similarities to alchemy.  ;D

Edit: Added a "recipe book" of some of Violet's concoctions. Will work on fleshing out the rest in a bit.

Vergil1989

Most of those were pretty interesting, especially that dye one, but that Tit Tea got a laugh outta me.  Well done so far though and thanks for doing so Lego.  I'll try to better explain what Sath'tan is capable of either tonight or tomorrow, but for the time being thank you guys for your interest and your feedback thus far.  :D

ZincStandard

So, if Violet goes to the college (does it have a name yet?), she and Anais are obviously classmates and see each other all the time, totally ignorant of each other's secret lives ;)  Perhaps Anais thinks of Violet as the first friend she's made among the "cool kids"?

Vergil1989

I like it overall.  Not bad Lego, thanks.  ;D

If anyone wants to spread this around and see if anyone would like to join, feel free to do so.  Most of the invites I sent I haven't gotten any responses back yet, most likely because everyone else is too busy, but meh, oh well.  :D

Almost done with my own spell list, but most of her stuff can be summarized just by looking at Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, under the header of Bloodbending.  It's some pretty scary stuff all told, but it COULD potentially be used to help people since you essentially seize control of someone's very blood to move them around by force, but while it's never done, it could, theoretically, be used to clear out blood clots and tumors and stuff.  Sath'tan COULD probably do it with one pinky, but she has no reason to nor love for humans anyway.  Blood Magic from the Dragon Age series is also where I'm taking some inspiration as well, which is much more grand scale type of stuff.  Pulling blood right out of someone's body, manipulating their minds or outright mental rape/telepathy, etc, as well as summoning powerful demons, all this and more can be achieved with blood magic.

If someone else wanted to be a healer or something along those lines though, while keeping it open as a possibility to hurt at the same time, feel free to do so.  ;D

And to answer your question Zinc, it doesn't.  I hate coming up with names, so feel free to offer suggestions if we don't just use a real place or something.  ;D

Deathnote

Hmm... would it be possible to end up with a book that showed comic book panels?

I'm already imagining the following situation:

My Character:  Let's see here... wow... kinda advanced stuff in here... what's this word mean...?

Book: (Changes pages to use simpler words)

MC: Ah, I see... I think I understand it a bit better now... I think...

Book: (Changes to include easy to understand images and diagrams)

MC: Hmm... Content's a bit boring, though... Not sure I wanna read through all this...

Book: (Changes into a comic book)

MC: Whoa!  Cool!  It's a comic book now!  A bit too wordy for my taste, but whatever.

Book: (Changes into a children's pop-up book)

MC: Okay, now you're just mocking me!

Vergil1989

Lol whatever works I suppose, but that's equally hilarious and clever, so feel free to run with it Deathnote.  ;D

And Sath'tan's spells are listed in her profile now.  Blood magic could still be used by someone else, or in one of the books still if you want to go a different route with it, but again, variety and all that is preferred.

Sketch

Name: Gabriel Black
Book Holder:  Yes - Enchanter | The Artificers Codex of Construction and Runic Enchantment | Contained within the books pages explain how to forge, craft, enhance or enchant a variety of items, tools or even how to design ones own. In the hands of a skilled craftsman this book can be taken to even greater heights. From X-Ray Glasses, to psychic paper (fake magical ID's think Doctor Who) to Invisibility Cloaks or even more terrible constructs or automatons. This book is the chief resource for crafting or enchanting magical items. Obviously, the work requires precision, time, materials and space. On the upside, no special materials are truly needed but the level of craftsmanship IS important.
Demon companion:  Yes - Upon opening the book and reading those words he believes that the demon then became part of him, like a twisted version of himself he sees him whenever he looks into the mirror. Always immaculately dressed, the demon itself is a corrupting force of will with no real name of its own. Instead it seeks to infuse its malicious will upon the books owner, slowly turning them into a demonic entity themselves. Being part of the price and curse of using the book, it teases at that deeper knowledge contained in the book whispering promises of how it can be used to fulfill all ones most darkest and deepest desires and even seeming at times to impart an intrinsic knowledge as if to lure him deeper. Beyond tempting him, at the moment it has no real power unless he gives in. A slippery slope to be sure as that power gained from letting go comes at the most terrible of prices and if he falls completely will it even be himself anymore?

