We Could Be Heroes; A Sexy Superhero RP 2nd Arc Recruitment! MALES NEEDED!

Started by Vergil Tanner, May 10, 2017, 09:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jovialtraveler

Powers:Telekinesis

Beginner Level:
- Specific Abilities: Able to lift and manipulate things from afar. Doesn’t need to see them, but his precision will suffer greatly.
- Limitations: only up to 40 pounds, control is still clumsy (almost like he’s wearing big, thick mittens), range is limited to about ten yards away from them. Can only do so for a couple minutes at a time.
- Drawbacks: Overuse causes headaches, nausea, dizzy spells, and even fainting.

Intermediary:
- SA: Able to lift and manipulate objects from afar. Doesn’t need to see them, but his precision will suffer somewhat.
- LI: Only 60 pounds, control is about as good as a hand’s would be, range is limited to 20 yards away from them. He can manage 4 whole minutes on a good day.
- DB: Overuse causes headaches, nausea, and dizzy spells.

Mastery:
- SA: Able to lift and manipulate objects from afar. Doesn’t need to see them, but it certainly helps.
- LI: Able to lift 90 pounds, has near-complete control over the area the force is applied, range is limited to 40 yards away. Can only manage 10 minutes before the headaches start.
-DB: Overuse causes headaches and Nausea

PentheWonderful

Quote from: Jovialtraveler on August 12, 2018, 07:02:08 PM

Beginner Level:
- Specific Abilities: Able to lift and manipulate things from afar.
- Limitations: only up to 40 pounds, control is still clumsy (almost like he’s wearing big, thick mittens), range is limited to about ten yards away from them.

Intermediary:
- SA: Able to lift and manipulate objects from afar.
- LI: Only 60 pounds, control is about as good as a hand’s would be, range is limited to 20 yards away from them.

Mastery:
- SA: Able to lift and manipulate objects from afar.
- LI: Able to lift 90 pounds, has near-complete control over the area the force is applied, range is limited to 40 yards away

40 pounds is quite considerable for beginner level. How about you focus on small objects first, like coins, undoing locks, and opening doors/windows? Low effort activities. Maybe a maximum of 20lbs. 10 yards sounds reasonable, but it has to be maximum with great strain on your character.

Intermediate level, I can allow 40-60 lbs, finer control, 20 yards is fine, with note that it also places great strain. Basically, the further the object is from him, the weaker the control.

Mastery is all good to me.

SO some questions:
1. Would he be able to lift up human beings, including himself?
2. Does he need to be able to see the object he's trying to control? (ex. if the object is in another room, or if the terrain is foggy or too far away to see)
3. Would he be able to control other people? By physically moving their limbs, that is.
4. Is 90lbs at mastery his top weight or is there more to it?
5. How often or how much can he use his power before it is considered "overuse" at each level?
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

Jovialtraveler

Alright. Will drop to twenty pounds.

1.only if they’re below his weight limit.
2. No. His telekinesis is more like a pushing force that he can choose the exact shape off.
3. Not for long. The amount of effort required to maneuver a human being while the resist would be staggering. Keep in mind that he can only exert a total of his weight limit. So if, for exampl, each  leg  moved with 15 pounds, and he was a beginner, he couldn’t do it. He just wouldnt have enough force to move them. Even at higher levels it’s just not practical.
4. It’s his top weight. I debated going up to 120, but you can do some scary shit with ninety pounds of force focused on the same area as a penny.
5. Imagine trying to hold up a weight. You can manage for a few minutes, but then you start to get sore, and shaky, until finally you drop it. It’s the same deal. He can train himself to handle it for longer periods, but at beginner level, it’s only a minute or two at a time, tops.

PentheWonderful

Quote from: Jovialtraveler on August 12, 2018, 09:10:45 PM
Alright. Will drop to twenty pounds.

Perfect :-)

1.only if they’re below his weight limit.

Sounds good to me :D

2. No. His telekinesis is more like a pushing force that he can choose the exact shape off.

Well, my question is, does the target need to be in sight for him to exert the force on? What if he can't see what he's supposed to move? For instance, would he be able to move a soda can a few feet away from him if he were blindfolded?

