Mature Fantasy Quest - Strong Writers Desired

Started by Darkmoon, July 17, 2016, 10:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollumhammersong

Quote from: Nowherewoman on July 20, 2016, 06:24:26 AM
Curious about the reference to 'the bomb' in the plot teaser. Are we dealing with a  sort of Steampunk fantasy world here, or a Shadowrunlike Tech and Sorcery mixture, or...?

In the opening g posts under theme. He states this will be a high fantasy/ tolkeinesque setting.

I wouldn't read too much into the use of 'bomb' at least not in a literal sense.
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Ollumhammersong on July 20, 2016, 12:10:37 PM
In the opening g posts under theme. He states this will be a high fantasy/ tolkeinesque setting.

I wouldn't read too much into the use of 'bomb' at least not in a literal sense.

Which is why I was asking, since there's a distinct conflict of style implications there.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Darkmoon

Quote from: Nowherewoman on July 20, 2016, 06:24:26 AM
Curious about the reference to 'the bomb' in the plot teaser. Are we dealing with a  sort of Steampunk fantasy world here, or a Shadowrunlike Tech and Sorcery mixture, or...?

The theme is generally medieval fantasy, but elements of steam technology may make themselves apparent in limited ways. Sorcery will certainly play a significant factor throughout. There are no guns. Generally, the average character in the party will have no knowledge of what the "bomb" actually was. Rumors suggest it was some type of magic or artifact employed as a weapon against the entirety of mankind, to destroy the Plague before it could spread. That suggests that at least the central Imperium within Vilirum would have been dealing with the Plague for enough time to decide the only measure to protect the world was to destroy everything within the Plague's reach. The ultimate, terrible tragedy is that mankind did not stop it, and lost its most advanced and powerful known civilization in Airu. That leaves a great vacuum of power and also a horrendous despair among humans, and an opportunity for other nations, factions, and forces to rise up and fill the vacuum.

Undine

Interested from what I've seen so far - minimal dice rolls, focus on writing characters and making story *sage nod*  I thought I read most everything but I'm a little tired and might have missed it - what is your expected post rate?
How to bait for an Undine   My O/O's
  When Undine makes for the deep waters My A/A's 

“‘Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.’” ~ Giles, The Shape of Water
My F&S fascinations:  Elegance Wild and Grace Forgotten

Ollumhammersong

there seems to be quite the level of interest in this.
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 20, 2016, 08:11:11 PM
The theme is generally medieval fantasy, but elements of steam technology may make themselves apparent in limited ways. Sorcery will certainly play a significant factor throughout. There are no guns. Generally, the average character in the party will have no knowledge of what the "bomb" actually was. Rumors suggest it was some type of magic or artifact employed as a weapon against the entirety of mankind, to destroy the Plague before it could spread. That suggests that at least the central Imperium within Vilirum would have been dealing with the Plague for enough time to decide the only measure to protect the world was to destroy everything within the Plague's reach. The ultimate, terrible tragedy is that mankind did not stop it, and lost its most advanced and powerful known civilization in Airu. That leaves a great vacuum of power and also a horrendous despair among humans, and an opportunity for other nations, factions, and forces to rise up and fill the vacuum.

TY, clears that up.  My next question was going to be about the viability of a technomancer type character- someone who uses her own blood to power magically-imbued automata and such, but if steam tech is so limited, probably not a good concept.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Darkmoon

Quote from: Undine on July 20, 2016, 08:21:32 PM
Interested from what I've seen so far - minimal dice rolls, focus on writing characters and making story *sage nod*  I thought I read most everything but I'm a little tired and might have missed it - what is your expected post rate?

I expect to post conservatively speaking, once a week. I should check in most mornings and am likely to post more often than once a week.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Nowherewoman on July 20, 2016, 09:52:52 PM
TY, clears that up.  My next question was going to be about the viability of a technomancer type character- someone who uses her own blood to power magically-imbued automata and such, but if steam tech is so limited, probably not a good concept.

Technomancer as a term sounds off with regard to the setting. I'm having instant images of William Gibson's Neuromancer 80's style cyberpunk, or 90's cybergoths running around a rave stabbing themselves to deafening bass. The dscription that follows though is reasonable. In my comment about limited steam power, I'm referring to the type of odd and very occasional scientific/engineering types who have odd experiments and really draw attention to themselves, but haven't really been discovered or had their works expand out into the masses. In that sense, we could accomodate a gear-driven, steampunk style set of automatons. If you want to use blood magic particularly, you have to be prepared to be treated like a bit of a pariah, or to keep your methods largely to yourself. In a medieval fantasy realm, what your character would be doing would be considered evil if blood were involved, and she/he'd be weighed to see if she were heavier than a duck.