Hunter:  No
Appearance:  Dark black hair, lean muscular build with piercing dark brown eyes, they turn almost black  since the parasitic demon embedded itself into his soul in times of high emotional stress or pressure. Fairly stoic and reserved in most settings, only when he is working in his shop or on his extra curricular actives does his expression open up revealing that deep seated passion. Due to the nature of his hobby he tends to be most times in a disheveled sort of state; dirt, grease or other such marks variously on his skin or singed into his clothes.
Personality: There is a bit of a duality raging inside of the man as he comes to grips with the skills he is learning from the book while also dealing with this hungry force lurking inside of him. He is a passionate yet serious man though at times when not at work can have a bit of an odd sense of humor and even be playful with those who are his friends or he feels comfortable with. Even to those same friends though he tends to be a bit closed off, not sharing great details of his personal life or feelings beyond what they might already know and even LESS sharing now since acquiring this book. There is a dark side to him now as well, a hunger itching beneath his skin and just begs him to let go of those preconceived notions of morality.

Sexual Orientation: Hetero

Bio:  Where does one begin with the tale of their life? Some might start at the beginning but up until the last year of Gabriel's life he wasn't anyone overly special. Gabriel was the only child and in that his parents and he haven't spoken in the last number of years, nor is he close with any of the other members of the family. He worked at the motor pool on Campus, servicing Faculty Vehicles or on the Campus Police. Though given his degree and natural talent, he probably could have sought out different work, he didn't have any desire to work for some large corporation or be beholden to any sort of quota or higher expectations. This job paid well enough, was fairly easy and as the Campus didn't want to spend a great deal of their resources employing a large pool of employees, it was just him and the head mechanic.  That was the part that had mattered most to him as given his skills, his boss usually just left all the work to him and so long as it got done left him alone. In his off time, he does attend some classes or even the off hand trade skill. Living day to day and just enjoying the free use had of the shop, working on his own personal projects in peace which prior to finding the book was his beater, a 71' Plymouth Hemi Cuda. How he found the book was something that he still didn't truly understand. Quite often he ordered personal parts and equipment to the College Motor Pool and inside one of those shipments it had been included. At first he thought it was just an old, extremely thick tech manual, rough around the edges and so faded from age that he couldn't read to what it was for. Opening the book however, that was perhaps his real beginning and when everything changed. The first page laid out the various chapters, some of which it described he just couldn't believe and thought at first was a joke. It was weeks before he actually tried anything inside of the book, and it was mostly out of boredom and frustration as he sat drinking in the garage after hours. The parts he had ordered second hand turned out to be a bust and he just didn't have it in him at that moment to bother with contacting the seller to get it corrected. Flipping through the book, he found instructions on how to draw a runic marker for "repair." A slightly drunk Gabriel laughed at the notion, the premise and even the entire concept. It was beyond ridiculous and yet in that frustrated drunken state something compelled him. Performing the steps, he ingrained that marking into his car. Each step seemed to awaken something inside of him, an energy that he couldn't explain. Halfway through he felt sober and clearheaded and then at the end as he poured his own blood over that runic brand on his engine block he could almost feel that energy transferring from him into it.

Then nothing happened. He laughed at it, laughed at himself for being drawn into it as he sat down rubbing his bandaged hand through his hair. Covering the car, he left for the night. Taking an Uber back to his apartment and crashed out, he had thought it was the booze that had made him so very tired.

The following morning, he didn't think to check on his car as he didn't have the parts it needed anyway and he was busy getting one of the cruisers that had been brought in turned up. That night though, his boss was there chatting with him and had asked him how his project was coming along. With a bit of a self effacing laugh, he told him to take a look for himself. When that tarp was pulled off, there sat what he thought was a totally different car. A pristine condition 71' Hemi Cuda, no rust, no sign of wear or age. His boss laughed, "You do quick work, you should have your own shop." and left it at that. From that moment, he knew what he read, what he did was real. That moment, having performed that first art from the book he had also awakened the demon. Now he spent his time learning, reading, training with a renewed fervor. He also knew he would need a secure work space and in that the book also held that answer...it would take time, money and effort to get that going. That passion he felt had been rekindled, driving him to learn all that he could about this book but he knew he had to be careful...if others learned of it they would seek to steal it or perhaps even worse. In those moments of contemplation, he does wonder what else is out there, who else might have abilities like that this book has shown him.

A practical man, he knows with this book he has the means to protect himself and this knowledge. Though he also knows, someone had sent him this book and they had a reason for doing so even if they hadn't come forward yet.  That worried him.

