Power Rangers. Kamen Rider, Sentai, suits and monsters

Started by Sabby, December 20, 2010, 06:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

You know, now that I think about it the Green Ranger was the first villain where I said. Wow, that's a really mean guy; but I sure would love to have his Zord and armor.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Sabby on December 20, 2010, 06:14:30 PM
I also heard Jungle Fury was alright.

It was. ^^ There was a martial arts focus to that one, and I think you'll take a liking to the 'Sensei' character in it.  He was hilarious.

Hope you enjoy watching the past Power Rangers series, Sabs.

Inkidu

Sabby, I'm just curious. What do you hope to gain by watching a kids T.V. show at your age?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

How about a few hours of time where nothing matters except defeating the giant evil monsters with giant robots, your friends always have your back (at least by the end of the episode), and teamwork can solve any problem?

* Oniya unashamedly watches kids shows at her age - which she thinks is more than Sabby's.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jag

I like 'kid' shows. Things like Power Rangers have a bit adult following, mostly because of how long they have been around. I still watch Goosebumps, Rugrats, and the Ghostbusters cartoons. I see nothing wrong with it. I think Oniya is right. Sometimes you just need to watch the good guys beat the hell out of the giant monsters and friends smiling together at the end of the episode.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Sabby

Quote from: Inkidu on December 24, 2010, 06:47:07 PM
Sabby, I'm just curious. What do you hope to gain by watching a kids T.V. show at your age?

Never understood this question :/ what do you try and gain from playing video games, watching TV, reading comics, ect. I like Power Rangers because it's one of the few kids shows that actually excites me. I love the colour and flashiness in the designs, the energy that gets put into the action scenes, the overdone and complete bullshit special effects and wire-fu. It's so much better when there's some good writing in it however. Doesn't happen as often as it should, but when it does, it makes those bullet time laden, spark and laser heavy showdowns actually feel tense.

You should have seen me during the RPM finale ^^' sitting on the edge of the couch, leaning forward, hugging my pillow real tight and a lil bit boppy xD seeing the bad guy actually floor the good guys and gloat over them (with some damned good camera angles and music that actually made it look big and epic and hopeless) had me a all "Nuuu!! D=" like a lil kid xD hahaha.

Shadow Ranger Debut Fight

Power Rangers does Kill Bill and does it right!

Sabby

Quote from: Michi No Sora on December 24, 2010, 07:38:19 PM
Sometimes you just need to watch the good guys beat the hell out of the giant monsters and friends smiling together at the end of the episode.

Eh, it can get repetitive. I started predicting the endings of the Mighty Morphin' series to the second >.< monster is defeated by the same special move, everyone goes to juice bar, Bulk and Skull fall into whatever food is on the scene, and the credits freeze frame the gang laughing at them.

I loved in other seasons when they'd throw a curveball. I almost crapped myself when the monster grabbed the sword during the finisher move. Ya know, the move with the same scene that means an instant win every time? I expected it to fall over and explode, but when it countered, it made the enemy a bit more then a simple 'monster of the week'.

Sabby

SPD is starting to die on me... Emperor Gruumm is underdeveloped, which sucks, because he looked like a contender for Lord Zedd, Boom is a retard, any scene involving him is painfully unfunny, and the show just focuses on any of Cruger's actions in a bad way. He's a military leader ffs! But everyone gets all upset with him if he puts his foot down. Hell, someone actually quit, and he accepted. He didn't fire them, he simply accepted the resignation letter, and everyone gets all hurt and surprised over it.

I'd love to see how Delta Team fares in a real military :/ they'd be kicked out in a week.

Diabolus Lupus

*blinks* wow. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the really buff Tommy. But I was definitely a fan of the Mighty Morphin', in fact I very well might have the first movie (the one with Ivan Ooze) hiding somewhere.

I actually liked the season/s with Tommy as the white ranger best. Mostly because, if I recall correctly, he had the smartass talking sword who's name I can't recall at the moment.

Where could I actually find the episodes online? Cause I'm feeling a bit nostalgic.

Sabby

Youtube :) I watch all mine there. They seem to have every season, but not under one user, so just search it. Usually comes under the Season Name, Episode Number, Part format.

Inkidu

I wasn't knocking anyone for watching a kids' T.V. show. I'm an avid reader of young-readers books because I think that a lot of the modern writer's focus is on being adult. I just wondered what you got from it when you walked away from watching the episodes is all. I mean reading The Giver when I was twelve, and then again when I was twenty blew my mind. Even reading my nieces and nephews Dr. Seus, and Richard S. books are not the same.

You might not have understood my question, Sabby, but you managed to answer it anyway. Thanks.

Sabby

It's cool, I just get the same question a lot, in a not nice way.

http://timeline.rovang.org/#1993-94

If you can get all this in without getting a headache, you will get a cookie.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on December 26, 2010, 07:23:31 PM
It's cool, I just get the same question a lot, in a not nice way.

http://timeline.rovang.org/#1993-94

If you can get all this in without getting a headache, you will get a cookie.
Damn, and I really wanted that cookie.

Talia

Quote from: Inkidu on December 26, 2010, 08:13:19 PM
Damn, and I really wanted that cookie.

*laughs*
Hell, just looking at that screen for the short time I did made my headache worse..... I would have liked the cookie too :)
He looks at me and my heart starts skipping beats, my face starts to glow and my eyes start to twinkle.
Imagine what he would do to me if he smiled!

Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips.

On's & Off's
The Oath of Drake for Group RP's
A&A

Sabby

The cookie shall forever remain on this table, until one who is worthy comes.

Diabolus Lupus

*starts reading and making plans to spend several days on youtube*

Alysanthia

*Stumbles in* Some one say Power Rangers? :D

I remember watching the original show everyday before school, and then going to the theater to see the movie... Wow I feel kinda old now. Then I started watching it again when they brought Tommy back (secret Tommy fan-girl) and again with the ninja Rangers. I kinda stop watching it after SPD (which now thanks to Oniya I wanna say STD! XD ) Now I see commercials for a new series and it looks like they are samurais?

Now about that cookie... *Just stares at it* is it a lie like the cake?

Sabby

It might as well be, no ones getting it xD

Lithos

Any sort of bashing to other colors should of course be done by the white power ranger!

He does not appear in nearly all shows though.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Sabby

I just got the White Ranger theme as my ring tone :)

Sabby

SPD has redeemed itself in my eyes.

Because of this.

Stay awesome Gruumm.

Vincent

Not countiing zeo, the last good one imo was time force.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Sabby

Zeo was good. In Space was when it started to 'grow up' a bit.

Sabby

Power Rangers RPM - Tribute

I know I talk about RPM a lot, but... I simply had to post this. It's just too epic not to.

Sabby

Moving onto Lost Galaxy now. Pleasantly surprised... the whole Magna plotline is so morbid and tragic and I love it.