3. Not for long. The amount of effort required to maneuver a human being while the resist would be staggering. Keep in mind that he can only exert a total of his weight limit. So if, for exampl, each  leg  moved with 15 pounds, and he was a beginner, he couldn’t do it. He just wouldnt have enough force to move them. Even at higher levels it’s just not practical.

That sounds reasonable!

4. It’s his top weight. I debated going up to 120, but you can do some scary shit with ninety pounds of force focused on the same area as a penny.

That is an excellent point, and very strategic in my opinion. :D

5. Imagine trying to hold up a weight. You can manage for a few minutes, but then you start to get sore, and shaky, until finally you drop it. It’s the same deal. He can train himself to handle it for longer periods, but at beginner level, it’s only a minute or two at a time, tops.

Alright, in this case, please specify the duration limit for each stage.
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

Jovialtraveler

Beginner Level:
- Specific Abilities: Able to lift and manipulate things from afar. Doesn’t need to see them, but his precision will suffer greatly.
- Limitations: only up to 40 pounds, control is still clumsy (almost like he’s wearing big, thick mittens), range is limited to about ten yards away from them. Can only do so for a couple minutes at a time.

Intermediary:
- SA: Able to lift and manipulate objects from afar. Doesn’t need to see them, but his precision will suffer somewhat.
- LI: Only 60 pounds, control is about as good as a hand’s would be, range is limited to 20 yards away from them. He can manage 4 whole minutes on a good day.

Mastery:
- SA: Able to lift and manipulate objects from afar. Doesn’t need to see them, but it certainly helps.
- LI: Able to lift 90 pounds, has near-complete control over the area the force is applied, range is limited to 40 yards away. Can only manage 10 minutes before the headaches start.

Fixed

Jovialtraveler

Quote from: PentheWonderful on August 13, 2018, 04:55:29 AM
Perfect :-)

Sounds good to me :D

Well, my question is, does the target need to be in sight for him to exert the force on? What if he can't see what he's supposed to move? For instance, would he be able to move a soda can a few feet away from him if he were blindfolded?

That sounds reasonable!

That is an excellent point, and very strategic in my opinion. :D

Alright, in this case, please specify the duration limit for each stage.
2. Yes, but he’s probably only be able to slap it around, at least at first. With practice, he could probably learn to “feel” what he’s touching, but would be like when you pick something up witha numb hand. You feel resistance, but nothing specific.

PentheWonderful

Quote from: Jovialtraveler on August 13, 2018, 01:54:24 PM
2. Yes, but he’s probably only be able to slap it around, at least at first. With practice, he could probably learn to “feel” what he’s touching, but would be like when you pick something up witha numb hand. You feel resistance, but nothing specific.

Alright, please include this in your power sheet, note the level of control and "sensing" for each level, and the accuracy if the exerted force (ex. the likelihood of it finding its target, whether or not he could differentiate between friend or foe)

Jovialtraveler

Beginner Level:
- Specific Abilities: Able to lift and manipulate things from afar. Doesn’t need to see them, but will experience a precision decrease of 80%
- Limitations: only up to 20 pounds, control is still clumsy (almost like he’s wearing big, thick mittens), range is limited to about ten yards away from them. Can only do so for a couple minutes at a time. If he had to manipulate an unseen object, it would be mostly guesswork as to where it was. Force is only as accurate as, for example, throwing a baseball. At this level he can push and pull, but not “hold” or sustain his force for more than a few seconds per use, like a really firm shove.

Intermediary:
- SA: Able to lift and manipulate objects from afar. Doesn’t need to see them, but his precision will be reduced by 40%
- LI: Only 60 pounds, control is about as good as a hand’s would be, range is limited to 20 yards away from them. He can manage 4 whole minutes on a good day. If manipulating an unseen object, he might be able to “feel” it with the force he sends out, but it would be like trying to feel something with a numb hand (Something is THERE, because you feel resistance, but that’s it). At this level he can “hold” things, almost like he would a hand, although figuring out the right amount of force to put behind a motion is difficult.