Casual ons: Working on his craft / reading tech manuals while enjoying a quiet drink and music or driving his car or motorcycle aimlessly, video gaming to a point and time with friends.
Casual offs: Foolish behavior, people prying into his personal affairs or feelings when not prompted by him.
Sexual ons: Domination, non-con, dubious consent, restraints, collaring, possible transformation of his partner later on or even using his own creations on his partner | he also enjoys romantic encounters, vanilla type play but passionate.
Sexual offs: Mutilation, Bodily Waste, Vore. (His Off's more or less match the one playing him, I'll also say I don't care to be mentally controlled but depends on the circumstance as I also enjoy controlling in the right situation.)

Face Claims:  Keanu Reeves
Additional Notes/Photos/Music/etc
An example of what he might see overlaid of himself in the mirror, the more he falls, the more the image becomes more pronounced and the more sinister.

Artifact Creations / Enchantments

Repair - As of the current iteration, it only repairs inanimate objects restoring them back to optimal condition one time. (Will improve as he does)

Reinforcement - When applied to an object it makes it more resilient, at the moment applied to his casual wear, providing him a small bit of protection.

Arcane Glasses - Allows him to blend into a crowd, overlooked or ignored. Not quite a disguise as it doesn't change his appearance. They make him and his actions subtle, inconspicuous, and just...unmemorable provided he isn't doing something extreme or to far out of the ordinary. At basic levels this ability really only impacts individuals without magical abilities. At higher levels, records get lost and misfiled about him, video camera signals might get wonky for a few seconds, a photograph might come out unclear etc.  Obviously he only can craft the basic level at the moment. (for those familiar with it, think 2nd Ed WoD Mage Arcane at it's lowest level)

Secret Space - Bigger on the Inside / A work in progress for the character as he is working to make a proper workshop and fill it with all the tools he might need. For the moment however, use of this allows him to easily carry a much larger load in his backpack with little to no weight.

(I guess these are a few examples right now, nothing world bending yet obviously. Fairly versatile though should he have time to research / make stuff. )

Updated a bit.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: legomaster00156 on August 13, 2018, 08:43:59 PM
Well, the odds of her winding up in a bar are pretty low. She's 19 - below the legal age limit for alcohol.  :P (Sure, with her physique, she could easily pass for older, and her connections could probably get her a fake ID, but she doesn't see the point.)
That said, we could easily take a similar track, because while she has no reason to visit a bar, she works at a restaurant herself, serving as a waitress. That could be the place where they wound up meeting and chatting, learning about each others' similar interests. She'd probably be legitimately interested in his profession, since it does have many similarities to alchemy.  ;D

Edit: Added a "recipe book" of some of Violet's concoctions. Will work on fleshing out the rest in a bit.

This idea works perfectly, too. He's pretty much just making it month to month, but some times he makes enough in tips or extra shifts (or both) that he can afford some luxuries, like going out.  At least at the beginning of the game, they may be mixing and experimenting with entirely different things, but with a focus on making herbal liquors--and herbs traditionally being used for traditional alchemy (much like her 'Tit Tea')--there could be enough overlap.

And maybe they've inspired each other; maybe he's gotten her something she needed in her own works (like 99.9% alcohol, which might have alchemical purposes), or she's given him creative ideas for brews of his own (which he may or may not share the end result of, depending on whether she's an underage drinker or not; or heck, if she wants to just give it as a gift to somebody else in the Order or what-have-you). And then, of course, my character gets his book... and all of a sudden, he's starting to do stuff like she does. That would be eyebrow-raising, right?

And I really do like a betrayal plot idea, though who betrays who can easily be left up to the whims of fate. I see Erik as being mostly amoral, rather than immoral, and that sort of neutrality means he could sway towards either side... and cause damage to the other side in the process.
Check out my poet tree!

legomaster00156

Without him becoming openly hostile or a danger to normal people, Violet is unlikely to betray him outright even if she learns of his Book-holder status. Obviously, though, she might alert the rest of her call to his identity.
By the way, I've decided that, while much of the RP still takes place in New York, Violet's own apartment is actually out in New Jersey. There's no way that a part-time waitress is affording better.  :P

Vergil1989

Damn Sketch, you don't mess around.  ;D  I'm curious about some of the more specific things Gabriel might be able to create, (a few of his more commonly used creations or runes listed in a spoiler's fine), but otherwise I'm happy with him.  The only thing I'd recommend is allowing him to disguise his blackening eyes since they're supposed to be keeping a low profile.  They can change when he's under stress or something, but otherwise I'm happy with what I see.  Not sure if I should count him both as a book holder and a demon, or just a book holder lol.