Darkmoon

Update: This game has received enough interest and I am opening it up for character submissions. Please PM me your character description, desired abilities, desired background, and a character portrait. You may also wish to e-mail me your non-con-vs-consensual perference so I can make sure the NPCs act accordingly with your preferences in the future, if that becomes an opportunity.

Ollumhammersong

Darkmoon

Quote from: Ollumhammersong on July 21, 2016, 09:48:10 AM
So, is anyone else making a wood elf?

We have one approved wood elf character thus far: yours. Great submission. Thank you!

Doomsday

Still interested, but probably won't get around to making a sheet until Monday-ish.

Florence

I could be interested, but I'm a bit tired atm. I'll have to give this a look over again after some sleep and see what I think then.

I have some fantasy character ideas I've been dying to try out, though.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Doomsday on July 22, 2016, 07:29:59 AM
Still interested, but probably won't get around to making a sheet until Monday-ish.

Glad to hear it! No rush. These things take time. As characters get approved I will introduce the roster in the first post, and because this is a drop-in/drop-out game, we can accomodate for people who may be interested but want to jump in at a later date.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Florence on July 23, 2016, 12:49:10 AM
I could be interested, but I'm a bit tired atm. I'll have to give this a look over again after some sleep and see what I think then.

I have some fantasy character ideas I've been dying to try out, though.

Happy to have your interest! If you want to ask any questions before going through the work of submitting a full character sheet, feel free.

Ollumhammersong

Out of curiosity. Does anyone know how many people are in on this?

Cataclysmic Archangel

If there are still openings, I find myself interested.

Edit:  PM'd half a sheet, in case there's still room.

Aida Rose

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 23, 2016, 05:49:23 AM
Happy to have your interest! If you want to ask any questions before going through the work of submitting a full character sheet, feel free.

Where's the character sheet?

Ollumhammersong

Quote from: Aida Rose on July 23, 2016, 05:02:59 PM
Where's the character sheet?

There isn't one. Just make up your own.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Ollumhammersong on July 23, 2016, 02:56:30 PM
Out of curiosity. Does anyone know how many people are in on this?

I have received PMs from 7 different people since opening up to character submissions. So far I have two approved characters (yours, Ontan) and have more to go through. Thank you for your patience as I weed my way through this process and discuss characters with the applicants. I will be creating a series of same-sized theme-specific portraits for your characters based on the character art you submit to me, and they can always be updated in the future. These portraits will be included on the first page when a sufficient starting party has been assembled.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Arcannyx on July 23, 2016, 05:00:46 PM
If there are still openings, I find myself interested.

Edit:  PM'd half a sheet, in case there's still room.

Thank you. I will respond via PM once I have reviewed it.

Darkmoon

Update: We have four approved characters so far:

A wood elf ranger (female, fighter)
A human ranger (male, fighter)
A priestess (female, cleric)
A human thief (female, rogue)

I'm very pleased with these approved characters so far. We need a few more to balance things out. We could especially use a magic user and a "tank" style character, someone with great strength and durability. I will make up for the absence of these characters with NPCs if we don't receive any applicants. I will be adding theme-specific portraits using the character art submitted to me for the four characters above soon and for more characters as they approved. I am truly excited based on the applicants so far and expect this to be an engrossing and positive game with good character dynamics, relations, and long term sustainability.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 24, 2016, 02:05:36 PM

We could especially use a magic user

That's what I sent in.

Doomsday

A wood elf ranger (female, fighter)
A human ranger (male, fighter)
A priestess (female, cleric)
A human thief (female, rogue)

I'm very pleased with these approved characters so far. We need a few more to balance things out. We could especially use a magic user and a "tank" style character, someone with great strength and durability. I will make up for the absence of these characters with NPCs if we don't receive any applicants. I will be adding theme-specific portraits using the character art submitted to me for the four characters above soon and for more characters as they approved. I am truly excited based on the applicants so far and expect this to be an engrossing and positive game with good character dynamics, relations, and long term sustainability.

I was waiting to see what sort of characters/archetypes we'd get before I started brainstorming; I'll try to fill one of these two roles when I work on a sheet ::)

Relikai

A "tank" style character, someone with great strength and durability.

*Ahem* lol :p