Mastery:
- SA: Able to lift and manipulate objects from afar. Doesn’t need to see them, but his precision will be reduced by 20%
- LI: Able to lift 90 pounds, has near-complete control over the area the force is applied, range is limited to 40 yards away. Can only manage 10 minutes before the headaches start. Able to “feel” about as accurately as a hand with the force he sends out. (But he could still easily guess wrong). He can hold, apply pressure to objects (for pushing buttons and twisting, for example), even pick up liquids, if he’s careful with how much force he uses (this does require concentration, since it’s got to be juuuust the right amount not to drop it, or send it flying everywhere).

Jovialtraveler

Quote from: PentheWonderful on August 13, 2018, 08:43:26 PM
Alright, please include this in your power sheet, note the level of control and "sensing" for each level, and the accuracy if the exerted force (ex. the likelihood of it finding its target, whether or not he could differentiate between friend or foe)
only if they had something SUPER distinctive he could feel for, like a Mohawk, or obnoxiously bedazzled EVERYTHING. Interacting with an object doesn’t tell him anything about it, except whether it’s above or below his max weight.

PentheWonderful

Quote from: Jovialtraveler on August 13, 2018, 08:48:44 PM

Beginner Level:
- Limitations: only up to 40 pounds, control is still clumsy (almost like he’s wearing big, thick mittens), range is limited to about ten yards away from them. Can only do so for a couple minutes at a time. If he had to manipulate an unseen object, it would be mostly guesswork as to where it was. Force is only as accurate as, for example, throwing a baseball.

Intermediary:
- LI: Only 60 pounds, control is about as good as a hand’s would be, range is limited to 20 yards away from them. He can manage 4 whole minutes on a good day. If manipulating an unseen object, he might be able to “feel” it with the force he sends out, but it would be like trying to feel something with a numb hand (Something is THERE, because you feel resistance, but that’s it).

Mastery:
- LI: Able to lift 90 pounds, has near-complete control over the area the force is applied, range is limited to 40 yards away. Can only manage 10 minutes before the headaches start. Able to “feel” about as accurately as a hand with the force he sends out. (But he could still easily guess wrong).

Alright, give me something a bit more specific than "it certainly helps". Try using percentages, ex. Reduces precision up to 80%

Jovialtraveler

PentheWonderful

Quote from: Jovialtraveler on August 14, 2018, 01:07:24 AM
Fixed

Also, can you detail "manipulate" further? What are the extents of his manipulation at each level?

Jovialtraveler

PentheWonderful

Aaaand now it's perfect! :D

We just have to wait for Vergil, who has just gotten back from a 24 hour flight. :P

Vergil Tanner

QuoteBeginner Level:
- Specific Abilities: Able to lift and manipulate things from afar. Doesn’t need to see them, but will experience a precision decrease of 80%

At Beginner Level, he needs to see the item to manipulate it with his powers, please.
Also, please further define "Manipulate." What is it, specifically, he can do to / with it?

Quote- Limitations: only up to 40 pounds,

20lbs, as discussed with Pen, please.

QuoteIf he had to manipulate an unseen object, it would be mostly guesswork as to where it was. Force is only as accurate as, for example, throwing a baseball.

How would he know if there was an object he couldn't see? At Beginner Level, I'd like the items to have to remain in sight, He can start to develop ranged unseen capabilities at the intermediary level.

QuoteAt this level he can push and pull, but not “hold” or sustain his force for more than a few seconds per use, like a really firm shove.

How long does it take him to "Charge" a push? Is it instantaneous?

QuoteIntermediary:
- SA: Able to lift and manipulate objects from afar. Doesn’t need to see them, but his precision will be reduced by 40%

60%, please. :P

Quote- LI: Only 60 pounds,

45, please.

Quotecontrol is about as good as a hand’s would be, range is limited to 20 yards away from them. He can manage 4 whole minutes on a good day. If manipulating an unseen object, he might be able to “feel” it with the force he sends out, but it would be like trying to feel something with a numb hand (Something is THERE, because you feel resistance, but that’s it). At this level he can “hold” things, almost like he would a hand, although figuring out the right amount of force to put behind a motion is difficult.

Downgrade the level of control a smidge.

Quote- SA: Able to lift and manipulate objects from afar. Doesn’t need to see them, but his precision will be reduced by 20%

I'd say 30%.

Quote- LI: Able to lift 90 pounds,
75, please.