I'm thinking about getting the OOC and character rosters up here shortly, but I'd prefer at least two more people to sign on before I do so.  Either way, you guys are amazin' already, trust me.  ;D

The OOC and the Character Rosters are up, but I'm gonna give it another day unless we get a couple more people, before getting the IC stuff going.  See ya soon guys and gals.  ;D  The links can be found in the first post at the top.

shii

Hmmmmm, So I've been looking over everyone's characters and I like what I see so far. I would like to make a male Djinn (demon) and I would like him to actually be bound to someone by his true name. He is very strong and while he has his limitations he can be very handy to have. I would love to explore the back and forth between him and his master (will he resent them? Or will he find them intriguing? Perhaps he torments them every chance he gets. Or maybe he does the unthinkable and falls in love with a foolish mortal.) I'm not writing up my sheet just yet.... I want to give people a chance to think about this offer before I just make him a free-roaming Djinn. I want to be able to write a history and such (has he recently been captured by your character or has he been passed down through your character's family?) He will most definitely resent the fact that he, a powerful Djinn, is a servant to a mortal. However, their personal relationship is up for discussion. He will be Bisexual....

Hit me up if you are interested in plotting with this  ;D

Vergil1989

Huh.  Nice concept there Shii.  ;D  I hope someone comes along to help with this since it looks like it could be quite a bit of fun with the right person.

ff

(Work in Progress:)

Name: Connie Bookake aka Connie the Librarian.
Book Holder: Yes. Owns the original copy of the Kama Sutra, which was brought from India to Babylon by Alexander the Great and, shortly after his death (...possibly related...) stolen from his treasures and taken to Macedonia, and later Athens and Rome, where it was extensively studied and added to by scholars of the classical world. The kama sutra imbues its possessor with all sorts of carnal knowledge and creativity, and great flexibility and stamina as well. And GREAT skin. Oh yeah. Through the tome, Connie has also learned a few *magicks*: low level enchantment a la 'Jedi mind tricks' to often talk her way through situations, distract others, or induce feelings of erotic pleasure in others' minds. She can also form small acts of telekinesis (like floating her coffee mug into hand without reaching for it) and can levitate. 
Demon companion: Aria the succubus. Started appearing to Connie shortly after the Kama Sutra came into her possession. Tries to convince Connie to act as sexual and depraved as possible and corrupt others to do same. Likes to claim she was the mentor of Helen of Troy, and that she put Alexander the Great in an early grave by giving him a blowjob so amazing he had a heart attack at age 33. Even though he was probably gay. Aria likes hot chocolate.
Hunter: No not really but she was a college rifle club regional champ so that's that. Connie has a very sexy Instagram with some choice pics at the shooting range and suggestive poses with a rifle barrel.
Appearance: Hot blonde bombshell. 5'10", fairly athletic for a woman. 
Personality: Extremely bookish. Actually kinda stuck up and prudish, even though she has a quite an academic knowledge of all things carnal, her may or may not actually be very experienced, an endless source of frustration for Aria.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Bio: A+ student, cheerleading captain, stuck up bitch, summa cum laude at Stanford (no comment on whether actual 'cum' was involved in getting all those straight As). Now she's a lit professor and librarian at a college in New York.
Casual ons: Humorous and adventurous stuff.
Casual offs: Boring stuff. Overly spicy food. Politically correct people.
Sexual ons: Exhibitionism, bdsm, oral, vaginal, anal, whipping and spanking, roleplay, costumes.
Sexual offs: Scat, gore.

Face Claims:

Vergil1989

Lol well, this certainly makes for an interesting concept there FF.  ;D  I will say most of us are using magic that is a bit more....flexible? I guess is the right word, but being a literal sex goddess would likely have its uses, just not in any direct capacity.  As long as you're okay with that then I won't split hairs, although having SOME kind of mildly offensive or defensive spells or something would probably be a good idea, even if it's just to cause massive lust 'rages' to break out in a crowd of people or something.  Just some ideas to consider is all, especially since this isn't going to be a lot of actual fighting or anything, but it's at least recommended not to limit yourself.

Good luck filling out the rest though whenever you get a chance.  I'll change the numbers but I think we have MAYBE three other people who could be potential Book Holders?  Either way this is starting to shape up to be quite the interesting cast of folks.  ;D

Also, the ICs ARE up currently just so you guys know, but we've not even gotten started really so you're all fine to pop up whenever you get a chance.  :D