Quotehas near-complete control over the area the force is applied,

Can you elaborate on this? What does this actually mean?
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Jovialtraveler

I’m sorry
I give up.
I was NOT ready to go this in depth for just a bit of fun. I’m just not dedicated enough.
You sir, are making me eat my vegetables, and now I no longer want desert. My appetite has been spoiled.
Sorry to waste your time.

Bye.

Vergil Tanner

I'm sorry you feel that way. The point of this process is to make sure that the powers, personality and connections of the character are properly thought out and planned, but also to ensure that people are invested enough to not drop the game out of the blue. I get that it feels way too in depth and it takes too long in many ways, and I apologise for that and I hope you better find what you are after elsewhere. Good luck with your other games :-)

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Jovialtraveler

Thanks. I’m sure the game is great, dude. Hope you find more players.

Shado

alrighty. I took a bit to research things (If you can call Google-ing stuff research)
Since temperature is what really effects the rate at which sound waves travel, more than pressure or humidity, I decided to focus in more on the essential parts of aerokinesis. Movement and force. Fus Roh Dah and all that.
Sound could be optionally effected by, let's say, a brisk breeze in your ears creating noise... but I'm not sure that aerokinesis can really apply the idea like I had originally imagined.
I'm not completely sure on the numbers, so if anything needs changing, I am more than willing to do so.
Now on to the point-

Powers: Aerokinesis

Beginner Level:
- Specific Abilities: air movement up to 18 mph wind speed gusts; a moderate breeze which can effectively move dust, leaves, paper, ect.
- Limitations: 20ft radius, short duration, very little fine control
- Drawbacks: very weak, no sustained use, can only be done in bursts

Intermediary:
- SA: movement and sustainable force up to 24 mph. can be used to blow away objects with little weight such as twigs, cloth, trash, ect.
Or suddenly change the pressure up or down 5 Pascals (feels like change in elevation approx 1000ft) by condensing or making a vacuum with the air. The effects are barely an irritation to most, perhaps making their ears pop; however those sensitive to change in barometric pressure might feel lightheaded or dizzy.

- LI: 50ft range, sustained duration effects up to 30 seconds (3 turns in a D&D combat round), some fine control (general shapes with no definition such as simple wind wave-form cutting edges, bubbles, walls, ect)
- DB short duration uses, still fairly weak in strength

Mastery:
- SA: sustained wind forces up to 50 mph capable of taking down small trees, causing slight structure damage, and greatly hindering operations and movement of any people in the effected area.
Can also change the pressure of the air up to 15 Pascals (feels like changing elevation 3000ft). Those in a low-pressure would begin to experience hypoxia and altitude sickness symptoms; whereas those in a high pressure area would have no trouble breathing, but might feel nitrogen narcosis (an effect similar to alcohol on the body) after a few minutes of exposure.

- LI: 100ft range, sustained duration effects up to 60 seconds (1 full D&D combat round), fine-tuned control with a light or hard touch (attack and defend with distinct shapes of compressed air such as blades, bullets, spikes, sheilds. Can also use a gentle and presice touch to create "illusions" of the air such as air signs or writing, or creatures made of dust or smoke that he can move.)
-DB: overuse can still do terrible things, such as cause severe fatigue with dizziness and vomiting or fainting... Even a proclaimed master has limits.

Wubba-lubba-dub-dub

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm...I like it! I would crank the Beginner Level up to 20mph, the Intermediate up to 30, and the Mastery up to 60. We don't want you being too weak at Mastery Level!

As for Mastery Duration, do you mean 6 seconds, or 60 seconds?

Shado

Wubba-lubba-dub-dub

Vergil Tanner

Let me know as soon as those edits are in, so I can take a last look before we go further :-)

Jovialtraveler

Vergil Tanner

That only applies to emails notifications. If you want it gone from your "Unread replies" list, you have to go through and delete every single post you made in this thread.

A pain, I know, but that's the only way I know of.

PentheWonderful

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on August 17, 2018, 03:23:58 AM
That only applies to emails notifications. If you want it gone from your "Unread replies" list, you have to go through and delete every single post you made in this thread.

A pain, I know, but that's the only way I know of.

Or you could just Remove Bookmark from My Bookmarks :P